[Investigating] Class trial points not awarded correctly

tl;dr
At least two, and possibly all five, class trial battles are not giving the stated number of points when a player defeats the champion.

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC/Mobile, iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14.current

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
As you can see in the above images, I have beaten the fourth and fifth champions for this cycle of the class trial. According to the stated points totals, I should have been awarded 170 points. When I hit 120 champions defeated, I had 5788 points ā€“ exactly what the other top competitors with 120 wins had (that is, none of us had lost a troop thus far).

Now that I have beaten those two champions, I have only 5898 points. This is also in line with what the other 122-win players have, but it is only 110 points more than I had two battles ago. So either Hyndla Frostcrown or Queen Mab ā€“ or both ā€“ are not giving me the points they should.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I only noticed it now. And unfortunately I donā€™t have enough sigils to go another cycle through the champions.

Steps to make it happen again
As far as I can tell based off my one time seeing it, beat either Hyndla Frostcrown or Queen Mab in the class trial.

More strangeness
The sole 115-win player has 5526 points (as did I when I hit that win count). This is 262 points less than I had when I reached 120 wins. However, there are 80+80+82+85+85=412 points available for beating the five champions. So somehow there are 150 points missing for the 116-120 win cycle, just like there are 60 points missing for wins 121 and 122.

More information:
I beat King Mikhail and went to 5950 points (+52), not to 5980 points like I should have. Finally, I spent my last sigil defeating Queen Ysabelle and ended up with an even 6000 points. This is only 50 points more than I had after beating King Mikhail, even though Queen Ysabelle is supposed to give me 80 points.

(I knew Iā€™d seen this come up before, so did a search for ā€œClass trial pointsā€ and didnā€™t find anything ā€“ but then remembered it used to be called just ā€˜Class Eventā€™ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:)

Also:

3 Likes

Thanks @Jonathan. The issue isnā€™t in the known issues list, despite multiple threads saying [Investigating]. Iā€™m not sure what there is to investigate, since this seems pretty cut and dry.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how many points exactly. But I believe you lose points if you donā€™t finish the battle with 4 troops sort of like Guild Wars.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the screenshot above, supposed to be one point for each troop you lose.

3 Likes

In any event, I didnā€™t lose a troop the entire time, so that penalty should not have come into play.

1 Like

Hey, I will look into this. This involves me looking through all your battle data to manually confirm the data was (in)correct, which is why Iā€™ve marked the thread as investigating. Iā€™ll follow up once this is done.

2 Likes

To simplify things you could just play a few class battles yourself today. Scoring is off for all players, by the same amount. Itā€™s not really a big deal, it doesnā€™t impact rewards or leaderboard placement, which is probably why it got ignored whenever it was reported in the past. Fixing it should be fairly simple, either adjust the score preview in the Fight tab or adjust the score actually added after the fight.

3 Likes