Invasion rewards requiring too few tower kills

I would bet that 90% of those guilds who finished it day 1 would have finished it anyway by mid week, so all they gained was some extra available time to do other things.

I would also bet some little guilds probably got some rewards they wouldn’t have gotten even by end of week. Congrats to them!

Sorry that your guild has to put in the appropriate amount of “work” and time to get the intended amount if rewards. So does mine. No one got screwed some just got lucky.

5 Likes

Apparently there is a group of people that are either dense, or have blinders on to not see how some people would be upset by this. I am more irritated with the fact pretty much every thing they do/release is broken. It makes me wonder where the money I spend every month goes…

4 Likes

I already recommended this above, but glad to see someone else on the same page! It definitely makes the most sense.

2 Likes

I was frustrated because I spent way more gems than I would have otherwise. I spent a large amount last night to get us closer to our next tier, not realizing that everything was going to more or less reset overnight. Had I known, I wouldn’t have opted to buy up to such a high tier.

I am sure this is just one of the many reasons people are upset.

1 Like

Just a guess, but “because, the economy”.

It really is starting to chafe how every single mistake that is even slightly in the players’ favor is hotfixed at the speed of light, yet release after release contains bugs and major issues are left unaddressed. Would it really have hurt that badly to have a week of “sorry, we put in the wrong numbers, but it was our fault, so enjoy an easier week!”?

The new unspoken rule really is "take advantage early and often, and don’t freakin’ report it! After all, updates are rigorously tested. :wink:

8 Likes

That seems like a reasonable idea.

Just to be clear, the Invasion Event was easier than it was before the fix. Now it is back to normal. This lasted from reset and spanned about 24 hours. This means that players would only have an advantage over others if they had been playing during the time the error occurred; just like if you aren’t playing a game, you miss out on the rewards as you normally would. If you already completed the stage and collected the rewards, you are not missing out on the rewards for that stage because you’ve already collected these (we double checked that there was no need to go and redo the event with the correct requirements and earn the rewards again).

In saying that, I understand that this can cause a disadvantage to many players and I’m sorry to those who missed out. There were some discussions regarding compensation so I’ll follow up on that.

A lot of us were out of the office at the time so we did what we could :slight_smile: I think someone was planning to do a post and explain on the forums they weren’t in the office to give the full details.

6 Likes

You missed the point entirely

Some disavantages like when there was the super appearance ratio for Gnomes or when you gave 2 Arcanes instead of 1 in the Glory packs… Still it’s always the same “many players” that can’t profit of these bugs…

When you push a bug, you should accept it and correct it for the next week, if the bug is related to a weekly event.
And I don’t see the issue with a much easier Invasion week… at least, it provides some stats about how players want to play it if the requirements are lower.

10 Likes

Thats their style - ignore whats being said and instead substitute something else.

Reality of change - stage 8 was cleared after the changes and was declared collected instantly, even though it was not collected.

Ticket will be sent and ignored as usual

Not really. Whatever we say, someone gets annoyed or someone is unahappy or someone doesn’t like it, so it makes me feel very limited it what I can say to you as a community. There is a few likes on my post, so, perhaps I have helped at least one person. Something is better than silence. :slight_smile:

If a stage was completed but you did not have a chance to collect it before the correction, it will be available again once your guild reaches the new requirement.

Also, I forgot to add to my last post.

A developer noticed the problem before the first invasion event. They fixed it in the code so it wouldn’t be an issue. However, just before the current Invasion Event, Sirrian noticed the issue again and rushed to fix it with a tool we have - a little bit of a temporary fix which we avoid unless it’s urgent (fixing something directly in the code is always better); not knowing it was already fixed. Thus, the event was released twice as easy. We needed to fix it to avoid further complication and confusion so that the next Invasion event wasn’t different again next time as well. We’re really sorry this happened. It was caused by an honest communication issue that could have been avoided, and naturally will be in the future.

7 Likes

And this is where several players got screwed, I’d imagine. If the event had been correct from the start, my guild would have finished it sometime this week. However, we completed the event on the first day, and nearly all of the players in the guild collected their rewards. Some did not.

You just casually toss out “once your guild reaches the new requirement” as if that’s going to happen. All of the power hitters in the guild have their rewards. Most of the players, period, have their rewards. You think that they are going to continue playing the event to get two or three of us the rewards we missed out on? I suspect not. I’m hard-pressed to ask my guildmates to spend their gems to buy tiers to get me rewards they’ve already gotten, and even if I did ask, I doubt full participation would be forthcoming. I certainly can’t complete the final tiers by myself, or with the help of the other couple of people that didn’t get the rewards in time.

So one outcome of this error and your response to it is that several people playing in top guilds will not be able to get the rewards they would have gotten otherwise. Or do I misunderstand the situation?

13 Likes

Unfortunately yet again your statement is untrue.

'As clearly stated 'Reality of change - stage 8 was cleared after the changes and was declared collected instantly, even though it had not been collected earlier.

Ticket will be sent and ignored as usual’

Stage 9 was also cleared after the changes, and was also declared collected even though it had not been earlier.

it appears that clearing stages gives no rewards now for many which means players have been cheated of rewards. You have renumbered them so that many stage rewards have been lost to players, and earlier stages which were collected are now renumbered as ones which had not been reached.

That means the earlier stage rewards have NOT been given, a fact you are well aware of but are determined to obfuscate.

You are so like Sutherland, incapable of readily admitting the obvious, that it is impossible to expect genuine helpful responses anymore on this site.

Do support tickets get ignored? Or are you just being hyperbolic amd difficult? I agree that this was fumbled spectacularly but I understand that support is very good from this game.

3 Likes

I’m still dealing with raid week 1 and before because of the determination to ignore posted in game reality from the customer removal department.

Care to explain what you are saying? That all sounds like gibberish to me

seems pretty clear to me…

Oh, I get it, you don’t English purty good. Its ok, I forgive you.

1 Like

Why do we need to claim rewards? Same for the seals why can’t they make it automatically go in your mails when your team finished a guild stage?

I mean it’s already working that way for individual invasion rewards, so i guess it should be easy to make it happen for guild also?

It would also be easier to see what orbs you won if you want to check back later
Cause sometime i click too quick and forget to check :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Getting a mail every time I do something that rewards seals would get obnoxious fast, especially on Mondays when it’s already sometimes rough keeping up with LTs before we hit the 30-mail limit.

That said, I prefer the way it is now. I can claim everything with one click.