Is the 3.1 update "good" or "bad'' ? Poll

I think you misunderstood me. That way we can see who gave a comment to their vote which gives something more. However I think the Moderators/Devs has the option to see who voted which, so its all okay. :wink:

I voted ‘bad’ on balance… mainly from disappointment that this hasn’t turned out anything like I was hoping… it’s got some great stuff and great potential, but so many missed chances… dungeons could be awesome with harder challenges and no rng in the rewards… crafting should have been a way to slowly convert unused resources to fill gaps in the collection… instead it seems to be a way to get more unused resources and just roll more keys…

14 Likes

It should not be anonymous as the topic is not something very personal. But I am fine with it.

I can understand the motivation behind the comment, but I still respectfully disagree with the request. Not everyone is confident in speaking out in public, and not everyone wants to be placed in the public eye to have their opinions potentially nitpicked and criticized. That includes people who vote “Good”, not just people who aren’t happy.

1 Like

But still the vote did not have to be anonymous. This vote is not a personal matter at all, no need to hide.

I agree 100%

1 Like

No, it didn’t have to be, but at the same time it’s easy to see from the myriad other posts who is happy with the changes and who isn’t, since people who are comfortable posting publicly are already doing so.

It is my personal feeling that an anonymous poll (in an environment like this forum) will always gather more votes, and by virtue of that, will always be a more accurate barometer of the opinion of those who visit the forum.

2 Likes

A boards like this is never good to see who is happy or not through a vote. These boards has possibly only 10% of the total player base, as well as many more negatives than positives search these boards to complain only.

The good and only fair way the devs can figure out if the patch had a positive or negative influence to the player base is to check the activity logs for the game.

1 Like

If that’s the case, though, then having a “visible” poll wouldn’t change things.

Seriously though, if you’d prefer to have a visible poll because you want to see peoples’ feelings, you’re free to create one. Instead of good/bad buttons, just monitor the thread and count responses.

You can encourage people to add their opinions here, too, instead of starting another thread. I think the results will be the same either way - people who are comfortable posting their opinions openly will continue to do so and those who aren’t wouldn’t respond in another thread either.

1 Like

You not understand what I meant at all. I am fine with it staying as it is, I have no problem with that. But there was neither any reasons for making the vote anonymous, as there is nothing to hide.

These forums have a very tiny percentage of the player base… just looking in PVP I am offered someone rank 44000+ in the chart, so that’s 44000+ active players this week on PC/iOS… not counting consoles at all… this forum has say a hundred active members at most?

1 Like

Yeah, its definitely a lot less than 10%. But my point still stands.

I went ahead and voted good, despite my knee jerk reaction to crafting.

I think in the long run this is a huge step in the right direction for the game I love. I hope that there is a reconsideration of some resource acquisition elements but I have faith that the dev’s will listen to the community, consult the data, and make a decision that lands solidly in that mythical ground known as middle! :wink:

2 Likes

Is the joke just regular-old, or is it “Har-old?” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Lyya I’m going to “pun-tend” you do NOT just say that!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

BabySinclair2

1 Like

I think it needs work. I’m glad I am guaranteed an Abynissia in a few months if I don’t get her from a key first. There is a few things I am disappointed with like I can’t craft commons or rares, can’t choose which ultra rare or epic I craft and there is nothing new to do except the 3 very easy dungeon battles.

What I was hoping and kind of expecting to see was something like the dungeon battles that were grindable to get stones or something that can be used to make common and rares.

What I would like to see is after the dungeon battles have been won they then become grindable and give a random coloured stone that can be used to make a common or rare of your choice. Each battle could give a chance at 2 different colours.

Another thing I was disappointed with is maps are still useless. I have over 1,200 maps that I can’t use because I hate treasure hunt. I was really hoping I could use maps to make keys, souls, glory or gems.

One thing I really hate is that dungeon battles only have a chance at giving diamonds I think each battle should guarantee diamonds. It doesn’t have to be 20 a battle even 5/10/15 or something like that I would be happy with.

3 Likes

You don’t have a third option - The EH

They need to bring in iron keys again. All common and rares from the first year of the game should be in iron chests. The sheer amount I opened to get silverglade to 5* before pony was released is ridiculous. The update is coming to us console players on the 5th but the gem nerfs have got my back up before I even install the patch so I’m really not looking forward to it at all.
Plusses. - dwarves getting fortitude and famine getting 24 mana cost, which is still too little. It should be 25. And… Er. I’m not looking forward to anything else tbh. My enjoyment has been soured.

Should we stop referring to these patches as updates but instead as downgrades?

7 Likes