How Did You Find Gems Of War?

I felt I needed more diversity in my phone games, and this seemed like a nice casual game that showed up on the store, somewhere between Candy Crush and a CCG (and boy I love CCGs, Candy Crush, not so much).

In the end I satyed because it had the nice features of a casual game all while having a “collect them all” strong aspect.
A shame it’s so hard lately to collect them all, with the mythics cards being so rare. But hey, a crafting system is under way, let’s wait and see !

6 Likes

When I bought my xbox one, i was checking the free to play games and GOW looked interesting

2 Likes

Last year I was playing a game called Puzzle and Glory that was a Card Match 3 game. It was made by Sega and they stopped supporting it and went away March 17th. So a few days before my guild mates and I started searching for a new game and this was game was the closest game that we found. One of the biggest reasons I stayed was that the Developers are very friendly, and helpful towards the community. Also they are very passionate to the game to make it better so the game lasts for years.

2 Likes

It showed up on Steam as a recommendation based on other games I have. Love it so much, I installed on my phone so I can play wherever I go!

1 Like

I saw Faunessa’s picture being used into a fanmade Magic the Gathering Satyr token, and the token in question had “Gems of War” in the artist spot. Used some Googlefu and here i am since then.

2 Likes

I love that word☺ im stealing it😈

2 Likes

I was looking for free games in steam and steam did me that game, I saw that it was done by the creators of puzzle quests (games I love) and here I am, more than a year later.

1 Like

I actually was in a very dark time. Life had hit me with a lot of garbage at the same time and my normal games didn’t give me a very good out. (I normally play TD games or MMORPGS). So a friend suggeted this (He was playing on PS4 before switching to mobile) So i picked it up thinking how will this help me? 4 months later and I’m happy i found this game and the folk playing this game. Got through a lot of personal demons and smashing the few that remain

9 Likes

Looked for ‘free games’ in ps store. Tried it. Cool. Played it again when i didn’t have the energy to play ea (*spits on floor) hockey, or other intense games. Found an interesting guild, got hooked.

Ok, i’ll buy a daily gem deal, thanks dev’s. Found forum. Who’s this @Sirrian guy? Developer interaction? :open_mouth: (*thinks of ea and spits on floor).

6 months later i’m lvl 800+, vip 4 :confused:

4 Likes

PAX AUS 2015, babyyyyy…!

5 Likes

I know I found it on my iPhone by looking in the store, but I honestly don’t know how I got to it. I also don’t really remember what leaped out to me and made me want to try it. Does anyone remember how they stumbled upon it when searching? Or what, besides “made by Puzzle Quest team”, drew them in? That seems like so long ago!

1 Like

I got bored with grinding in Diablo III. I went to the Steam Store to search for something new. Based on previous purchases and searches, GoW was in my recommended que. I checked it out, had fun, got addicted and I can’t afford to go to a rehab center. So you’re stuck with me.

11 Likes

This made me lololol😂

2 Likes

I loved puzzle quest and came across this game. I usually get bored in a couple months of a game but here its been close to a year and still very much addicted!!
The people help too i guess :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I marked other. I am an achievement hunter and first noticed the game on TrueAchievements.com. I took a look at the achievements and noticed that there was a pretty good TA ratio (i.e. a sign of the rarity of the achievements) and it also looked like the game was a reasonably doable completion, so I bit the bullet and started the game up. I was originally planning on stopping the game after getting all the achievements but it was too fun to give up. Bottom line, achievements were what drew me into the game, and I recommend the devs keep adding more periodically.

3 Likes

I played all the Puzzle Quest games I ever saw, and I love a good Puzzle RPG. At first when Gems of War came out, I figured it was probably just a fantasy version of Marvel Puzzle Quest. When the patch came out where hero classes were added, I thought, “Ooh. Actual RPG stuff. Intriguing!” So I decided it was worth a try, and I got addicted.

1 Like

First heard of it on an Xbox release feed when it was released for Xbox One (November 2015 I think). Loved the original PQ, so tried it out right away. Played it for a little and then switched to mobile when I found out that the two systems were separate. I totally would have started playing before that on mobile had I known of this game’s existence.

Oh, and independently, a friend recommended it to me that same week too. Seems like simply releasing it on Xbox gave Gems the publicity it needed to reach me.

2 Likes

I played PQ1 and 2. GoW fell far short of what I was expecting when it first launched, and it still doesn’t stand up to how fun PQ games were, but it’s taking some good steps.

I really miss hero customization. I liked intentionally stacking lots of health and spell resist. GoW seriously lacks customization and player choice, IMO. An even bigger turn off is all of this devour and deathmark crap. Instagib mechanics ALWAYS anger me because we have this system of attack strength and life and it all goes out the window to dice rolls…

Alas, there aren’t any games that hold my attention besides rocket league and GoW.

3 Likes

Oh man, I played the heck out of Puzzle Quest 1 and 2. Then this came out on IOS and that was that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I stumbled upon it in the PSN store and thought it looked cool and well I was hooked :smile:

1 Like