[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

Nah it has always been around in some form or another. Originally the score wasnt affected I believe, but the amount of fights were. It was reported years ago.

With the change to the top 27 scores, I believe that all it done was start to effect other aspects of the code that have made it easier to be seen by those that track the numbers.

It was stated before that they are different bugs, and I would love to believe it, but the fact that the game shows 1 thing, and the API shows something else, in 2 different data points, makes me think that they are related and there is an issue somewhere else causing these things and the more content that gets added to the game, and possible affecting GW, the more these bugs will appear and make themselves known.

Yes, it was.
I created some threads on the forum about it. I submitted several tickets documenting the gaps and where they were coming from.
I gave up when I saw that there was no interest from the dev team for those bugs.

The score was affected.
There is nothing different now. It is the same bug that has been existing since the beginning of GoW and has never been fixed.

2 Likes

@saltyatra GWs is up again this week. Is there anything new you can share on this bug? I like to assume that this has to be pretty high on the priority given that it effects rewards and rankings.

This has been ongoing since February 2020…

@TheIdleOne
That’s only when this thread was created. The bug has been going on for a couple years before this thread started.

1 Like

Pretty sure this is the original thread on the issue. It was linked to the sister thread of this one about missing battle counts.

I paticularly like the part where salty says they are looking into it as we speak, then never responds again.

6 Likes

Yes, it is the original thread.

Minus 3240 points…
@Saltypatra thank you for depriving us of the chance to compete for high places :frowning:

1 Like

Capture 1 Capture 2

3237 points missing for Anonymous.

I’m curious what na rasslabone’s screen shows. If you look at your daily score, their score matches it exactly, while yours does not. I wonder if someone from na rasslabone showed their screen if it would show 247,877 or 251,117.

If Knights of the Glade battle Anonymous, could @V_osprey_V and @Aelthwyn post their scores (both the schedule screen and the attack progress screen)? Or anyone else that is in bracket 1 and fights either of these two guilds?

I think their schedule screen would show the same score as ours.
The score of the schedule screen is correct. It is the total of the 30 scores of the players. The number in the GW rankings screens, which is the one that determines the rankings and rewards of each guild, is incorrect.
One battle is not taken into account for the first day.
For our guild I can even say which player’s first battle is not taken into account.

Except that for @V_osprey_V the screen shows incorrectly only for them. The score shown for na rasslabone matches the score on the schedule screen exactly, but the score for KotG does not. This is why I’m curious if both sides match (i.e. only one guild is penalized) or if neither side matches (i.e. both guilds are penalized). If all guilds in a bracket managed to post their schedule screens, then we would easily be able to tally everyone up.

Yes, only one guild is penalised. One battle is not taken into account. It can also happen to the opponent the same day or another day, or not at all but it is unrelated. Check the posts of the previous months.

na rasslabone -1597 again the loss of points :frowning_face:

Power Gems was missing 3,107 points from our total this wars. Still not enough to effect ranking. Not even sure why I keep posting about this since yall keep ignoring it and have for it seems years .

7 Likes

Off to a good start here.

3 Likes

Its me again!! For the very last time here is my post:

In B1:

Black Dragon - 1,492
Knights of the Glade - 1,501

In B2:

YaRebel - 2,959

I hope this eventually gets fixed, and one day if I come back to the game, all is working well and properly. GL with it though and whoever decides to take over reporting it.

14 Likes

When will it end? …
Lack 1403pts

2 Likes

Maybe it has not quite updated yet. Sometimes it take a minute or 15.

Hey, just confirming that the Leaderboards are updated at set intervals, not every time they’re opened.

4 Likes