Legendary Task Rewards

Not much better
8 gem keys i guess is ok :expressionless:

1 Like

8 keys? I’m sooooo Jelly right now :-/

1 Like

Omg you won the jackpot :stuck_out_tongue:

I know we are making jokes now, but seriously this isn’t acceptable :frowning:

That’s a increase of +2 gem keys for the tier 3.
The other one is 750 glory instead of 500.

1 Like

I’m dreading the update hitting console at this point, this is flat out ridiculous. Put regular guild tasks back at least, although some of these LT’s shown above are embarrassingly bad. Poor poor decision by the devs.

5 Likes

I have never understood the Legendary Tasks rewards (other than the mythic) because

It costs just basic tasks:
20,000 to get 160 Glory
65,000 for 4 gem keys
150,000 for 4 event keys

Giving us a grand total of 235,000 – And what I have gotten over the last 5 legendary tasks completed this week (And yet at 1 mil a pop)

10 Glory Keys, 60 Gems, 300 Glory
4 Gem Keys, 4 Event, 25 Gems
2 Gem Keys, 60 Gems, 300 Glory
6 Runic Earth, 10 Glory Keys, 3 Event Keys
4 Gem Keys, 4 Event, 100 Glory.

You get more when you buy your own Glory chests at 100 or 200 chests. (I get way more stuff)

I’ve long been an advocate that well-reasoned arguments resonate better with the dev team. I don’t think it does any good to complain on the basis of claiming an individual spent 1M gold for the rewards you get as an individual. It should be acknowledged either (a) that those rewards only cost an average of 33,333 gold or (b) that those rewards should be multiplied by 30.

33k gold for 4 gem keys, 4 event keys, and 25 gems still sounds pretty darn good to me. So too does
1M gold for 120 gem keys, 120 event keys, and 750 gems.

If folks want to pick battles then I really don’t think this is the one to die on a hill for.

1 Like

Paying 1 million gold for something I could have gotten from a handful of treasure hunts is kind of sad.

2 Likes

33k for 2 glory keys, one gem key and 4 event keys? Not so much

1 Like

Even cherry-picking the worst possible-seeming rewards (which you’ve clearly done), yes, that’s absolutely worth 33k. 70 gems for 33k gold. That’s, what, maybe 9-12 PvP battles for 70 gems? I’d take that deal all day long. You’d be crazy not to!

See what I mean? The math is always against you in this argument.

Which would you rather have: 2 glory keys, one gem key and 4 event keys, or 70 gems? Nobody would choose the former. The problem with trying to use the “gem value” of what it would cost in gems to buy these things is that a gem is far more valuable unspent so the player can choose what they want to spend it on. Your same argument could be made for treasure maps which could be reduced to a gem value but I think most people would rather have 50 gems than, say, 20 treasure maps which probably costs much more than 50 gems. Hell, most people would probably take 50 gems over 50 maps.

It’s also a false narrative to use the math for what these would cost in gems to try and equate that to the gem value of what these are worth when you aren’t factoring in the ability to bulk purchase keys with gems at a lower cost.

2 Likes

This.

Raw gems is the currency that’s being nerfed to the ground, which is a big reason people are reacting the way they are.

2 Likes

18 LTs and no gem…

4 Likes

Wow. I am literally without words.

For me as i have only just got my kingdoms to lvl 5, completing the tasks was needed to get the boosted stats for PVP.

I agree though the LTs are crap for the cost.

One other point, the gold gain in the game is not tied to just x4 speed, the real truth would be the Mab Spam Justice team. That is why players have gained more gold, as battle are super easier.

1 Like

I agree with this. My problem (I’m in a top Guild BTW) is the Developer tax on Guild Tasks and LT hits the new/low level Guilds the most when the fat cats were pounding out LT left and right at 4x with awesome teams. They decided to reduce ALL Guild rewards across the board. We have yet to see this in full effect (wait until Monday) when players see what 20% looks like instead of only 16%!

Still believe they should have INCREASED everything related to tasks and added a simple progression cost to each subsequent LT completed during the week.

Instead we get something like “Isn’t it great the laws apply to everyone even the King is forbidden from sleeping in the park”.

3 Likes

It is not worth 1 Million, it is worth 33 333. For 1 million, your guild received 120 glory keys, 30 gem keys and 120 event keys.

1 Like

I get the whole “but 30 people get the resources, so multiply that by thirty or divide the cost by thirty” thing, but it doesn’t really pan out. It will happen that every single person in a guild will donate exactly equal amounts across the board. There is also the fact that it doesn’t matter how much total resources enter the game, since they all have a specific function and purchasing power relative to the player that obtains them and are non-transferrable (with the exception of raw gold > more tasks, which is non-impactful at the LT level). Saying, “but for 33k” is every bit as false as saying “for 1 million!”. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Even when playing with a full guild of people that play at similar, there is generally going to be a lot of fluctuation. For the individual, if they decide to go above and beyond in a temporary spurt, they may very well be footing that one million by themselves. When you can get a large portion of a guild playing an absurd amount per week, you might be paying in <100k or even less per task. It doesn’t matter that others are getting them “for free” during this time period, as this has absolutely no bearing on the individual.

This is all fine, because it was how the system was designed to work, giving it another level of soft cap. I’m going to maintain the larger issue is the definition of “gem value” resources. At the end of the day, the thing there that matter:

• Can I obtain/ascend new troops/ finish new kingdoms/keep up with the release schedule with the same level of ease as I could pre-patch?
  • Where am I regarding what I earn that can get me a mythic relative to pre-patch?

The first aspect, we will probably be okay on. The second aspect is the one that has people concerned. If you were earning enough to get, for example, 1.25 mythics/month pre-patch with VIP chests, and now (after putting in 16-20% more gold total) you are earning 1.0 mythics/month from this source, you run an increased risk of missing a mythic during its exclusive period. And the cost of crafting a mythic is still potentially much greater than the average cost getting it during its exclusive period - although you can use 4200 gems to accelerate the time table to 3 months, you still need 3 months worth of dungeon drops (another 4200 “gem value”) to craft the mythic and I don’t believe for a second that the ~350 “gem value” of diamonds dropped per month in dungeons were not considered in the calculation for rebalancing tasks tasks. Even adding this ~0.18 “free mythics” per month to the calculation, we could still very well be coming out behind. If you were maintaining a collection before but backslide post patch, then it will be impossible to ever have a full collection (even if just for until the next new release), so this could be a deal breaker for those with this as their main goal.

We still have no idea what is on the base 12 guild task tables, though. What matters is how many raw gems were removed… err… “converted” to other resources. Having colored Jewels on the guild reward tables and assigned some arbitrary gem value would be one of the worst possible outcomes, as this would mean we functionally lose a lot more than 16% of the things that actually matter. Having diamonds on the table relative to the actual purchase price would be fairly neutral - the gems themselves would still be better since you have the choice, but diamonds are limited by time so you’d get to a target craft faster potentially, if you were able to obtain the requisite gems to keep up elsewhere.

2 Likes

We got LT mugged again. We didn’t learn our lesson the first time.