Journey now unplayable at higher levels

My 2 cents…

The game is already hostile towards newer players. I’m sure the drop off rate of players is incredibly high on all platforms. As a GM of a guild, I see level 20s join my guild, and are dormant accounts by level 30. It’s rough on starting players - and that’s a terrible business model for a free game that relies on microtransactions.

The nerfing of troops that gave newer players a starting point, albeit they’d have to slog out to level 50ish to even get in position to be able to get a loopy enough team to beat basic content, but these troops offered a slow, but safe and consistent, path for players to get towards the later game. These aren’t teams that played well in defense, but when controlled by a player could usually get by tougher content and give incentive to continue playing.

The nerf of 15 max gems created to 10 max for troops like Chalcedony, Todd Greenword, Egris etc means the teams just simply don’t loop much… the 33% nerf on creation is a reality of a 60% nerf in loopability. The troops are dead and now just fodder for collections - and with so many invested heavily into them by new to mid range casual players, the devs have ostracized more than half the community.

It’s a terrible move. If it’s not rectified quickly, it could but a nail in a coffin for this title… sad too, coz it’s a really good time waste game :slight_smile:

16 Likes

That’s why it says “used to be”.

4 Likes

You guys have a very weird sense of what’s fun.

Fun to get duplicate dragons over and over again.

Fun to be overburdened with events and then you make the most tedious one even worse.

Oh, BTW, I’m already starting to lose miles on day one because your idea doesn’t work.

22 Likes

This statement was already hard to agree to, when it was made in August in the announcement.
Thank you a lot for further “improving” the least popular event.

9 Likes

While the journey troops were admittedly marmite outside of the event it actually made a change for troops to be released which were actually useful. Now not only are these much less useful but we now have 3 events where we are forced to use stuff just for points which is not a good enough reason. Bounty, ToD and now Journey as loop potential at high levels is likely too risky. This is such a negative move and as said double nerfing the troops is just ridiculous. Given you just released a new kingdom you could very easily have made that a counter to them but that should have involved thought.

11 Likes

Can’t they just make it so the Journey points scale up as you go to higher levels? Instead of more fiddling with troops just changing Journey scoring will help.

9 Likes

While we have kind of gotten used to it, the concept of having enforced shop purchases in the first place is still one, that worries me when thinking of it. Not an issue for longterm players, who have their stable gem incomes, but a new player might even be concerned about the minimum shop 2 purchase necessary to get the troop for point bonus.
The difference is quite a bit more than just the sigils for those events.

2 Likes

They’ve got goblin teams, always had goblin teams.

The complaints are all because, journey will take longer, and the journey troops now can’t be used in.

Underspire
PvP
Raid
Doom
Guild wars.

That’s why everyone is really complaining.

So blame any guild mate, whoever told a newbie to use a journey troop team outside of journey.

It’s all your own fault :joy::joy:

1 Like

Build a better team.

I’m sure

Honest rob
Tacet
Sinnycool

Can help you all later.

Not only the journey is broken. Pathfinder troops was the best choice for new players in hard events. It was the only one possibility for beginners to play hard events on higher levels.
Worst update ever…

4 Likes

They can’t, because that would first require our feedback to reach them. If you check the feedback from last week, you’ll notice that the Customer Experience Team doesn’t even acknowledge it as feedback. It’s been moved to spoilers, which is just considered fun talk among players the real devs will never hear about. As it stands right now, the rework is officially a huge success that has players celebrating on the streets.

12 Likes

From what I remember, the rule of thumb applied was, that 10% positive (or non-negative) individual users count as overwhelmingly positive, 1-5% as mixed and <1% as sock puppet flooding.

2 Likes

I look forward to the incoming goblin nerf then seeing as those little so and so’s have been doing this for years. :clap:

4 Likes

New players have to earn there stripes.

The game and guild event rewards, shouldn’t be easy for new players.

It wasn’t before the journey troops came out.

Goblins don’t have 59% start.

And always been around, the journey troops were broken, in the players favour.

You come across as bizzarely obsessed with how people play single player modes that have zero impact on your experience of the game. “Earn there stripes”, no body has to prove anything to you.

14 Likes

this could have been such an easy fix, reduce the gems created like they have but make it tied to magic, double magic like other event captains like other events. suppose thats too easy though eh. they need a convoluted way to show progress.

7 Likes

Groundbreaking idea:
exclude pathfinders from enemy teams

Even this:
put enemy pathfinder into pos4 without enemy team having the chance of initiating pos changes and put same coloured troops in front of pathfinder

May I ask for a honest answer: When something around here gets described as “fun” by “officials”, does it always include and mean “trying to diminish the gem stashes of the players further to eventually fomo-bait them into buying gem packs or (headstart/any) offers”?
Especially tricky, so short before the event, but I guess also that is the intended way? Many won’t go the hard way to possibly get a refund if they bought into this.
Hopefully everyone knows about this handling of events and people will be educated enough and know better for next journey event as to throw real money away. But, I guess, some whales will still be whales then.

I further hope my comment doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings and isn’t again viewed as “callout, combative behaviour, trolling, etc” … “to shut me up” because I know you guys love to put my account into vacation time.

13 Likes

So, trigger happy complaining people - have you looked at the current leaderboard to see how many battles are needed (on average) to reach the average score-per-guild-member to complete the event?
10 500 per person
There’s a person on LB at the moment - 90 battles, 10 614 points. T4. Another person - 83 battles - 10 563. Still T4.

The last Journey event had a minimum score per person required at 12 167 points, and a minimum buy-in per person at T5.
The points don’t scale up, and I hate the reduction of miles myself. But we actually seem to need fewer battles than before, not more. And the difficulty level increases slower than it did in the last Journey.
It’s not T0, or T2. But it’s definitely not T7 that was mentioned somewhere above.

1 Like

create alt accounts :wink: