Knight Time

Leave it to an imp to cause a fun bug like that, like the enemy troop put on a mask.

3 Likes

I already faced a 4x Queen Is-a-belle team and whupped 'em with my normal invade team no problem. Next!

Pretty nice update, there. In terms of Arena, the Innkeeper looks at least pretty decent, and potentially really good in some cases, while the Dragon Knight is the kind of counterpoint to the OP dragon RNG combos we need to rebalance the game mode a bit. It looks really cool.

(By the way, are we getting any closer to fixing the Transform mechanic bug which spawns troops with active Traits in Arena?

I didn’t get to play many runs lately, but I also didn’t see any update on the topic recently, so I can’t be too sure either way…)

I also like the art a lot overall, with special mention to Queen Ysabelle. She might have suffered a rather severe injury to her left hand’s thumb, from the looks of it, but it fits the strong knight who happens to be a female vibe she projects, for the most part. Beautiful without being either a bimbo or a bearded dwarf, that’s pretty nice to see. Of course, there’s still the armor boobs cliché, but oh well. Baby steps. =)

Thanks for that! Appreciated. =)

1 Like

@Sirrian @Nimhain I can confirm @DonBoba’s reported bug … there is a glitch with transformed troop’s being active after the wraith dies. For example in the 4x Yesabel deck I transformed and then killed two of the three but the forth was still gaining 8 armor a turn. And again I am player against a sorcerer I transformed with dark channel and inscribed still proc’ing. This is ghost training and not a full ghost troop. Does not prevent a win.

I apologize that the traits are a little faint. Mistimed the screen grab.

1 Like

She looks like an armored Princess Peach which… is actually pretty cool.

1 Like

Take it from someone who worn platemail, I’d want the “boob-holders” if I were a woman.

The chaffing…

1 Like

No. They would direct the force of all blows right to the sternum. Metal cups would literally murder the wearer in a fight.

Luckily, in this case they’re clearly decorative/ornamental.

4 Likes

If struck directly in the chest, sure, but that was usually lethal anyways. Plate armor is practically useless against anything pointed and was mainly a show of wealth.

1 Like

Armor was mostly useful for deflecting away the glancing blows that would have resulted in a small cut or scratch that would kill you from infection. It was never good against direct blows.

The cups of “boob-plate” funnel blows into the center of the chestplate, while simultaneously weakening that point. Both of these feature result in changing a glancing blow that would have resulted in a death-by-infection scratch (with no armor) into a lethal direct hit.

Example of a woman in practical armor:

5 Likes

What you don’t see underneath is the accommodation made for a woman’s chest in real armor.

How it is portrayed in art is completely impractical and dangerous for the reasons stated

swords (and other weaponry of such sort) are rarely used in the world of krystara so i am sure the armor shape doesnt bother her
at least not as much as the magic used commonly here during the combat

I think it’s time for you to just admit you don’t know WTF you’re talking about. Your #1 point appears to be that “metal cups are great because they are more comfortable than any alternative” & this is a laughably ridiculous claim.

Stop.

The troop’s costume is obviously ornamental, it’s obviously not intended to be practical, so it’s a moot point anyhow.

2 Likes

Oh dear. Someone’s feeding Talia. Goes and grabs some popcorn

1 Like

As usual, it’s just someone taking what I say and trying to start a fight, hoping I’ll get myself banned.

Why else do you think I rarely come here anymore? Not even worth it to troll anymore.

1 Like

Another thread muted because of this …

Agreed. =)

No thanks.

No, as usual, it’s you making ridiculous claims on topics you neither know well nor care about, in hopes to trigger genuine posters’ buttons and/or to grab the attention you so desperately crave.

You come here rarely, now? Rrrright. You and your buddies are absolutely everywhere on this forum. Take it from someone who actually don’t come here often anymore. In parts because of childish attention-grabbing spammer/trolls and the lax moderation they benefit from, indeed.

Yup.

2 Likes

back to the original topic

i think giving us two aoe attack :crossed_swords: buffing troops (innkeeper + ysabelle) is pretty cool , maybe there is not enough of troops that would synergise with them best but hopefully in future there will be more :wink:

also the imp bundle :jack_o_lantern:, im loving it for the sake of traiting my sorcerer… actually got in trouble deciding do i want to trait sorcerer or humility or to hoard glory for the next week…?:scream:

edit: on the side note that innkeeper made me feel like Gar’nok got totally trolled over now

It was never worth it… please do lose interest… the period of mourning will be brief…

Well, yes… though I don’t think anyone gives a care for Gar’Nok anyway - but suffering by comparison to a common troop is a fitting epitaph…

3 Likes

take a breather, think of the kids. Women weren’t supposed to be in the fights anyways. See where it got Jeanne d’Arc.

Gar’nok is the only summoner i care about to get buffed xD comes from my beginner times when i got him as my second legendary , and a first legendary that i put my hopes in - leveled- and got disappointed…