Is the 3.1 update "good" or "bad'' ? Poll

Who cares what they are doing? Why would I care whether or not they have a full collection and get their mythics? Especially when that is such a small percentage of the player base. You have to think of the whole on matters such as these where the other person has no advantage. In fact they are working much harder at getting it quicker than you so they deserve to get it faster if they are nonstop farming. Time spent playing the game should count for something. And since there is no reason to complain about a player having a full collection on a nonPVP game… there’s good reason to reconsider crafting to be something based on effort with a minor time gate.

Those players that have that time and energy to do it deserve it and most likely aren’t spending money on buying gems to open chests anyways because they are in good guilds and get enough gems.

Option 1: Release a bunch of new changes that are really loose, realize their too loose, then nerf them.

Option 2: Release a bunch of new changes and go conservative then buff them as you deem necessary.

Option 2 is the only good approach and they’ve been doing it for the life of the game.

1 Like

Thumbs down from me, but merely because of the incredible non-random sky drops with the new AI.

2 Likes

Still need to reserve for the task numbers, but the outlook is a lot better when the “day of luck” is considered. 74 diamonds are available from dungeons (guaranteed!) and the 50 gem purchase pack converts into 84 more, plus gives back 2 gem keys to mitigate some of the purchase price. The only thing I have bad to say about this is it would sting even more if you can’t manage to log in on a Sunday, since this is where over a third of the week’s total crafting resources come from. Revised numbers point to 218 diamonds per week for “free”, which is ~934 in a thirty day period, or 0.2335 “free” mythics per month. If guild tasks gem to diamond replacements are based around “day of luck” conversion values instead of other days values (2 to 1, rather than 1 to 2), this could potentially be enough to push bottlenecked VIP players, even those with some legendary tasks, back into the black.

1 Like

I used 1200 gem keys (worth 10,800 gems) and cca 2500 glory keys before 2 weeks. Got 0 mythic and 45 legendary ones. Not happy with it.

Well, in my opinion… It’s not looking too good, so bad. I’ve seen nothing but negative things really, but the “oh the whole crafting things cool, but it’s gonna be forever to craft a thing because the way things are implemented”. Ai is crap, which means less fun to play with, it’s very hard to go to your favorite teams and have fun with the game and just when you thought the Ai was lucky enough. Not a fan of the nerfed rewards either.
Also, it’s had a negative reflect on our guild… We’ve had 3 people quit, not really fond of the update, as you looked as the last three days, it’s the most i’ve ever seen the top 50 guilds been recruiting… Seems like our guild isn’t the only one been hit with something like this.

5 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of people have been complaining about the A.I. and I have had no problems with the A.I. other than the times there are skulls out there for them to take and they don’t take the bait. :grin:

1 Like

Here’s something new I just noticed. It appears you can now get a mana surge from a match-4. I’m not positive, because things happen too fast for me to see what is going on, but there have been numerous times I have expected to not load up a troop with a move and I surprisingly do. The only thing I can figure is that my match-4 gave me some bonuses.

Anybody else notice this?

Match 4s can give a mana surge now.

This is not new, its been on Mobile/PC/ios for some weeks already.

so ture! i agree too!

I personally want to know how this update was actually beta tested on mobile since there was a thread recruiting beta testers a month back and a lot of these issues should have been highlighted in that testing period. Can any of the beta testers with a B in their avatar shed any light?

I think that beta test was for the unity server release on mobile

Ah so they didn’t beta test the update, just the underlying engine so it was basically what PC users had been using for the last month or so. In that case think they need to beta test all the updates as well before rolling them out

2 Likes

We have lost 2 this week, and 2 others talking about leaving. All over 1000 long time players

1 Like

They did test the update. They have tested all the updated features like dungeons and soulforge.

You have to understand 2 things tho:

1 When it comes to AI and cascades perception is everything so what some people complain about others see as ok. Oh and That AI has been on consoles for ever yet people play on consoles all the time.

2 Not everything that is being highlighted as not WAI is getting fixed. There is only so many manhours available to the devs and they focus what gets priority in fixing before release.

Oh and one more thing. Sometimes deploying the update to the live servers causes unexpected issues that were not present in beta.

1 Like

I understand that, if it was me I would be extending the release to test it with larger and larger sample sizes rather than wait till the entire playerbase tests it and it’s fully live then face a backlash. It just seems to be happening more frequently with the last few updates.

Don’t know if it is just me but today’s Dungeon I am getting nothing but shards and Diamonds.

So maybe the bitch earlier this week about the 20% only happens for some battles - or is this just once a week thing or what?

Lol it’s intended, sunday is lucky diamond day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on IOS and a beta wasn’t made this time for that platform, so I really didn’t do any testing this round. Sorry I can’t shed any more more light than that.