Journey now unplayable at higher levels

What’s worse than ignoring feedback? Demonstrating that it doesn’t matter in any way by removing it from the feedback section.

Thank you for wrecking the Journey event in the most thorough way possible:

– Pathfinder now useless, kills own team at higher levels: :white_check_mark:
– Pathfinder still has to be lugged along for scoring purposes, blocking a team spot: :white_check_mark:
– Scoring rules now tailored to always cost players up to half their miles each battle: :white_check_mark:
– Full participation cost increased from tier 5 to tier 7, requiring all guild members to spend at least 850 extra gems to complete rewards :white_check_mark:

Special thanks to the Customer Experience Team, for hiding as long as possible that the Journey event would be made even more unplayable than predicted.

48 Likes

I’m spending less on Journey events from now on. Just enough to get the new troop once. Next journey will be the first event ever we’re probably not going to finish at all …

2 Likes

the ironic thing is… they are at work right now. but radio science here.

7 Likes

Doesn’t this sound kinda like recent iterations of the Tower of Doom, only with a Pathfinder “troop” instead of nerf’ing the Hero by forcing him/her into a specific (useless) weapon?

Alas for us players, Tower of Doom was a lot easier. The troop restrictions were milder, and the difficulty of enemies capped itself at a much lower point. And while the scoring was also miserly, we didn’t have to deal with the penalties for long battles that we will here.

Thanks, devs. (/sarcasm) Personally, I don’t object to weakening the Pathfinders as strongly as most of the rest of the forums crowd. But I’d like to see the scoring re-configured to make sense and not slaughter the playerbase.

3 Likes

So just pretend that the journey troops stopped at deathclaw.

And build a team properly.

The only thing that’s actually happened is, the Devs have made it harder to play, instead of a one finger one troop win now.

Now we have to think, and play properly.

Way to much overhype, all because the journey troops from now on, won’t be usable outside journey.
And the lower level players , will have to wait to get better troops.

It’s just all positive to me.

The main issue that comes from this is it will take significantly more time and gems to do the event. The journey troop nerfs would be fine, but journey as an event will now all but require everyone in a guild to buy tier 6 from the shop, and that is an unreasonable entry fee for many people. Journey already took the longest actual time to complete, and it will now only take longer. Say what you want about the troops, but this makes an event that most people found unbearable and makes it even worse in multiple ways.

15 Likes

I’d love to sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch the fun. Unfortunately I’m part of a guild that has never missed completing an event reward.

Next week could just be the first.

1 Like

we have just decided to make this our “lazy” week… hold back gems for world evet

1 Like

Oh decisions. Play journey and waste lots of time and gems for some lame rewards. Or play explore 12 for free, get more trophies, actually help your guild and earn lots of medals to upgrade your troops which also helps you and your guild …

3 Likes

I think the biggest thing is that ToD caps at Floor 25 for difficulty/health levels. (capped as you said)

It goes on even longer in Journey which isn’t great.

3 Likes

it would be nice to have the scrolls go up to floor 50 now to encourage more of the guild to push past 25

1 Like

You got it all wrong.
The changes are clearly designed to make the matches more … starting fake enthusiasm … “fun”.
Yes Sirr

Must be it.

9 Likes

So literally all that needs to be done to fix this is to eliminate the scoring rules that reduce miles even if you win the battle. Simple.

7 Likes

That would be a great start, and would make the event bearable again, but ideally the score requirements would come down a bit too, since it already took an unnecessary amount of time to actually do the needed fights.

3 Likes

Catching up on all the feedback still but just wanted to pop in:

First of all, I communicated the information I had:

• The team was reviewing the Journey event inline with the pathfinder changes
  • As soon as we had details about what those changes were we published them to the blog

For the Pathfinder Troops, while the changes are predicted to restrict looping ability, the idea is that maybe you can still loop your turn 3-5 times in a row, you won’t be able to loop it 25 times. So the idea is to still allow the Pathfinder to loop, just not so much that if you find a Pathfinder on an opponent’s team you’re not just sitting in the battle watching your team get beat up with the opponent looping its turns.

Small changes can have a big effect in the game, so I know it doesn’t seem like the 2 level difference will make much difference right now, but let’s just give it a shot and see how it goes and as I’ve mentioned last week, we monitor all changes to ensure it’s going how it was predicted to go, if it’s not right, we’ll tweak again for the next Journey Event.

This is just one Journey event, let’s all play it, see how this affects guilds, because it is a guild event, not an individual one. We’ll be watching the data, we’ll be reading the feedback and I’ll circle back round with the team towards the end of the event and after it’s over to discuss how things went.

8 Likes

It’s not correct. Creating 10 gems will most likely fail to loop instead of what you said looping 3-5 times. And at high level journey, leaving a board of 10 gems created will be very bad. The journey troop will be like bounty troop in the future: never gets used but has to stay on the team

28 Likes

The main issue with limiting the gem creation is that at later levels, as soon as you miss ONE extra turn, the enemy will go buck wild with 4-matches, typically filling multiple troops and possibly killing one of yours (which ALSO loses you points in the event). This makes it WAY more of a risk to even attempt the extra turn, effectively making the troop a liability instead of helpful.

The 2 level difference will make a noticeable impact, but its not enough to save us from all the points we will lose to taking too long and losing troops thanks to the loops failing.

Journey was already the event that required the highest buy-in for guilds and these changes mean the buy-in WILL be greater, since the chances of losing points have drastically gone up. PLEASE have the team ready to lower the point thresholds when they realize on saturday that most people are having to spend WAY more gems than previously just to have a hope of getting any decent rewards.

23 Likes

Brought to us by the same fine folks who literally said “we know we’ve all had fun with the gem dragons”, and who made clear their belief that we deserve to be actively punished in PvP and GAPs for daring to progress in their game.

14 Likes

As sane logical players, I don’t think most of us want to suffer a full week of bad gameplay just for the devs to figure it out.

The pathfinders were double nerfed: a mana increase and efficiency decrease. If Small changes can have a big effect, wouldn’t implementing 2 at once have a bigger effect than expected?

If the deadweight journey troop can be double nerfed, why not include a safety net where Stage requirements are lowered and/or miles penalties are reduced for longer battles (and/or increasing the max turn requirement before points are deducted, as a band-aid) as a counterbalance?

26 Likes

We were officially recognized as testers…

28 Likes