Is this the worst all faction team yet?

Basically any delve can get to 2500 if you buy enough potions and basically game genie the game.
That’s what the devs seem to fail to understand.
If game genie is required to beat your game then you have a shit game.
To be fair though…GoW is great in balance most of the time outside of the Delves.
And the delve it’s self is actually fun. It’s the pure Faction team that acts like an undiagnosed wart after a weekend in Vegas.
So yes only 5% of GoW is pure shit.
But one turd in the pool still means people are going to flee from your pool.

14 Likes

Then small adjustment is in order “4 Dementicores and going nuts on Tier Vii Potions” will get you pure faction 500. And i hope that there will be a patch that replaces this Delve icon in Underworld with a picture of bunnies and flowers.

2 Likes

Yes, this is clearly the worst faction yet released. The dev that thought a completely RNG based faction team would be fun to play clearly has no idea what he/she is doing.

I usually do the pure faction team at level 100 and level 300 and I try to do so at level 500, but I won’t be doing that for this faction. I won at level 100 with the pure faction team, but I won’t be going any higher with it. Level 500 will be easy with an Irongut team, but I won’t waste more time on this faction by going for pure faction at higher levels. I’ve got better things to do with my time… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That was something different than “just use 4 Dementicores.”

I almost wondered if we were playing the same game lol

1 Like

It’s an explanation why to use 4 Dementicores over anything else.
Just completed 2nd Pure Faction 500 with them just to check that i was not tripping.

Some poor paint skills that proves nothing and shows that those events are not healthy:
https://imgur.com/a/FHQZCHd

I will agree with the fact that this is the worst All Faction Team. I would not use one troop outside of the event.

But as for worst Faction Event, I would vote for either The Warrens or Stonesong Aerie. I mean, no amount of potions or stat boosts will save a troop when Bladewing’s 20% lethal kicks in. Or the Bunnicorn starts a loop and Lapina Knight prevents Damage to her team while hitting yours. Bad troops are easier to beat sometimes than good ones.

And I like the Open-Concept Floor plan for this delve, although I have only completed level 50 so far with the Faction team. My opinion may change if/when I fail x3 in first room at level 300, as happened with Aerie. Or x5 with Faction Team on 500 as I did with Dark Pits and Fang Moor. Or x8 with Warrens…Not all of those were first room fails mind you, but more than 2 were.

I’d rank werewoods worse than this one … I’d also rank stonesong worse too. This one was annoying due to rng, but a 3xdementicore team is rather effective… no matter what ability was used.

1 Like

Absolutely correct. This may ruffle the “constructive criticism” guidebook but noone can deny that it’s a true comment.

7 Likes

Tried to do the 4x Dementicore strategy at Level 240 – no Potions of Power (I only purchased Tier 4 for the weapon), and my Hoard is level 104. I beat the first room with all Dementicores still alive. I lost two Dementicores in the next room, then lost the last two in the next room, so obviously never made it to the Boss room.

I can absolutely see why people use 4x Dementicore though. He has 20% dodge, Invulnerable, and all of his random abilities do something useful: you either prevent enemy from casting (silence) or you reset their ability to cast (drain mana) or you help yourself kill them faster through skull matches AND prevent them from killing you with skull matches (Stealing attack).

However… it’s just not enough. It’s too random, and once you lose one, it’s just a downward spiral. Enough skull matches connect against you or abilities get cast and you’re just dead.

And the other troops? They do absolutely nothing useful. Crazed Troll just makes a bunch of purple/blue gems, filling up your other troops (since he uses yellow/red), which just enables you to cast your other troops’ random abilities. Chaos Hound just seems awful – give your opponents skull matches! Woohoo, or summon a worse Chaos Hound, because you lost a troop! Uh?

And then there is Lyrasza – I really like this troop. Bonus purple? Awesome. Madness Storm? Awesome. Damage to everything? Awesome. Jumble board and extra turn? Sweet? Explode gems? Awesome!

But just like Dementicore, these individually great abilities don’t mean anything if they don’t happen when you need them to.

There is no way to “help” your team when it is falling apart. There is no cleanse, life, or armor gain, only one troop is immune to everything… it’s just a really bad set of troops.

I think MAYBE this would be a great team if Chaos Hound had a complete rework with different traits. Instead of summoning a new chaos hound, he needs armor/life gain, and instead of death touch, he needs some significant skull damage reduction.

Crazed Troll doesn’t need Frenzy at all. In fact, look at some of the best trolls in the game. Rock Troll has Knockout and Stoneskin. Lava Troll has Stoneskin. Forest Troll has Tangle and Barkskin.

Yawn…

2 Likes

Sadly buffs or troop reworks is non existent.

1 Like

Did another run of 4x Dementicore. Cleared the first room with all my troops in tact. Then I had to choose the room that would suck the least…

Top Room: Constructs: Dark Monolith, Ancient Golem, etc.
Middle Room: Darkstone: Remnant, Hag, Magnus, etc.
Bottom Room: Forest Troll, 3x Chimera

Well, the constructs would be really annoying because 3 of them at least have Stoneskin and deal a ton of damage, so draining their Attack doesn’t really do anything when I’m on a clock taking ability damage.

Middle room – Magnus would massacre me with AoE damage.

Bottom room: well, the entangle from forest troll doesn’t do anything to me, and the last two troops are color blocked.

So how did it turn out? Horrible. Lost two troops and hadn’t even killed their first one. Why? Any time you need to steal attack, it drains mana or silences. It’s a complete joke because you have absolutely no control in trying to “out skill” the AI. You can’t play “better” than them when your abilities are random and skull damage will just slowly kill you.

Horrible faction.

Remember Devs when I said you won’t be getting money from me until I start seeing better design? This latest faction isn’t going to get you anything from me… in fact it’s going to set you behind.

5 Likes

The thing is so many are spending money. I assume lots of it. Just look at the leaderboard. How much would it cost to get to over 17million points? How many games would you have to play?
I really don’t even know what to say or think when I see that.

3 Likes

Those people are a minority, and as has been mentioned, the people completing this at 500 pure faction have ridiculously high stats from potions to compensate for the trash design of the troops.

1 Like

I think a simple change to the pure faction troops would put them on par with other factions. For the 3 non-legendary troops let them be like goblins. You get an extra turn after you cast a spell. So you have a chance to recover if you don’t get the spell result you want. For Lyrasza (however you spell her name), have her spell be guaranteed to do the damage to everybody and then you either explode some gems or you jumble the board and get an extra turn. If you explode some gems you don’t get the extra turn. That way she would be more like Queen Xochi (in the harpy faction).

I really hope the developers are paying attention to this thread, because the overall view of the new faction seems pretty universal. The troops totally suck as they are. What really hurts is none of the spells are guaranteed to damage enemy troops. You either have to rely on skull attacks (no advantage to other troops in factions) or constant draining and silencing. The problem with the latter is without a way to attack via spells you’re walking to the loss instead of driving there. The best you can hope for is to win a long drawn out battle. Again it was taking sometimes 10 minutes to win battles I should have been winning in a couple. That’s wasting the player’s time.

Every other faction has at least one troop (most have 2) that are guaranteed to do damage when you cast the spell. THIS FACTION HAS ZERO! That is UNACCEPTABLE!

Without a change I’m done with this faction’s troops as a coherent line. I may use one in another line probably the troll only because his spell does one thing and one thing only. The gem creation may be random, but no different than troops with similar spells. That randomness I’m willing to accept. The other 3 troop’s spells are too random to rely on when you’re attacking.

I see Fleg’s post below mine now. Exactly! One spell effect should be guaranteed. How many people use Mongo or Mimic (even though it has the chance to devour) while attacking? I don’t recall seeing either troop in a suggested line for any attack.

1 Like

Spells should always be 1 thing guaranteed happening then a chance of the other things happening. Not knowing what the spell will do is ridiculous. It’s not fun or exciting just frustrating.

2 Likes

I got the exact same tiers (7) that I get for every other faction. Same stats could be received by increasing hoard.

Not saying the faction is good, but it’s better than fang moor, werewoods or stonesong.

1 Like

Agree that spells should be the reward for collecting needed mana and should have at least 1 guaranteed result. Even princess fizzbang and nobend always get an extra turn

3 Likes

I think we should give positive recognition for this delve too … getting to pick which rooms to fight on way to boss room, rather than needing to go along a predetermined path is a nice change.

3 Likes

Funny enough, that’s essentially the next faction in a nutshell.

3 Likes

Like someone else have said this and I agree wholeheartedly, whoever design this delve should be fired

5 Likes