Journey now unplayable at higher levels

It legit blows my mind people are earnestly arguing that the pathfinder troops somehow break the game or are unfair in certain modes, when we have goblins, hourglass gem generators, and troops like Diamantina, Zuul, skull teams etc. I know I’ve posted this before, but since no one has explained this “logic”, I will continue to do so. The only reason people can possibly think Journey troops specifically are unfair is because lower levels can use them. They are not harder to beat than any other looping or op team, lol.

14 Likes

You are right there are many powerful troops in the game, BUT the big difference is - you can take out those other teams - even ones with Diamantina, Ctharasque etc. You actually stand a chance. But the problem with the Looping Journey troops is that once you got dealt a rather bad start board, they would start looping immediately and continue non-stop - not even giving you a chance to try an stop them. THAT is the big difference, and what messed up PVP and GW.

4 Likes

The other thing I came to say is I will only be able to do half the Journey points that I normally used to do, from what I see. Getting killed several times already, and it is only Tuesday. They need to adjust the scoring please.

1 Like

I disagree and find journey loopers much less annoying than teams that can wipe you out entirely in a few turns. Use snap freeze plus some other troop like leprechaun or a weapon like wand of stars, plus the AI often stops looping anyway due to making bad choices. There are other troops that are way worse. Such as goblins, that loop longer as they all get an extra turn and have other stuff like silence, summon, devour etc, hourglass teams, spirit gem teams, trick and treat, various skull bombers and so on. You can also beat journey teams most of the time by just using a journey team yourself, so targetting these specifically is nonsense imo shrug

5 Likes

Biggest issue is that players will fork out money for the next “shiny” thing with no guarantee that it will not be another bait and switch item that “needs” rebalancing.

I don’t understand why they could not just leave the old troops alone. They haven’t broken the game for such a long time, they wouldn’t break it now.

Upcoming monetized PVP features, maybe? Must have something to do with $$$. The times when the company came across as :heart_eyes: regarding their game and not :money_mouth_face: are long gone, and no amount of telling us it’s “fun” and “balanced” will change that.

8 Likes

No. The issue is not that. At least not for a good number of us. The issue is the nerf makes the journey troop a liability INSIDE the journey event.

I’m one of those people who would hardly use any of the journey troops outside of their event. And, on the handful of occasions where event restrictions left me no good choice other than building around a journey troop, it irritated me. Because nothing is fun, to me, about clicking the same card 500 times in a row.

I, for one, am not ticked off that they nerfed the journey troops. I’m ticked off that they didn’t bother to address the underlying problem with the event that led them to create these boring arse troops to begin with. So the timeline has been… 1) Hey look new journey event. 2) Oops apparently the scoring will not work out without endless looping. 3) Hey! We deciding to make the event troops endless loopers, problem somewhat solved! 4) Oops apparently the journey troops are breaking the rest of the game. Gotta nerf em.

Nerfing OP stuff is a fact of game life. However, they should have changed/fixed the journey event BEFORE tackling the troop issue. It waited this long.

20 Likes

Most likely this gets misinterpreted into “in 2-3 years is also fine, mate”.

but, gotta admit, must be a nice, comfortable big office in which they … “work”, making it easy to avoid other people. also internal communication devices seemingly don’t exist or don’t get used. mail still delivered by national animal?

seriously, this is a farce… Another very sad week for the players.

edit:
hahahaha now the topic got (temporarily?) closed.

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 12 hours.

just a test, if it works, lol

1 Like

It is only day 2, but its very safe to say the level reduction to boss battles is not enough.

It’ll be fine for “this event” due to some key troops, but by no means will that hold for “next event” and there’s no futureproofing of any kind for future events.

Spoilers for next event:

Summary

Since the next pathfinder is a Green/Yellow Elemental/Wargare making Purple Gems based on Wargares, neither Green Wargare nor Yellow Wargare subclasses are what would be considered a good experience of any kind and there’s a grand total of 3 Green/Purple Wargares and 5 Yellow/Purple Wargares.

It’s not like Todd is viable either at 10 gem creation.

The troop pool is a big red flag here barring major changes.

7 Likes

Depending on the key type, those who need a looper will have access to gobtruffle

thank you for removing abusive posters

4 Likes

Based on the color/type of the Pathfinder, the spell of the Pathfinder, and the Glory Shop troop for the week? I believe it’s reasonable to assume that the restriction is Green/Wargare. (Again.)

purple/wargare
however, that nerf to pathfinders was just another slap in the face, you just have to put them into the team like you have to do in ToD with the doomed rings.
if anyone still thinks, this change from devs was about how OP the pathfinders were and not about game economy/monetization, then i can’t help that one.

8 Likes

its not rings any more but polearms

Doomed Voulge
Deal [Magic + 3] damage to the first 2 Enemies, +2 per Tempering level. Create 2 Purple Gems for each Purple Ally and Enemy. If the Enemy has a Doom, gain a random Status Effect. [2x]

take with a pinch of salt spoilers can and have changed in the past

1 Like

i know and the new ones are better, i can see some use

1 Like

That’s 16 purple gems for an aligned purple day GW defense team. Nerf incoming in two years? :thinking:

8 Likes

if your def team is also pure purple, but fully agree for pvp

Wish refunds for pathfinder troops will also refund elite level medals upgrades. Souls and traitstones are nothing compared to those who have heavily invested in journey troops elite levels!!!

2 Likes