Is Medusa in drop pool?

MEDUSAGATE lets go. I still dont have her ive got enough diamonds to craft like 20 mythics and i report on the SF every week so it for sure hasnt been through yet and likely should have been.

8 Likes

Iā€™m in your boat. I wasnā€™t able to get her when she came out.

From my understanding, next week is the last for this SF cycle. What are the chances Medusa actually shows up? :joy:

1 Like

probably 0 and forgotten to be put in the cycle

6 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve spent 1000ā€™s of keys over the past few weeks trying to get her, but nothing yet. She BETTER be in chests after all I have spent

She is in chests. The discussion is about the mythic cycle in the forge.

1 Like

Ah, I should have kept my trap shut then and read back up! Siulforge would be great at this point as I have been chasing for a while in chests

The original discussion dates back to when Medusa was delayed being added to chests.

A new thread regarding if/when she will appear in Soulforge may have got more attention since this one may be deemed as ā€œsolvedā€ now?

I donā€™t think they would consider it solved if they never read the thread in the first place :sweat_smile:

May need it to be a Bug Report. The worst they could do is ignore it again or say its not a bug and magically have it show up.

Could use a check on The Onyx Giant too.

Near as I can tell from browsing the history at Taransworld, the most recent Soulforge cycle started either the 10th of October or the 17th of October. The campaign that featured The Onyx Giant as the campaign mythic didnā€™t end until November 6th ā€“ the 10th week of that campaign started on the 31st of October. So I donā€™t believe itā€™s unreasonable that The Onyx Giant doesnā€™t show up in this Soulforge cycle if one wishes to assume that the rotation is ā€œdeterminedā€ at the start of the cycle for the whole thing and not modded mid-stream.

Which doesnā€™t adequately explain/justify Medusa continuing not to appear. (Iā€™m waiting on her, too, especially as sheā€™ll be useful in Bracket 1 GW.) So I have my fingers crossed for next week at this stage of things.

Its pretty inconsistent. Some have been tossed in during the same cycle and others have missed a cycle that their date was in.

I remember getting Faerie Gobmother very quickly after her campaign ended, for example.

Considering how long these cycles are starting to get, they really should just throw them in asap (standard 4 week delay if necessary) or the Medusa-like delay starts to really become noticeable.

I checked with the team and she will appear in the next soulforge cycle.
She missed out on the last cycle due to her release timing.

I also asked if weā€™re planning on increasing the number of Troops available in the Soulforge each week due to the sheer number we have in game now so itā€™s taking longer for Troops to repeat back through the Soulforge and got a fairly positive response. I will follow up to see where weā€™re at with that and make sure itā€™s not fallen off the radar. I wonā€™t have any immediate ETAs or promises I can make about it but I think itā€™s a reasonable request so

21 Likes

@Kafka on a semi linked point is there any update planned on the vault troop drops as that similarly is suffering from size of pool creep and when Cedric has such a massive drop chance there is so much wastage in key drops. It not even that you need many Cedric anyway given heā€™s legendary. Something along the lines of a nerf to his drop rate or a guild guardian type limit (similar to some of the dragon egg requests)

6 Likes

Would it be an option to also make the mythic (and possibly legendary) troops of the weekly event kingdom available in the forge, similar to how weapons are handled?

6 Likes

This feels a bit like a compounded error, in the case of Medusa. Her release timing was delayed by 5 weeks from the advertised / communicated timeframe (9 weeks instead of 3-4), notionally due to the IP2 office being shut for several holidays in September 2022.

If she had been released on schedule, she would have been in the current Soulforge cycle. As it stands, it could potentially be up to another 20 weeks (~5 months) before she appears ā€“ creeping towards a year after her Campaign release.

Is there any way to force her appearance earlier on / in between / at the start of the next cycle?

7 Likes

I would avoid thatā€¦

Some of these kingdom events have been a year apart (or more) which would not work very well. It also wouldnā€™t help if a monthly mythic came out just after an event kingdom weekā€¦

Donā€™t make me wring your neck, itā€™s an ā€œalsoā€, not an ā€œinsteadā€. The rotation cycle would still be in there, otherwise it wouldnā€™t really be an improvement. :wink:

3 Likes

10 random mythics/legendaries + those of the kingdom? :thinking:

1 Like

I think that would make event keys less valuable

Two weeks later without Medusa and we started the new cycle. I guess Iā€™ll never own her

6 Likes