[Known Issue] Bans for Everyone?

That sucks. Sorry for you guys.
Check your ticket and maybe just add a message to it. Hopefully that will help.

Not being able to play the event, especially if it’s not just one but several players, is really terrible.

Yeah, I “only” lost about 20h, maybe 12h or so that I would have been awake and able to claim tributes. That’s about 300 gems as I get 25 on average per tribute. Several days is just…

I hope they come up with a really good compensation, and maybe will add something for players affected as much as you are.

I’m out of town at work over the holidays, not seeing any family or friends. But I wanted to play some Gems of War and “celebrate” with my guild instead. Didn’t happen thanks to being banned …

Instead you got a Krinklemess…

Keeping my fingers crossed that you all get unbanned soon and at least some good compensation - even though that can’t really make up for a sucky Christmas.

1 Like

server is down for me

1 Like

Even 10.000 gems wouldn’t be enough by now.

You can claim 2000 gems in 3 days if you’re a higher level and play much. Plus millions of gold, 10.000s of XP. Also 10.000s of honour. Not to mention stuff from adventure boards, daily delves, daily dungeons, world event or Christmas event. We missed lots of pets, especially the special pet on Saturday, the free gift on Sunday and some of us even paid for kingdom pass or extra battles during the event which we’re not able to complete now. And probably even more that we’re missing.

2 Likes

Some of us do 300 trophies a day, some 500. Others 1500 and some up to 3000 in one day. So it’s basic mathematical knowledge to figure out what we’ve been missing just by not doing explore run sessions. Next to regular stuff.

Ive said this before but if wed have read the third trait more closely this would have never happened.
f2e54110cc449c11aad6a9ffce14f1e862d69611_2_690x345_kindlephoto-132808182

3 Likes

My patience is limited, if I miss an another event…I quit this game. At least, i’ll save money

I’m back
And better than ever
Got a knack
For making things better :sunglasses:

4 Likes

For example, go through the tasks of the company, and do not get a reward because it is closed?

Just got unbanned, It seems that support team was on “red alert” mode after the ban bug.

However, it seems i lost all my krinklemas event cristals

1 Like

I am still curious for the technical explanation of what happened … or rather how a problem this obvious and this severe made it through alpha/beta.

I can think of only a few plausibilities:

• Clientside vs. server updates are likely distinct development branches, and not all dependencies were properly tested during alpha? (which still sucks, but let’s keep the speculation simple)
  • Maybe the beta servers (if they are distinct from the live/release servers) didn’t have automatic hack-detecting bans enabled (because beta is limited to a smaller pool of to-certain-degree “trusted” users), thus making it legitimately impossible to discover during beta? This would still be poor design because the whole point of beta is to mirror the release environment in every detail possible (other than sheer scale).
  • Since there seems to be a latency between the suspected cause (using Kris Krinkle in battle) and the actual bans, depending on the length of the beta period maybe the bans did occur but not in enough time to get reported before release?
3 Likes

I would imagine it is #2 that the beta server does not have hack checking enabled.

What’s more surprising to me is that how did thousands of accounts got banned where according to their official documentation every ban decision needs at least two human approving it? So, they are understaffed during the holidays but have enough staff to review thousand of bans? And even worse approve although they should be obviously incorrect?

Don’t get me wrong. I am glad for them jumping in and lifting the bans asap (if you consider 2 days as asap), however this is a clear indication and proof that they are lying on this topic, they do auto-bans and who knows which of the previous bans were properly audited? This to me, is the most scariest part.

6 Likes

the best bet is to now undo ALL bans ever imposed. the cheaters that were rightfully banned will be long gone and the ones that derserve to be banned will be banned again soon enough.

I assume manual ban approval is the usual process, and they figured they could duck out and let the tool handle it for a couple weeks with minimal false positives. It probably would have been fine, it just coincided with the biggest coding disaster in the game’s history.

4 Likes

Regardless does not justify them explicitly lying, all the secrecy, and suppression behind their bans and the overall process.

Previously, I was teaming up with them believing the fact that if they do have 2 people reviewing the bans, there is a very little chance that it would be given unjustly. Now, I fear for my activity.

7 Likes

Should have just whitelisted the troop in the code. Then there wouldn’t have been this mess. Continuous oversights lead to nothing but crickets. Devs need to be more aware if they still want a paycheck. Going by what I’ve seen over the last year, this will take some time to totally rectify, and don’t expect everything to be reinstated fully. Just m.o.

2 Likes

When will the guild trophies be restored correctly? Until today our guild still hasn’t received all of our trophies back that have been taken from us?

1 Like

They should have been already!

I’ve just checked and I have a ticket or 2 from your Guild about missing Trophies so I will have a look tomorrow to make sure they’re corrected for your Guild.

Also I will check if the other Guilds got their Trophies back correctly as well.

3 Likes