[Investigating] No Defense score added to GW

Android 11

Today I received 2000 less points in GW (red day) - different armies for all days, 5 battles, 5 wins and only 7585 points, because in the first battle there were only 1250 points instead of 3250.

Some of my guildmates have the same problem - no 2000 bonus points for 4 different troops.

1 Like

Another casualty reporting in. I definitely used all red teams on offense today and all defense teams are unique. Also noticed the 0/0 briefly pop up below tomorrow’s defense team but it disappeared before I could grab a screenshot.

This makes me sad

Edit: On PC/mobile, Pixel 4a running Android 12

Played on iOS mobile, same scoring issue here. Did not have issue on my Xbox account GW battles. Both were ‘red day’ . My guild is over 30k behind and same # of battles played. Maddening!!

OK, so the Dev’s sign of life is a simple [INVESTIGATING] in the title … not even a simple ‘sorry’ text … a slap in our faces
You know dear DEVs, we’re pouring money in the game each month, let’s say an amount like for a Netflix account. With Netflix each customer got a technical service during his day hours (including week-ends and holidays weeks, including nights (but ok, for gow it’s a little too much)), even if Netflix is in the U.S. and you’re living in Australia. But with GOW, nothing, just a big silence or poor excuses (it’s night in Australia, it’s the week-end, it’s holidays, …) .
You’re not an AAA game, but we’re paying more, so what ??? Please, do something about the client’s service. Or you will finally lose all you incomes.

9 Likes

All our guild scores were 5-0 or 4-1 with a few 3-2.

From today’s where its easy to tell the missing 2k

1 Like

Somehow a player with a loss has a higher score than me

5/0 win with a red team but only had a 7k score

Today I received the 2k defense bonus in GW but the bonus from yesterday is still missing although defense tab says, I should have earned 6k bonus.

Had no issues first two days (I do GvG first thing upon reset)…

Tried today to test by chasing 10 battlecrashers first, and upon moving on to GvG the bug popped up on first battle
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:
#gowQA

2 Likes

I was wondering if it could be the battlecrashers or finishing anything else - pretty sure I also did GW first the 1st day but something other the second.

I for sure did the pet rescue before GW but not sure about anything other than that.

Could be a coincidence but…

1 Like

I did my battles 1 hour before reset

Hello everyone, new member here, first post in the forum :wave: Finally, the bugs became so numerous and heavy, I needed to sign up :sweat_smile:

I am a member of Rock$tar guild and I have investigated our GW scores a bit the past 24 hours. 28 of 30 members have done their battles yesterday, 11 members (myself included) have suspiciously low scores compared to the number of won/lost battles. For myself, I know, that I was affected of the “-2000 defense bonus” bug. Up to now, I have received feedback of 4 others, they have used pure red teams yesterday and two different defense teams on Tuesday and Wednesday → affected by the bug. I am waiting for feedback of the other 6, but usually all our members are doing guild wars in the “correct” way. If really all 11 members were affected by the bug, we are missing 22 000 points already :woozy_face:

Concerning the idea, that the bug might be related to the device used for playing, we have all sorts in our guild:

• PC/Laptop with correct score
  • PC/Laptop with bugged score
  • Mobile device with correct score
  • Mobile device with bugged score

If anybody wants to be smart and say “Oh, but why did you do all your battles, when you should have known about the bug? It is your fault, don´t complain now!”: Rock$tar is usually always doing all battles at the given day. We don´t value guild wars so much, many of our members absolutely don´t like guild wars and for them it would be more pain to be forced to do all guild wars battles in one day than losing the bonus for defense teams. Personally, I also think, that it is not our responsibility to play in the best way to avoid the bugs, it is the Dev-Team, that is responsible to provide a game playable without any bugs.

@Kafka @Jeto @OminousGMan
I am really curious, how this will be handled. As I said, Rock$tar does not care so much for guild wars. We are currently in bracket 5, if we now finish in last place and get relegated to bracket 7 - so what. We will return to bracket 4 or 5 (our “usual” brackets) eventually, and if not, then not. But… will all the very competitive guild wars guilds in brackets 1-3 be relegated, promoted and rewarded based on the whacky scoring of this guild war? I mean, I read someone stating, that usually no compensation for bugged guild wars scores were given, but should this really be the case here? I mean, REALLY? I thought, that #weavergate was easily the biggest fail in 2021 GoW, but if the scores of this guild war aren´t either corrected until Sunday or the brackets are frozen until next guild war, I am not so sure of #weavergates top position in the list of the biggest fails for this year anymore :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Okay, that’s not it. Didn’t get my points today, either…

Next weird theory: is it getting the nexus pet to mythic?

It’s not getting the gem mastery weapon as a player in one of our guilds who has it wasn’t affected by the bug.

As with many here, I did not receive my points bonus for defence. I am in a B4 guild who actually prize GW, and along with the external battles against other guilds we have an internal ‘friendly’ battle between guild mates that keeps the fun alive. I am absolutely gutted about this ‘bug’ that has, for all intents and purposes, made it impossible for me to be in the running for Paragon this war around. I’m not a programmer so I don’t know if there is a quick fix, a work around or whether I will get the points I deserve, but something has to be done in the long term to ensure that this bug is fixed, and that the instability of the coding that we have seen recently is rectified. There are people who pay good money (myself included) to play a game that is, for the most part, very enjoyable, but I know of several who will no longer make purchases to advance or who are considering quitting the game entirely.

2 Likes

I just have the same: no defense score added

It is embarrassing how many bugs are happening with this update and how much they hurt the players.

2 Likes

A had the same problem yesterday (red day) no bonus. :frowning:

@Jeto @Kafka @OminousGMan

Not even a single comment?

Is there a chance of the scores being adjusted?
If not, what about freezing the brackets as this is obviously unfair?

Anything besides of changing the title?

4 Likes

@cyberkiwi I am no programmer, but studied CS - so i can guess as well… but these guess are… guesse and unfortunenatly it does not seem to be related (even if i fantazized same as you):

i had the occasional 0/0 and my Battlecvrasher counter is strange (was 1/5 8/50 at End of yesterday) i encountered the bug yesaterday, but not today.

Today i did not hunt any Battlecrashers before guildwars → got my points → no bug.
A guild mate without 0/0 without buying an Extra Kingdom pass (there fore no compensation), without any battle crasher today, with a “normal Battle crasher counter” missed the points. → bug

Also the 0/0 tends to behave like schrĂśdingers cat and disappears /changes after a reset/reentry of Guild wars- Tables)

For the “defense is checked and deemds as duplicate”: i encountered the bug without any opponent testing my 2nd day defense yet.

Also with timerzones: the bug appeared shortly after reset but also later in the afternoon… must be hell of a timezone difference, also not hitting everyone even when doing the battles at a comparable UTC.

As we will likely not get any Post Mortem we can just keep guessing.

Interesting theory… But if that was true, wouldn´t there be a certain time point, when the two timezones are aligned again and the bug should disappear for all players in the same timezone?

In our guild, we are all in the same timezone. I have proof, that the bug happened early in the day (meaning the “Krystara” day) a few hours after reset, about 10 hours after reset and also only a few hours before the next reset. The bug happened to me at about 6 p.m. in Germany (10 hours after reset), about an hour later, 4 others did their fights and were not affected. A few hours later, another one did his battles and was affected…

Up to now, it seems totally random to me, who loses 2000 points and who not. That is even more frustrating, because I can´t give the slightest piece of advice to the guild, what we should do. It is basically “just do it and hope for the best” up to now.

1 Like

Guys, there was a report yesterday of someone encountering a Brown book defense on Red day.

Please keep your eyes open for any odd defenses (for that day). If we can correlate that with somebody that has been hit with the bug we know the servers are not updating to the next days defenses.

It does not matter if you’ll be attacked or not for the game to check your defenses, I wasn’t attacked in GW yesterday until 8 hours after I saw the bug.

I only joined my guild on Sunday - part of a guild family absence blah blah.

Anyway, so that means I am at the bottom of the guild table in Soldier ranks, ~I don’t get much to defend. I didn’t have a defense fight until very late evening. I did my fight very early and the points were missing, no-one has to encounter you to lock you out.

I did use the @Fourdottwoone method of checking the results tab first and my score was fine today.
We need someone to check results tab see the 0/0 then go into the fight to see if its truly random or linked.