Is this the worst all faction team yet?

So basically…

(For me anyway)
The :100: Faction Assault was only doable by getting the AI weak enough that I could allow it to do skull damage over and over without being a threat.
Without Dementicore… This delve would of been a nightmare. Instead it felt like I was playing a slot machine rather than a match 3 game. The balance of GoW’s RNG is not it’s strongest trait… The Lair shows how flawed and streaky the RNG tends to be.

I feel like it’s as close as we’ll ever get to an actual Krystara’s Koliseum. Since basically an all Faction team was just AI vs AI. All the player did was match some gems and hit the cast button. Then the AI decided who would win the match. Fun :roll_eyes:

Like I’ve said on numerous other threads where I criticize the delve… Everything else about the delve was fun. The colors were great, the banner is great, the layout is great…I even hear that the story was great. But the Faction troops design… Just :person_facepalming:… That’s all I can say right now.

4 Likes

You said before the delve was released you wouldn’t be trying even for 500 pure faction. Edit:

You literally said, awryan, that the only way to generate change is to not waste gems on it, but now you say you bought Tier 7 10 times? That’s 3,350 gems you spent on this event. Way to send a message man.

Thanks for the correction IdleOne on cost :wink:

9 Likes

During faction events, tier 7 is only 200 gems.

30,60,120,200,300,400, 200 repeated

He’s only spent 3,110 gems.

Him sending a message is another story. Not my part to take place in.

(For what its worth, I think Tier 7s during faction events are actually pretty good value provided you use up the sigils.)

2 Likes

Yep.
And I already came out about my reasoning for changing.

The whole article is here.

More than even you. I tried my best to point out how pure shit this delve was going to be. Ultimately when it comes to the devs and delves… I’ve given up. And I simply said here’s my gems… because that’s all they care about these days anyways.

2 Likes

And originally I bought Tier 4.
Then unfortunately I won with an all Faction team at level 100 and figured out how winnable the delve was.
I think the map layout was the biggest decider for me. Knowing I could do a skull spam team without going through a level 5 difficulty summon room was basically the deal breaker. So though only a minor change to a troop was made. The lair being the only Faction that can be completed without going through a level 5 room and still be 4 rooms or less? When 4 rooms are required to do a full Faction run… ultimately convinced me to take all the shit for being a hypocrite. (Primal Rift used to have that but “fixed it”)

3 Likes

I don’t think a good delve is one that can only be won by purchasing obscene amounts of stats (in this case, +70 to all stats for yours) and having potions for other things (bless, barrier, explosions for mana generation, etc.). Not to mention that with all the stat increases, you also get 25% armor reduction from potions, which pairs well with the 20% dodge on Dementicore.

I bought Tier 4 just like you. That’s all I bought. I have 2100 gems, so I could do more, but not going to. Oh well.

2 Likes

No one is disputing that opinion. Certainly not me.
It just joins the other shit delves that are still winnable.
I haven’t spent money on the game since 4.7 was released and I had 15k gems after I did Tier 4… So I literally just said Frank it. And basically came to terms with the fact that I’m clearly addicted to GoW… because no one can possibly judge me more than I judge myself… And I hate being a hypocrite. All I can do moving forward is to not make bold statements like not doing a Faction… because ultimately… When it comes to things like addiction… It’s a lose/lose…
And before people getting a tizzy…I don’t think it’s an addiction like drugs or gambling…but certainly one like social media or soda pop… An acceptable addiction in the general populace… But still a harmful one.

2 Likes

If you’re an endgamer with all or most kingdoms maxed you should be able to save up 3k gems every month by collecting tribute as many times as possible and all the other income sources as long as you don’t go too crazy on other events or pets or whatever. Once I realized this I stopped feeling bad about spending gems on factions.

I’m not trying to justify the gem cost that some delves require just saying it’s affordable for active endgamers…for now. Who knows though with the new events on the horizon.

My problem with delves currently is not the gems or gold required, it’s the time required that I hate the most. Easily fixed by increasing each delve level by 20 instead of 10 and having shop tiers give half the sigils to compensate.

6 Likes

As far as I know, the player base for the game has only increased over time so there’s little incentive for the devs/publisher to not implement content like this.

…I’m totally part of the problem.

1 Like

this faction su**s. Too much random kill the game. Impossible to do this pure 500. RNG never let me stole attack. Im bored.

1 Like

That was some crazy high attack stats you got there. :thinking:

[6845,6845,6844,6847,3070,2,2,1,2,3,1,0,14030] (Tacet’s Team that he used to complete it)

Purchased 7 Potions of Power.

The amount of luck still required to get this done is mind boggling.
I really want the Devs to play this and see that frustrating and irritating content does not equal fun.

7 Likes

I figured I would try an all-faction run at 500 before weighing in here.

Have now done that nine or ten times. This faction sucks, for exactly the reasons outlined above. Having four spells you can’t rely on is absurd and no fun.

I am done with this garbage. Not spending multiple sigils from my last Tier VII purchase. Whoever designed this should play it at 500, buying potions of power every three attempts, until they succeed.

Edit: came back after a breather just to try twice more. The results did not change my opinion of this faction. If anything, they further entrenched them.

15 Likes

It’s not so much insanely good luck, it’s avoiding Baaaaaad luck. I cast demnticore 14 times before I got a successful steal attack in the first room. That can’t be helped and would break and delve run.

Oh, and guildmate beat last room with one dementicore, which is good luck.

Except I chose not to hide under the radar. And explained my thought process. Not as an as excuse, but to admit fault that I couldn’t keep to my plan.

It’s unfortunate that you can’t believe someone on the internet. You poor thing.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. The all faction team turned out to be the steaming garbage pile I had anticipated. I indicated in a previous thread that I was debating between making this my new farming faction and forgoing the angst or purchasing just enough Sigils to complete it with a standard team. I chose the latter. I did an all faction run at Level 200 which I completed but the extreme RNG nonsense left me wondering why I would flagellate myself that way :laughing:. I completed the rest of the event with a standard team and was left with 2 Sigils. I took a stab at a 500 all faction run. The two debacles that ensued completely reinforced my desire to just turn away and let this one go. I refuse to throw a ton of gems and a ton of time at this RNG calamity.
I am actually thrilled to see that some players were able to complete it. But as I stated in the other thread - some RNG is fine, an elevated level of RNG is annoying but digestible, but the level of RNG in this event is just too toxic for me. It’s just not worth the frustration.
For those players that did complete it with an all faction team, I totally tip my hat to you all. Congrats!!!

4 Likes

Bloody hell I’m sick of this streaky rng. Bought 8 potion of powers too. But I can’t waste my time on that.

3 Likes

Another devtrocity
They ask for constructive criticism but there is not a thing to build on, was poorly thought out on every level
Only thing that can be said, is do better and be smarter
It seems more like an elaborate long term prank than a video game more often lately

3 Likes

Does ‘Reduce all enemy stats by 5% per 10k renown whilst using a faction delve team in a delve’ count as constructive criticism?

A year from now, when some have 80k renown, that would give the boss room -200 health and shield, perhaps making even the worst designed factions seviceable.

Just saying. Again. Hashtag Pet Battles In Explore. Don’t give up the fight. No retreat/No surrender. If I can change, and you can change…

3 Likes

It’s not the high enemy stats
It’s the troop design
It’s like RNG meets the movie Inception
RNG inside RNG inside RNG
Apparently they need stricter drug testing in this company🤪

1 Like