Is it time to nerf Psion?

Nor is Psion -Moa x 3

1 Like

Its fine but this kind of behaviour is why i never come around here. Every time i do swearing and fighting is all i see and its why i wont be back

Except the Moa event only replaced one troop naturally. so pick your favorite to remove.

1 Like

I understand and i am sorry about that but when i need to keep repeating the same thing over and over sometimes it get on my
Nervs. Again sorry and i hope you will still stick around

Too bad the thread took this tangent and if the real problem is repetitive meta, then looking into a specific card is not the answer.
Cards have been nerfed before and we still have a repetitive meta because , somehow, players still put meta teams on defense.
The entire PVP matchup needs to be review, specifically in a game with no real PvP, since we still play VS the AI .

I think that’s why the call for Psion nerf was not too well received, because it is not an overall dominant card.
I am usually all for nerf regarding cards that are just too strong that you could put them in any teams at any spots and it will be a dangerous overpowered killer. Like Famine, Pre-nerd Kraken, TDS, Krystenax, Mab, EK, etc.

Thats true, but I cant imagine what real PvP would feel like? Match is 90% lost if you start out 2nd

2 Likes

Compared to
Psion
Ragnalord
Moa
Infernus

And

Psion
Ragnalord
Famine
Moa

Moa
Ragnalord
Famine
Infernus

Looks terrifying. Sure they’d got a throw away troop at start but, fast exploder, mana drain and stupid op troop. I’d prefer psion than infernus or famine

True that @Eika !! I would never play this game with real PvP.

But, since we do not « play » defense
 why do so many players put up annoying, luck-grief based teams on defense?

Goblin Teams for exemple. They are just fluke-bombs of frustration. Fun to play? Maybe.
But why put that on defense?

There needs to be a system to make player not want to put the most broken teams on defense, while still avoiding making PvP less challenging with Firebombs x 4. 

Because thats close to the only way that they will get most possible defense wins. CPU plays those RNG teams the best.

1 Like

Because people are lead to feel like defense wins matter. I mean, they really don’t, since “matches won per week” is pretty much the only metric that matters if you’re going for leaderboards. Even if you’re not, then losing on defense for more Revenge matches is beneficial anyway. But hey, if people can choose to lose or try and win, they’ll try and win, right? For any - or no! - reason other than “because”.

1 Like

There are only 431 troops in the game at present so if you fight 1000 battles of course you’re gonna see repetition! Maybe you’re just playing too much.

Do you really though? 1000 battles/week
 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I must confess yes :slight_smile:

Yes again lol

1 Like

I think there’s plenty of useful discussion here, but yes, let’s keep the ad hominem to a minimum, please.

3 Likes

The new kingdom can’t be release too soon, i expect to see more variety with the new spell, people will test more team
 at least i hope

1 Like

I think the solution is more troops.

I had a lot of words that boiled down to something I think reasonable long-time players know: you just can’t win on some boards and a 100% win rate is neither possible nor fun.

The game has some natural loss rate where you get a board that too heavily favors the other team. The other team’s traits and abilities can dramatically shift the size of that universe. So it’s your job when choosing an offensive team to take measures that make the “I can’t win” universe smaller. This is the fun part of teambuilding.

It is possible but hard to calculate that Psion teams are better against their natural counters than other defensive teams. If that’s true, it is worth addressing. Only devs have access to the kind of data this would require.

A nerf is tough. It takes away from Psion both offensively and defensively. Psion is a counter to some very difficult teams, so making it less powerful strengthens those teams. A less powerful defensive Psion will lead to fewer Psion teams. Those things combined are guaranteed to cause some other meta to rise as the new “biggest problem”.

I think a better solution is “more Psion counters”. We need to figure out what it is about the “too strong” Psion teams that makes them bad. We need to figure out what a team that dismantles that team at least as reliably as our estimate of “sometimes you get bad luck” probability indicates. This could also lead to a new powerhouse meta, but at least for a short time we’ll have a new environment with unknown variables, right?

3 Likes

They do matter for some. Personally I’ll take the 3 glory for the win over the gold from revenge any day. Perhaps I’ll change that opinion one day when all my troops are traited out & I don’t need glory to purchase arcanes.

Also if you’re trying for top 100 def wins are actually very beneficial in 2 ways: a) they get you extra points toward your top whatever you want to reach and b) others trying to reach top 100 who lose against you not only don’t gain points but lose them, widening your margin of how much work you have to do vs how much they have to do to catch you.

And before someone makes the incorrect assumption I must be one who would be using a Psion team let me save you the trouble of looking like an idiot by jumping to that conclusion.

1 Like

but this team is not there to win, if you look at the leaderboard all these team got the worst defense win ratios, this team is just there to annoy people

With Moa upfront, it’s easy for a converter, exploder or troll to outrace a Ragna/Famine/Infernus and prevent them from being deadly. If Ragna casts and Famine isn’t full, you’ll have a good chance of winning.

The other variations that have Psion/Ragna with Moa can still deadstop you and quickly refill.

Psion/Moa/Famine/Infernus may be tame, but could also get you with cascades. Only takes 1 skull for Psion to give you a bad time and give the others a chance to cascade and cast.

Not saying any version with Moa is difficult, but that’s the reasoning.

Dark troll, titania, infernus, other

I predict this will be popular for a while.

Main guess for other is gorgothga

I wouldn’t diss Moa that much. That fowl stuns with very little Mana required.

In last position?

We already have a lot. When is it that someone “discovered” Humility/Anariel/Plague? Those troops are exactly new, in fact people used to say that Plague was too weak.
You have to use different teams in offense. What’s good against Psion/Famine not necessarily is good against Krakens.

Except Moa. Moa is always good.

1 Like