Is the 3.1 update "good" or "bad'' ? Poll

I don’t really understand how this isn’t true. You can slowly convert unused traitstones to Arcanes/Celestials. Souls are used throughout and especially so with mythics. I can see why people aren’t happy with Crafting b/c they want mythics faster or they don’t like the rng on the dungeons, but this just seems wrong. Since when are Arcanes unused? How does it seem like everyone is forgetting we can now get specific mythics just by playing a few battles per day?

The main thing I want to see fixed is the summoning stones. They should be more targeted. Then everything about your comment misses the mark.

2 Likes

I don’t need to craft traitstones, for a start, I have plenty of each to trait whatever arrives each week.

My point on unused resources is on the eight new jewels and shards which certainly won’t be generated in anything like the proportions needed… diamonds look likely to be the gating mechanism, likely to be stuck for those short of serious real cash spend, while the coloured ones build up…

1 Like

Like @Strat i am expecting a justice league fix more then everything else. From what i readed, it look like it’s still there so just for this my vote would be bad.

Anyway i will know more next week, if it’s really fixed i will give 100000000000 thumbs up

1 Like

Well they obvious had to gate it somehow… did you expect them to allow people to craft as many Arcanes and Mythics as they liked?

2 Likes

Where did Jainus say that he wanted to craft tons of arcanes and mythics?

The arcane-crafting mechanism seems handy if you’re only missing one or two for a troop you consider critical, or if you already have more celestials than you’ll ever need. However, I’ve noticed that I tend to loot 5-6 arcanes for every celestial I loot, so the rarity conversion seems off. 10-12 arcanes worth of celestials for one arcane is a bit too much.

Regardless of how targeted the summoning stones are, they are still available in quantities of 12 per week from dungeons. Assuming they would still keep their same targeting function, 2 per week. If you needed extra copies of a specific common, and these stones just straight up got you that common, you’d still need 95 weeks worth of stones to get that one common to mythic. Alternatively, you can just do what you did before and drop about 24k gold keys the week it is released, assuming they will still be given in such quantities where this is viable. If it is about unlocking your first set of commons, well, good luck clearing dungeons, or even reaching Drifting Sands for that matter. A few hundred gold keys will unlock the common you need, a few thousand will get the first few ascensions, and beyond that, you need a ton of that troop for it to be relevant. Since 99% of common troops will still come from gold keys, this is not enough to change the direction of the wind. And yes, you can use shards to craft some jewels and then craft more troops to correct a slight imbalance, but at this point, that looks to be the worst decision you could make in soulforge outside of turning 10 diamonds into 100 souls.

If you are targeting something of higher rarity and a specific color, well, good luck with that even if there is only one troop per rarity tier in the drop pool at a given time. Even just getting one copy of a specific ultra-rare if you could choose which drop in the rarity teir you want could potentially take weeks at 4 pulls per week (assuming both colors). The way these resources are currently handed out, this solves absolutely nothing even if they were more focused. I highly doubt drop rates for summoning stones will exceed that of level 3 guild keys, but time will tell.

To reiterate on what @jainus said, as a long term endgame player it is trivially possible to earn more arcanes per week than are required to trait every new release in the same time period through glory packs from the weekly glory. Color disparities matter, but over the course of years, these, too, dissipate, especially with short term needs having already been fulfilled through explore, I reached this point months ago. Playing at a certain level ensures you are always moving toward this point. Having a way to accelerate reaching this point may seem like a good idea short term, but long term, it will only have more players in the same boat we are in faster. But not much faster, considering clearing all the weekly dungeons amounts to either a celestial or half an arcane, which is equivalent to about 10 minutes of explore even at midgame, and 5 or 6 minutes on average at endgame, which you probably spent clearing the weekly dungeons in an attempt to get diamonds anyways.

Nobody expected this. I have said multiple times I expected a time component and an effort component such that the effort component (farming) would be the bottleneck and therefore the focus of the majority of people, while people sitting on tons of extra currently useless dead-end resources would need to farm less but would still be subject to waiting, possibly even having everyone start on equal ground with what the effort component was so everyone had to farm while that time gated component slowly accumulated. It would have made sense, for example, to have colored Jewels start appearing everywhere as drops, and needing a ton of them to craft a mythic in addition to much more “other” stuff that currently dead ends (souls, traitstones), with diamond requirements having been reduced from what they are now. This would have made the jewels both useful for a long term goal and available in usable quantities short term. It would make diamonds not stand out so much as the hard bottleneck, because you would still need to farm a bunch of Jewels while you are waiting for them to accumulate. If one or the other finished first, that is where monetization can come in, and would probably be looked at a bit more favorably. As things are laid out now, the only thing there is to focus on is the bottleneck, which boils down to a daily activity hook (which will surely get old, even if it is minor) and months of waiting.

4 Likes

There’s no way they can make the effort component the bottleneck. There’s too much diversity in play patterns, when you’ve got most people playing about enough battles per week for Tier 1 yet people playing thousands a week and generating millions of gold it’s just not possible. To go that route, they would’ve had to balanced it around the crazy people that play thousands per week. That would then mean the rate would be so low that the average player would suffer. There’s simply no way to gate it like that in a game that doesn’t have an energy mechanic. The only option is to gate it with a time component.

And I’ve already said I think they dropped the ball on summoning stones multiple times. No one is arguing about that.

Not the bottleneck, but a potential bottleneck. High level, active players would have finished the effort component long before and left waiting for the diamonds to roll in, and then probably look a lot more favorably about accelerating this with purchases. Meanwhile, lower level or slower players would get the diamond bottleneck and still not have hit the effort component, and maybe look to purchase those instead.

Did you just describe exactly how it is now? Souls are the effort and Diamonds are the time.

I vote “Good.” This is the first major update that has had more elements I liked than disliked.

1 Like

On an interesting update. I do like that I can craft runic and arcane stones now… and it’s not that expensive. So monday - when the arcane is Spirit, my Pharo will now be ready to be fully traited since I have just created the Skull stones and Spirit is Monday in the chests!!

WOOOHOOO… and I can makes many many more. Maybe now Gorthy can get fully traited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Souls cannot be the effort component for the model I described in the quantities required. 20k souls are trivially obtained in four hours by the simplest of midgame farming teams, half that or less at endgame, with VIP and good guild statues, etc. Four hours of effort compared to 166 days of waiting, or 83 even with gem acceleration is way, way off the mark. 20k souls is less than two weeks worth of tributes for a frequent collector with full 3 star kingdoms. With seven star and maxed guild statues, I get much more than than in a week. If you can’t manage to save 20k souls within 166 days, then you really should probably not be looking into obtaining mythics. Would make more sense if you claimed celestials are the effort, which would make sense except you should have a way higher ratio of what you need versus needing them for traits, unless you are doing something silly like converting them into arcanes. Since you are getting one “free” celestial a week through dungeons if that is what you use your Jewels on, this would be covered in ten weeks regardless, without needing outside effort at all.

Sure they can. Souls are used all over the place. It doesn’t have to have two currencies that are perfectly balanced such that you get just enough of the effort currency right asyou get enough of the time currency.

I voted good

I can craft my two missing mythics. Each one in about three months which is what I expected.

I now have an option to pay more money (hopefully on a useful resource - diamond pack once per week) (VIP five for reference as I figure I have got use of two / three triple A titles out of gems so should pay accordingly)

4 times speed is great. New AI changes the meta which is always good.

My only critisim is that dungeons should inherit my character buffs and guild bonuses to stop them being trivial

2 Likes

You probably gonna spend money and gems then cause if you don’t spend anything this number is more close To 6 months for each mythic

1 Like

The last quote I saw was 5-6 months. That could change depending on how many Diamonds we get on “Diamond day” each week, assuming they’re actually a guaranteed reward on that day like the Jewels are on the color days.

1 Like

Yeah also we don’t know how many we can get from LT so maybe 5 month if your are lucky

1 Like

True, I wasn’t counting that. Good catch.

1 Like

5000 gems (100 days) yields 2400 diamonds (shards into diamonds) plus dailies gives at least 2000 more (diamond day will probably add 500 or so more but we will see. Shards from dungeons into diamonds will add another 400)

So assuming no further source of diamonds after 100 days I will gave 4800 to 5300 diamonds… I only need 4000 for a mythic.

Therefore I am looking at a muthic in 80 days with a cost of about 4000 gems.

This means after 80 days I get my choice of mythic if I spend gems rather buying VIP keys which would on average yield 1 random mythic.

I think this is an improvement

2 Likes