Invasions: Feedback and suggestions

Invasions feedback and suggestions? How about give us a week where something ain’t all f’d up

6 Likes

Whoa there just what game do you think you’re playing here…

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the last reward is for clearing stage 8? Is it a major chaos orb?
I don’t think I cleared it the last time.

1 Like

There is no reward. The rewards show up in the top right corner. Stage 8 just tracks until you get to the end and repeat the same battle over. At least that’s how it worked three weeks on the initial invasion. Since I don’t see any rewards in the upper right, I am confident that it’s the same.

2 Likes

Every other stage completed had a reward with it sent to the mail, stage 7 was a minor orb of chaos.

You should get event stage rewards and guild rewards.

Event stage reward

Guild rewards

1 Like

Yeah there is no reward for final stage since you can keep going when it’s done

Sirrian mentionned they will do something about that

3 Likes

Ok, so there is no point in trying to fill up stage 8 then?

Now that just seems ridiculous.

Thx @Rickygervais for the info.

1 Like

Why not give raids individual rewards also? Why have invasions pay out more rewards (65 gems and an orb) than raids? Everything else about the two modes is practically identical except for the rewards?

3 Likes

This is an interesting question, but if you think about it each mode is like an experiment.

• In Raids, the boss level and your win rate directly correlate to how many points you will score. In this mode, high-end players can pull their entire guild to the rewards faster, and you can control your win rate to some degree by losing intentionally after killing the boss.
  • In Invasions, your progress is capped at 4 points per win. No matter how great a team you assemble, no matter how well you play, you have to win and the most you can get is 4 points. Because of this, having a few really good players in a guild won’t make up for having a lot of disinterested players. So the tiers have individual rewards to try and encourage everyone to play.
  • Bounties are a completely solo event, your guild doesn’t have anything to do with them.

I think it really comes down to that the Raid Boss battles are the best one for disinterested people to avoid. Invasions are set up to require the whole guild to join in.

3 Likes

My main issue with the Invasion is its last stage 8 when there are 4 towers. IMO, the whole mode is pretty dull. Towers all look the same and have very similar spells with minor differences. They are also immune to everything apart from damage. Since the point of elemental class is to burn or freeze something, this makes half of the cool things obsolete. So, to me it seems like sort of crippled arena with less variety and same enemies over and over again.

There is no way to rationally put any breaks on random AI cascades as well. In one match, I had all towers powered up by turn 3. Still was able to win somehow but it was a chore. There are some serious issues with balance in the latest stages of this new Invasion mode. It gets boring pretty fast for me and I secretly hope I don’t get more sigils and won’t have to do more battles.

Our guild participation in Invasion is taking a deep dive this week as well compared to last time so far. It might get better closer to the weekend and IDK about global stats. Some players do really like it though and spend quite a few gems.

3 Likes

Tier 5 and so close. I think I had under 5 losses total.

1 Like

Took me to the top 50, how are the other servers looking?

1 Like

agree on all counts.
BORING!

4 Likes

Yep, I agree, these new modes feel like a chore with little rewards, thankfully next week is guild wars.

Now that it’s been 2 cycles of these new modes I kind of would like it if they went back to guild wars weekly and did these modes once a month.

One month gets a raid and the next month would get a invasion, perfect.

Being a guild leader I can definitely tell that the players interests In this game have dropped but that’s usually how it goes every time they update the game.

5 Likes

Maybe the whole point of the new events was just to make us like Guild War more by comparison?

1 Like

This a million times.

Once I reached level 4 the Invasion became a chore. The only thing that determines if I win is whether the skulls align for me or not. This morning, the towers were executing my party with 3-4 free turns at a rate of 1.1 ally per turn.

It is very realistic that I will quit the game on an Invasion Sunday. It’d be nice if there was just ONE THING that worked against them aside from “hope for lots of skulls” or “hope you have the mythics”.

Maybe there could be a troop with a trait called “Siegebreaker” that does something helpful on the event week? That’d be pretty neat. It could like, do a status ailment the towers aren’t immune to? Maybe the devs can work on that.

2 Likes

Agreed that Raid/Invasion feels more like a chore than something that’s actually fun. At the very least can you please add trophies to these modes? Raid/Invasion weeks takes up a lot more time than Guild Wars and I feel more pressured to complete the other stuff (Event rewards, trophy requirements, etc) and still have time left over to enjoy other things in life.

6 Likes

YES!
I think alot of the gripes would disappear if we can get trophies and seals from these raid battles like we do from GW battles. Many guilds have trophy/seals weekly requirement, and these raids are taking up too much time away.

Simply put. Some of us take our trophy count very seriously.
(and no, wise-crackers. Don’t say lol-sense like “Why don’t you change to a easier guild?” That is NOT a viable solution. Some of us put years into the guild. That’s like saying, “If your parents’ rules suck so much, why don’t you change family?”)

14 Likes

I would like it if these invasions/raids were tied to our Guild War bracket. My idea is that you would compete against the guilds in your current bracket.

You would still get the individual rewards for completing stages but your overall progress would be used to
award your place in your bracket.

I think it would get more people to contribute if these games were incorporated into our Guild war standings. The guild I am in has outstanding Guild War attendance but we fall a bit to the wayside with these raids and invasions. I think this would make participating more desirable.

2 Likes

Once you get to 4 towers the invulnerable + the constant barriers make this mode infuriating and most importantly NOT FUN.

5 Likes