[Known Issue] Bans for Everyone?

Any ideas, how much time will it take to restore a wrongfully banned account?
Several members of our guild are already banned. They claim they haven’t done anything wrong and just played normally. Lots of us are nervous as we don’t know what is causing this ban wave and we feel that everyone is under threat.
This situation is frustrating enough by itself, but happening during a gold dump week… Let’s just say I’m not a native speaker, so my vocabulary is not enough to express my emotions.

And I’ve got a request: can someone please share their ban appeal text so I can help my guildmates to make a correct appeal? (Hope I won’t need it myself)

2 Likes

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hi Guys,

Just jumping in here.

We have a few poeple who put their hands up to help out with any emergencies (like this) during the time the office is close for the holidays + new years.

I’ve let them know about this issue, so we can try find what caused the issue to fix it, as well as unban any accounts that got affected incorrectly.

Unfortunately I don’t have an ETA for when this may happen.

I will share an update once I know more.

23 Likes

Hey!

That’s a relief to at least know that you guys are aware.

Hope we can all get unbanned soon. I need to help my guild and get my stuff done. :wink:

Thanks for checking in on us.

I have been banned today affected by the bug. I tested a hero, double Krinkle and Tiry team several times to get 20 maps per battle (already having 46,000+).

But my real fear comes from another fact. With the release of the new orbs, I finally decided to play my vault keys (11,000 saved for years in a legit way). I have used 2,000 in a week with a ton of cool resources from them…

Devs, keep an eye on me, the 3rd top player on PS4 and when you see my numbers remember I am just an addict, not a hacker. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Hey Adventurers,

We are temporarily changing Kris Krinkle’s spell to no longer give Treasure Maps, as we believe this may be related to some accounts being incorrectly banned. (We cannot be sure until the team has had a chance to investigate but we hope this may prevent further accounts from being incorrectly banned).

I’m also going to start jumping in to try and unban some accounts of players who have contacted our support team. Please be patient, and make sure you, or anyone you may know who’s account has been banned, contacts our support team.

23 Likes

So those who are banned will have to wait for 10 days until the team is back. So we are going to miss 10 days of rewards, new troops, etc, and the campaign.

Whoa…!

That’s exactly what I was wondering about. Are the devs going to extend the event for those that got unfairly banned for their mistake that players had no idea about and had no idea they had to account for?

~LD

Hello Devs my Account just got banned im on xbox one im not happy at all i hope this will get fixed as soon as possible thank you.

Everyone needs to write a ticket. Not just post here. That won’t get you seen.

Hope all of our accounts will get fixed soon.

9 Likes

Just woke up and was able to log in :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:. I will state I was one of the first to submit a ticket yesterday. Mere hours after the devs locked up Friday night. Thank you for working quickly to fix this for everyone. I am still seeing same Flavor text on Kris Krinkle currently but I ain’t touching it again. Lol. Hopefully the unjustly banished will be back soon too, my guild is missing nearly 500,000 trophies :exploding_head:. I have no doubt in time those will be restored too, for now I’m just happy to be back on the nice list

11 Likes

A little holiday cheer to accompany the ludicrous happenings!

A week or so ago
I got this brand new guy,
And soon his mustached face
Was on my winning side!
He buffed up all my troops
I cast his spell a lot;
And then just now when I logged in
I’d been banned by a bot!

Oh, Krinkle bans, Krinkle bans,
“Hacking” all the way!
Oh what fun I’d like to have
But I can’t even play. (Hey!)

Krinkle bans, Krinkle bans
There is just no way
That all of us are hacking
So just reinstate today!

7 Likes

that’s gonna hurt Tyrion i hope your guild gets the 500k trophies back

1 Like

Kris Krinkle changes are now live. You may need to restart your game to get it.

12 Likes

Are you saying that the “bans” are fixed?

Troop is fixed and wont produce more bans (sure?) but banned accounts are a different story… My ticket is already sent. Fingers crossed.

reset ALL bans for 2023. those who cheated will be long gone any way

Still Banned on the PS4 :woozy_face:

bans will take some time to work through

I emphatically disagree, and believe you should edit out that advice. They should do both. Because Nimhain (tagged “Gems of War Dev”) stated the were working on this well before xxSCOUTTANKxx announced getting banned. If victims only posted tickets, nobody would know about the issue at all.

2 Likes