Immortals Sweepstakes!

Ah I see. Thought that number seemed a bit high.

Didn’t actually click on that link before today :rofl:

1 Like

10 Immortal Titanius souls just arrived in in-game mail :heart:

2 Likes

I somehow had the impression it was supposed to be Glaycia souls. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m happy with that, Titanius was the one I was missing.

4 Likes

I just checked in all my mail, this message included, but as yet my Resource Wallet begs to differ on how many I have in total…

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Apparently 10 Immortal Souls is equivalent to obtaining the Troop. So they basically gave everybody a free Mythic!

Given how Immortals work they rather gave everybody a free common troop that needs a few hundred more copies to make mythic. Still, a freebie is a freebie, so no complaints.

3 Likes

Only to those who didn’t already own it. Meanwhile, I opened 2 more burning chests yesterday and it’s back to silver marks and a silver icon. What a bunch of bs.

7 Likes

Did you ever get a copy of the winners list?

Noooooo 10 chars.

1 Like

Is there still time for me to make a request too? Has it been four weeks since end of entry period?

Also was this total number of entries listed/visible?

Still visible at the closed sweepstake page
https://gleam.io/W2uV8/gems-of-war-the-immortals-giveaway

2 Likes

The link is forever visible, but the even has ended as shown in the screenshot.

As for the Winners List @Maisie, I can DM you here on the forum and request your invite code and let you know if you were a part of that list?
But we will not be sharing the entire list itself as it includes personal contact details.

I have passed on feedback to the team who set up the event, to change the wording in the T&C’s from including wording about sharing a winners list, to being able to confirm if you were on the winners list.

But all winners from the sweepstakes were emailed with the email they listed, and all that provided invite codes have also already received their rewards.

I assume it was worded that way due to certain countries being more sensitive about illegal lotteries than others. This i believe was purely sweepstakes based with no cash purchasing. But that being said, a person’s data is just as valuable as say Dragonite is in game.
It’s unfortunate that the TOS was altered after so many participated in good faith. But as I learned as a child from Star Wars. Those with the power do whatever serves them best whenever or however they want.

4 Likes

That’s understandable, but at the same time: that’s not what the T&Cs that participants agreed to at entry actually say. That said: no, no need for a DM confirmation and no, I’m not chasing you for the list any further. :slight_smile:

It just struck me as … odd? … that the sweepstakes launched with such a fanfare of posts everywhere but then ended in silence. No “thanks for entering, congratulations to our lucky winners, 10 Immortal Souls for everyone” post; just crickets.

4 Likes

Ahh, yep I understand - I had been posting updates on our twitter and facebook, but it appears none of those were getting cross shared here as well.

We have another event coming up with another Gleam event - and I’ll make not to make sure that information is also shared here on the forums.

2 Likes

I never received any emails from the sweepstakes platform, not even the one confirming I entered the contest - most likely my email provider blocked it outright (spam empty). Are you trying to say that not everyone who won responded to your message? And, in any future thingies of this sort - how do I make sure that my email provider doesn’t do it again?

This contest started with the feeling that this was an attempt to harvest and sell our data. Not disclosing who the actual winners are makes it feel like that theory was correct.
The more I think about your response the more I’m upset by it.

• Mainly due to only needing to identify 30 first and last names. We don’t know need any more details than that.
  • Individuals only having 72 hours to claim the prize. It’s a digital prize, why such a finite time.
  • Very little effort done to notify prize winners.
  • Finally, each participant gave consent to disclose their information in the TC.

So the unwillingness for a company to consent after the individual does is very sketchy. This is a bad look when the game (and 98% of live service games) can’t afford anything but positivity currently.

13 Likes

https://gleam.io/W2uV8/gems-of-war-the-immortals-giveaway

Looks like the full list was already shared before I could follow up

did someone of your staff know at least something?
is there no communication at all?
sorry, but that is already comedy

2 Likes