Invasion rewards requiring too few tower kills

It shouldn’t have been fixed in the middle of the event.

1 Like

I’m just disappointed every other update came out with a bang and this came out with a flop.

No compensation or anything, I feel for the little guilds who are missing out be were they going to finish Anyways anf were top guilds not going to finish it?

I think this really affects nothing at all.

Other then me now having to play invasions instead of skipping them. Either way I would have finished all stages for the personal rewards.

2 Likes

Quite the contrary, been playing since back when repeated slip-ups like this one were apparently handled more elegantly. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Nothng at all? Whatever. You are probably in a top 10 guild so piss on the little guy. Even if you feel bad for them.

Funny people trying to justify a bug getting corrected as something bad just because they didn’t get any benefits from it, and now they get to play as usual.

Wonder if I cash my major orb clans now or on mythic week…

1 Like

I supppose, the little guilds could have benefited this week from the low numbers but what about last time, if they wouldn’t have fixed it then everyone would be mad they didn’t get it done at all because the numbers were too high.

It’s a lose/lose situation that the little guys miss out either way.

2 Likes

It’s just sloppy on the devs that they can’t get their numbers right, week after week it’s something new with the game.

And please don’t be mad at me for being in a organized guild. We are 14th not top 10. :joy:

7 Likes

I typically don’t get bothered by most of the changes or screw ups, but this one has made me frustrated. The devs made a mistake; as most have said, they should have left it for this week (most guilds getting ONE major orb is not going to break the economy, I mean really) and fixed it for the next time around. I didn’t even connect the dots that anything was wrong because this is only the second time we are doing Invasion and I honestly didn’t know it was supposed to be any different. Seeing how far my guild had got before I had even defeated any towers made me excited, and I quickly spent gems to tier 4 because I was excited to see that we might be able to make it to the last tier this week.

Newsflash to today, and all the extra gems I spent are wasted. The devs made a mistake, not us. Now, I am out 1000 gems, will not get the major orb, and won’t even get to recollect the tiers we have to complete again. The devs also offered no compensation, just a tweet.

In other words, this is total BS.

12 Likes

I think everyone is missing the bigger picture here.

3 Likes

I’m not mad about what guild you’re in. Don’t twist my words.

The bigger picture is the devs don’t test their own game. Every week new bugs and only the the tiny amount of them get fixed. Mostly ones that actually benefit players. Of course I remember the one about too HIGH number of tower kills required too, but I don’t think that the fact they patched it evens out with the new one. The issue is that they should pay more attention to what they do. Like in: We effed up the counter on 1st Invasion week - so we try to not repeat the mistake on the 2nd one.

9 Likes

Maybe they’ll send out a compensation pack to everyone. A free major orb of chaos to all of us would be cool.

A “We can’t keep our numbers straight.”gift.

1 Like

I would be surprised tbh

Constant reminder as you consider saving up for Deathknight Armor or some other great value:

We are on the 13th week of 2018. As far as I can remember, only one of those hasn’t required a mid-week patch. In the meantime, we’ve been assured there is no time for using the beta testers, and that they wouldn’t be necessary anyway because QA performs rigorous testing.

Testing so rigorous they’ve been unable to successfully deliver a routine update for nearly an entire quarter. The pattern has consistently been: “If it delivers rewards to players for easier effort, the fix is fast. If it slows down rewards, we’ll get to it when we can.”

13 Likes

Welcome to Gems of War, as of late.

What steams me is I was actually excited for this week. I loved how the weekly event and Invasions had such synergy (and with the gnome event this weekend, even more so), because they all revolved around killing red troops and farming red stones while doing so (to trait up the new Invasion troop this week).

I even bought a few tiers, because I was having a good time with it. And, now, this happened. I didn’t even know about the stages being messed up, I just collected my stuff as we went. I just thought we were doing good this week. Well, after I watched Tacet’s stream, I found out that wasn’t the case.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not mad that they fixed a problem. I’m mad, because of how they go about these things.

First, i don’t know about you guys, but I’ve noticed that when something gets messed up that benefits the player, even a little, it’s fixed in 5 seconds, but if it harms the players, well, that’s going to take some time to repair. It’s like: “Wow. Really, guys?”

The second thing is, who did this fix hurt? The little guys. What a surprise. The Top Guilds, most of them won’t know the difference. They already bought tiers up the butt to play “Look at me” on the leaderboard (which is fine, man. You guys do you). But there was probably people out there that only had 1,000 gems to their name, spent them all, because they saw their guild was doing great this week and wanted to help as much as they could. Well, now that bar has been raised, so, that 1,000 gems you just spent might not even make a dent in the overall scheme of things, especially, if you’re in a small guild. And all they really get as compensation is: “Well, it sucks to be you.” Lovely.

Now, I, myself, am not upset over spending the gems I did. I spent them because I wanted to play more this week, because I was having fun. But, for those of you that spent your hard earned gems because of the lower stages (especially if you didn’t know that they were lower), my heart goes out to you. I’m sorry you guys got a bit screwed over (in my opinion) while the rest of us higher levels probably didn’t even notice the dent in our gems after buying Tier 7. I’m really sorry, that once again, the players (especially, the little guys) have to pay for the mistakes of the devs.

21 Likes

Yep, exactly. I am a higher level, but I have a lot of lower level players in my guild and I really hope they were able to collect the rewards for the tier we were at (9 or 10 I think) before the fix.

If they really want to help the little guys here is an idea: Give an extra 10+ sigils to every player as recompense. The sigils will only help the “little guys” or the guilds who weren’t able to complete all the tiers; they really won’t help larger guilds/players, except to open up rewards that they already claimed (and the members who weren’t able to claim their rewards initially can now get them).

At least this would give guilds an extra boost to deal with the devs/QAs incompetence.

4 Likes

I noticed something is up from the first hour, stage 1-2-3 are 10-5-10 don’t seem right. The 12 stage is a lot lower (more than one thousand) than intended as well. I was hoping for an announcement for a fix, so far even after things is fixed, we got nothing.

But still, we really have to think about how this bug affect everyone? What damage is done after it is fixed? This is my opinion…

Before fix low requirements:

• high-end guilds finish it faster than before.
  • average guilds got stage 10-12 reward, which they might unable to meet if not for a bug.
  • newbie guilds got a free early stuff from stage 5-12, might not possible if this bug doesn’t happened.

After fix intended requirement:

• high-end guilds already got their reward, can’t get it twice even if they reach them again. Lose interest in playing for reward, except for fun.
  • average guilds got to play the mode again as intended. Might already have some stage 10-11 reward, but still got a chance throughout the week to try for stage 12 without feel like cheating.
  • newbie guilds might never be able to reach those higher stages again. Those who already claimed their rewards got unintended loot. Those who don’t, get to play fair and get only want they earned from their achievement.
  • everyone can again spend an equal amount of effort and gems to get all the reward they deserved.

So I think except the fact that the dev haven’t been upfront about the whole deal, there shouldn’t be an issue, right?

Edit: They do acknowledge this bug, just on twitter, not here. Wierd…

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too @TimeKnight. To me it looks like a lot of people would have gotten rewards they wouldn’t normally have gotten or just got them sooner than they nornally would have.

I didn’t collect any of the rewards before the fix so now I just have to wait til we hit each if the legitimate reward tiers to get them. Not sure how so many people feel they got screwed.

Didn’t people learn from the last time when they overspent on shop tiers on day 1 & 2? It’s an event that’s supposed to last all week, not be completed on Monday…

2 Likes

This is not an ideal scenario, but if the rewards can’t be collected again then at least it means some players won’t get too far ahead of others.

Yes, some guilds/players probably reaped some rewards they usually wouldn’t get with the right numbers while others didn’t had the same chance, but if the devs would send a compensation, in any form of resources, for everyone then the players who benefited from this mistake would be, again, benefited with more stuff…

So… now that the numbers are fixed, why not give some extra sigils to everyone? With this, any guild that already collected, (undeserved or just early), rewards won’t get too much (maybe nothing) extra, but everyone else could still try their best to get the next rewards.

Sounds reasonable @Sirrian? (or @Cyrup, @Ozball if any of you can deliver the suggestion.)

6 Likes

Because guilds that did not complete it day 1, have to put in twice the effort for the same results…

2 Likes