Is the 3.1 update "good" or "bad'' ? Poll

the “smarter ai” is my favourite. after many matches, i conclude that they are far less threatening than before. i like that very much in ai.

the update, objectively, by number, good is more than bad. however, the bad carry more weight than good. in general, the bad stinks more and overshadow the good.

1 Like

I changed my vote accordingly.

This reminds me Steam reviews. You can either go Yay or Nay. Not neutral.

3.1 is good at first sight. I was waiting for the new features. IMHO Dungeon system is the best thing in the game. I liked Enhanced enemies and fighting pre-set teams on each difficulty as a daily quest. I hope they add more daily dungeons with different rewards or make arena better.

New UI which used in soulforge and dungeons is not that terrible. I think it is better than the current, clunky one.

Now the downside…

Well, if you are a beginner the game is great. 4 minigames instead of 2, Guild Wars (for more free, weekly rewards) and you can even craft the card you want (in time)

But in reality those all have their issues.

Guild Task Rewards is the biggest issue. I don’t want to talk about it on this thread. People (including me) are complaning enough on other threads.

I don’t like new AI also. In my opinion this game should have relaxing, casual gameplay. But new AI never forgives your mistake. One missed alignment and bam! You’re done. Wisps makes you kill yourself, famine drains your whole team’s mana, probably kills one of your troops, steals your girl friend, makes your grandmother hate you and take your firstborn baby. I know this is not the dev’s problem but we must accept it: This game has its own “meta” and devs should act according to it. New Aı drastically dropped my win rate from %90s to %70s. Which is really hurts in guild wars.

Speaking of which… I believe Guild Wars is the main reason that people are complaining. I honestly believe that Bracket 1 rewards are way too much than they deserve. I know Bracket 1~3 is the competetive side of the game but 1000 gems for 30 people each week is just too much. We know that same 2 guilds are getting those rewards over and over again. The lower side of the Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 is just okay but first 3 rewards were too high. On the other hand, nerfing the guild task rewards to balance that GW rewards, simply, is not a good idea.

So, I really liked 3.1 at first, but then, nah. I didn’t like the new patch at all.

3 Likes

after seeing actually how many gems have been taken away from the guild tasks im not voting on the “good” anymore :frowning:
its neutral at most xD

2 Likes

after seeing guild task today, bad is turning worse. i’m staying away from the game for now. no point keeping the hatred grows. the forum however can be entertaining from now on.

I wanted badly to look at this as a good update, but if I gonna be honest, the gem reductions to tasks, makes this update average. It is bader being a VIP player now, 140 gems a week is not even enough for 3 VIP chests. I am however not changing my vote, as I really like the new CPU and Crafting system. But It went from a 4/5 to 3/5.

Lol

Console has been dying. Top guilds cant keep anyone and its worse the lower you go.

As for the ai

Im torn

50% feels redeemed cus ive been saying it for months.
50% feels sad because people like me on console have been shouting it for months and some naysayers said we were crazy and apparently im supposed to just shut up and watch a game i love…die

1 Like

May I ask you something sailor. Howcome have you played this game for months and months? There is really only two reasons brudda, 1. you love to torture yourself or 2. all your rants is filled with exaggeration. Oh wait there is a 3rd too, a mix between those two. So help US a little brudda, tell US now why you do this to yourself? You deserve better.

I’d imagine people keep playing throughout all of the design errors because they are hopeful the more enjoyable days will return, because of a fear of losing all their progress and also because of guild friendships. All of these are in spite of the games updates.

Edit: and some have spent a fortune.

2 Likes

i keep playing for the sake of collection regardless the gameplay
but it certainly has me quite burned out for quite a while and i more or less just do the minimum

just do chores, keep collection updated to see if some day i want to play more again → if i wished to play more it wouls be extremely hard for me to just come back and see how many “resources” and mythics ive missed… so…

i know a lot of games that i enjoyed, had to quit for some reason - and then i wasnt able to come back them ever cause the amount of content they released and the items/resources i would have to grind to ever feel strong again was so much that it literally repel me from the game

2 Likes

After 80 days there will be almost 3 more mythics that you might want, since you can’t craft them as fast as they come in, and if you convert all your gems to diamonds you would have to get very lucky to obtain the new mythics using seals or other keys.

Put my vote in now, seems quite a few agree.

I don’t get leaving after what’s now been 4 days after you’ve hit 1000+. Hundreds/thousands of hours over many months and you jump ship that quickly? First, you’re not even giving them time to respond. Second, leaving doesn’t fix anything only making a case does.

They have had 6 months to respond…this is the same crappy system on console we have been screaming about.

1 Like

There is a Stockholm syndrome with all F2P games. If you spent a lot of your money/time games keeps you hostage because you do not want that money/time to got to waste so you waste even more all the time trying to find reasons to stay even tho you should quit.

2 Likes

It could be worse. :wink:

Yeah, sure, I guess if doctor told me they have to cut my leg but I could have died I’d be happy that I didn’t but I’d still be pissed that I lost my leg :>

This is a criticism to the developers, not you. Just because an interactive menu is placed under the Mini Games button doesn’t make it one. Heck, if they could put Troop Ascension under there we have 5😉

2 Likes

It started out so nice and fresh, but then turned bad REAAALLY damn quick.
First, it’s gonna be hideous if they really go through with the “new UI” thing, also it feels like investing gold into the Guild Tasks isn’t even worth the time anymore…

1 Like

I’m like salibu I feel. I stay because I feel obliged to. Money invested and my guild. That’s why I’ve put up with the game on console for so long. 650 days ago I started my guild or somewhere around that figure.

2 Likes