Legendary Task Rewards

We just completed a legendary task on Xbox One and received 2 arcane stones, 6 gem keys, and 3 event keys. Has the Table 2 event key reward been adjusted on PC/mobile as well, or was this a console-specific thing? FWIW, we’ve completed a number of legendary tasks each week, but this is the first time I recall getting 3 event keys.

1 Like

Yes, on PC/mobile table 2 is 3 event keys too.

2 Likes

Ok. I posted aggregate data for Mean Machine’s legendary task completions over here.

I hope that @turintuor will be able to use this data in his probability analyses.

Some thoughts on the data as I reviewed the listing…

Perhaps the kinds of payouts that we see might be changing/ get adjusted over time?

What happens on special days like Christmas… Is there ever a higher probability of getting a better pull from Table 3?

Sadly, MM did not do any Legendaries on December 25th, but I’m still curious about anecdotal surprises from those other Guilds (you know who!) doing 200+ Task completions per month.

1 Like

Not for us apparently. (???)

Thanks for the data. I didn’t continue to gather data because:

1. as you said, the weights of each rewards can be modified by the devs. In this case, all the previous can go in the trash…
  2. the initial goal was to know the probability to obtain a Mythic and to see if we could farm LT to obtain the exclusive Mythic. But the new Mythic is not exclusive during one week and the probability seems very low…
  3. guild seals should be there but are not. Devs never provide a clear answer aside… The best that we have is that:

Of course as soon as devs add guild seals, we have to start again from scratch…

At first I thought that 3) will be solved in the month and so wait for one month. But no news and so I finally stop…
In fact, I’m a little bit tired of the “SOON” answer…

For Table 2, it can be 2 OR 3 Event Keys. I don’t know if it’s a mistake or not.

3 Likes

I believe it’s a mistake. I’m probably using incorrect terms to describe this part(!), but the 2 Event Key value appears to be linked to a Non-Random Biased result…

My epidemiology professor (i.e. medical statistician) proposed that when examining raw data, one should let the data speak for itself when it comes to revealing anything of interest. I went and compared Mean Machine’s results to those from @Ashasekayi Black Dragon, @Saluki INTRIM, and @Aelthwyn Anonymous.

In all cases, whenever a pull from Table 2 resulted in 2 Event Keys, it was ALWAYS positively linked to receiving either 6 Gems Keys (Table 3) OR 2 Gem Keys (Table 1) in that same Legendary Task.

I wouldn’t mind if the number crunchers could take a look at these findings, please.

1 Like

Looking thru my data, I cant really confirm anything with certainty because while I do keep track of every task we get, I have not specifically noted which table we got 2 event keys from. It could be determined by looking closely at each task again, but I dont really want to delve that deeply.

What I can say is there is very noticeable correlation between 2 event keys and 6 gem keys.

I do not see as much correlation with 2 event keys and 2 gem keys. It does occur, but not very often.

1 Like

i think if the odds were changed for a certain days devs would certainly boast a banner about it!
but its still a cool idea, post it on featur requests :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So, after several months and several hundreds of tasks completed, we now have a decent sample to make some statistics.
And it seems that the gods of RNG are not with us, our percentage of mythics being tremendously low.
We also seem to get really a lot of minors currently.
Anyone else has stats to share so that we can compare and see if our results are consistent?

Of course the “Event keys x 2” in table 2 should be read “Event keys x 2 or 3”.

4 Likes

Your tables add up to 114%, 83%, and 116%

1 Like

Table 1 should be removed, and we should get 2 rewards from table 2 and 1 from table 3.
Rewards are very underwhelming.
We are yet to recieve a mythic from legendary task, and we do 7-10 every week.

3 Likes

Thanks for telling me. It is corrected.

1 Like

I agree. The rewards could be better.
So you are as unlucky as us obviously.

1 Like

could we please get runics instead of minors? And while we are on it, can we get runics (one of each color) rather than the keys from glory packs (the troops)

2 Likes

I would have thought MM would have at least scored a couple of Draakulis by now from legendary tasks!

I wouldnt mind even draak. Few members are missing that bad boy, so i would be very happy if they got it through that way :slight_smile:
And he got a buff so he is quite nice now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’ve gotten 2 so far: Death and War.

Lucky to have gotten two, unlucky that it wasn’t one of the 6 I still need.

2 Likes

I dont know what table 2 event keys is on… but it needs to GO!
333,333 gold for 2 event keys… is just insulting… :rage:

1 Like

Where is a link of what reward is from what table? I’ve been keeping track of legendary tasks for Dragon’s Peak, and I could probably break it down like this if I could correlate.

1 Like