Information about bans

And the question to devs - why not to make fixed 1 day Vault event (every month’s last Thursday, for example)?
Similar to monthly new mythic troop…No?

@kafka Thank you for your communication regarding the vault events. Please pass this feedback along to the relevant people:

We collectively don’t like arena. The rewards are simply not worth the time invested compared to everything else in the game. This really needs to be re-tuned.

We’d like more vault events, please. And we’d like better communication about when we can expect them. It should really exist in the “Games” tab like the rest of the events so we can see when it’s scheduled.

The kingdom pass mechanic is kinda crappy right now. One, not having an actual counter somewhere in terms of how many you’ve done for the day. Two, the diminished drop rate for the second set of 5 is just annoying.

We really do not want to have our favorite event cancelled only to be substituted with one that we actively dislike. That’s just fanning the existing flame.

The best way to make it seem like the extra vault event is on the level and is actually extra is to have them two weeks in a row. Please just have them on the weekends of the 10th and 17th. Particularly because some people did see it was scheduled for the 17th and took off time for it. I’m not one of them, but I’m sympathetic to that. At least then those people can get value out of one of those weekends.

18 Likes

Kelana:
I don’t like Vault events.
My only complaint in this thread is, that I like the horribly bad communication and the constant flood of lies and false promises even less.

Who are you? You don’t like discord or vault? Outrageous! :rofl:

I get your point about the forums. Didn’t mean to say shut it down, but it’s always good to be where your players are which can be different platforms. So it would be good to have those different platforms.

That’s sadly very true. :sweat_smile:

Gangrel

Stephen Baines

This user is suspended until Feb 21, 2023 10:10 pm.
Reason: Insults and Combative Behaviour

what is this about? i got an email notifcation that he replied and clicked his name rather than see topic to see this. :point_up_2:

He must have replied to one of your messages then a(nother) suspension kicked in.

Looks like most of his recent posts have been deleted.

2 Likes

That fellow posted some copy paste threads/posts (I think, five at most) about the Vault situation. Roughly the same level of bad mood as all of us, but I guess, the way of spreading the same posting was a bit much.
3 weeks sounds very harsh for this offense though.

Sadly, I would see this as a not too unlikely result, if they spread to another place. Or at least, the amount of attention for this forum would suffer quite a bit. Not like anyone who matters really cares, but they at least still need to pretend, that this place has a use.

Another thing, that came to my mind regarding the subject of “modern player interaction” are the official Q/A livestreams, that were seemingly held for quite a while. Never seen one (I don’t like the game that much, that I would waste a night on a glorified advertisement video), so I can’t judge, if that was any more useful or reliable, than our riddlesome oracle mods, who channel the intentions of the gods, but essentially that sounds the same as your suggested monthly chat hour.

Not liking Vault weekends for me comes from the fact, that I am trying my best not to burn out on this game, and my energy level in general is far from where it was five or more years ago.
If I try to play those weekends at least halfway reasonable, it means losing a lot of ground.

Not liking Discord is a mixture of multiple factors, mostly the fact, that I had a very, very bad experience with the german support team when (unsuccessfully) trying to create an account and that the few peeks, I had before my browser would not run the site anymore, were a horribly overladen mess with a tiny chatbox cramped between a bunch of menues, that I could not get rid of; and as mentioned a demand of processing power and (with the download version) HD space, that I just don’t see justified for a chat. Maybe some day, they decide to publish a text-only light version, and I’ll pay attention again.
Like I said, I’m rather an IRC guy, maybe TS if I’m really feeling fancy.

2 Likes

There area always outliers. I’m sure there are people who legit like arena. My “collectively” at the top was meant to encompass my entire post. Summarizing what I saw as the majority of the complaints since the announcement.

1 Like

I’ll say again: it’s boggling that the “extra vault” compensation wasn’t delivered swiftly after the bannings. Why is this still dragging on 2+ months later?

Back-to-back Vault weekends would have been an excellent and unambiguous way to deliver an extra vault; but instead here we are again with “well we moved Vault a week earlier and you’ll get an extra Vault, um, soon? hopefully? Kingdom event schedule allowing? but it’ll definitely be extra, yeah. and btw hope you like Arena because you’re definitely getting an extra one of those.”

It’s all so frustratingly antagonistic; like, wouldn’t you rather close the door on this whole episode rather than dragging out the “so when is the extra Vault then” questioning into a third month?

16 Likes

Sadly, there’s people that always disagree just to be a contrarian.

5 Likes

As a special treat so that users won’t have to suffer two back to back vault events we bring you ARENA.

YOU’RE WELCOME.

6 Likes

What attention? :sweat_smile:
Yeah, they need people who are actually active in the community more than anything.

I watched one or two streams with Salty, one with Jeto - no offense but their gameplay was extremely painful to watch. If the others play the game the same way it’s no wonder they don’t get the wants and needs of their players.

I was just joking but yeah, I get that. Some people play it extensively, I am usually in the middle somewhere.

That sounds odd. Not a problem I have. I also run discord on my mobile, not on the computer. Can’t say if it’s any different there. Doesn’t seem to be a problem on mobile.

IRC has been a long time ago for me. Good times.

But Discord can do a lot of things, and pretty well. We’re using quite a few bots, for example, that add a lot of functionality to the servers. IRC is too long ago for me to remember, TS couldn’t do half as much with servers you paid for as discord can that you can use for free.

I doubt they’ll offer a text only version as the whole idea is to have everything gamers may want in one place. Text and voice chat, live streaming, bot integration, lots of options to configure your server so it fits your needs…

Our big alliance couldn’t do without to be honest.

I do understand not liking it even though I personally love it.

Just publish a calendar for 2023 events, I triple dare you.

That 2nd Vault event will be moved to late Feb/early March (we will post the exact date as soon as it’s 100% confirmed).

Ah, you don’t have a calendar. You make up events at the last moment.

6 Likes

They say they care if players are happy and that’s why they won’t have vault events during kingdom pass because a bug they fixed but they don’t seem to care about a graphic bug that causes lag in mobile.

3 Likes

Some folks used to like arena before they fixed it. New kingdoms used to be fun too. Folks would open chests they had been saving for months. Now it is a tedious daily chore chasing nonsense. I have been playing wars week because that is fun. New factions and TOD are ok. vault events seem to be non existent after the new orbs came out. the rest of the game is a chore and not fun. I have seen lots of people retire lately and others cut way back.

8 Likes

“Thank you for the info” is a good place to start as some info is better than no info, but what is contained within that info is a whole can of worms…

Whoever came up with the brilliant stupid idea of putting Vault and Bounty on the same weekend? If you knew there was never going to be two Vaults in a row, you should’ve left things as was (Bounty this week, Vault next week), instead of creating the mess that we have now - not only does it make you look incompetent and not particularly smart but also malicious towards the playerbase.

And no Vault event during kingdom pass? As far as I recall, it worked without problems when we last had them together…but then again - it was a long time ago, maybe I don’t remember those olden days correctly anymore, my memory is not what it used to be when I was young.
Frankly, it simply smells of an excuse not to run a Vault event altogether.

I must say that all the “it is extra vault weekend” sound pretty much like whispering one Bloody Mary, two Bloody Mary, three Bloody Mary - repeat it enough times in the hopes of making it true.

A little thought experiment

Summary

Let’s go by the six week Vault event gap

Jan 13 - kingdom pass, event removed, replaced with Arena
Feb 10 - “extra” Vault event added on Bounty weekend
Feb 17 - scheduled Vault event replaced with Arena due to “extra” Vault weekend on Feb 10; Vault (hopefully) rescheduled to take 2-3 weeks later which happens to be during kingdom pass and thus will be removed, replaced with Arena;
Mar 31 -
May 12 - presumed Adana kingdom rework pass, Vault event reshuffled, namely, removed and replaced with Arena
Jun 23 -
Aug 4 -
Sep 15 -
Oct 27 -
Dec 12 -

Well, 6 weeks into new year we already seem to be three normal Vault events down, plus one “extra” Vault event added…is it really a surprise that nobody, no player sees where is the “extra” in extra Vault event?

21 Likes

The last time vault event was cancelled an arena event took its place. Arena should have never become an event because most folks despise it. Even the ones that play it only do so for a chance at deeds. Not sure why the push stuff most folks do not like. Moving a vault event that was scheduled up a week is not an extra vault event. There is so much stuff comin in March with new Kingdom that they will not have room for a vault event so saying we will get one is just crazy talk. There will be room for Arena of course but no room for an event to get you any of those new Orbs or dragonite.

7 Likes

Your words are the exact opposite to whomever is actually in charge actions are. Please get your information from a more legitimate source moving forward.
Screenshot_20230208_165336_Discord

6 Likes

The postings I see here these days again, where people complain about having to reschedule work or their social contacts because of the changes about if and when Vault Events take place, honestly leave me scared.
I’m certainly not an example for a successful life and am housing my fair share of mental defects myself, so I can’t judge, if that is still in the range of normality, but I would not want to end up there.

2 Likes

Some of us have to work 1-3 jobs, pay for house or apartment, family, do sports and other social gatherings and try to schedule their rare free time around this game. Some of us even started Gems Of War only because it used to be possible to play a few minutes here and there whenever possible.

So there’s no need to harass other players when you clearly don’t know anything about their life (schedule).

Just saying …

5 Likes