How are we all feeling about Gems of War now? Let’s review!

I know exactly why and just don’t feel the need to point it out, I don’t blame you.

1 Like

And you will see me even less here after this episode that just occured. Accused for something falsley as being nasty to people, is the last straw for me really.

1 Like

That could be why you are losing so often, too much mana block abd the banner is lowering your brown mana intake, try,
Hellcat
Alchemist
Infernus
Whoever , weekly event bonus troop. It has way better control.

3 Likes

Such a shame, I always looked forward to your insight, too bad your aren’t on ps4, I think you’d have a blast in our guild.

4 Likes

Thank you, Santandrix. Vangor always talked good about you. :blush:

3 Likes

You’re welcome man, and I hope you stick around!

8 Likes

I am not losing, just saying the AI extra turns are getting out of hand. 82% win rate always 3 trophy PVP. I was in a top 10 guild and have seen a lot of long time players quit the game over this.

It can’t be that out of hand with a 82% win rate… Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose… I think it’s your bad luck that’s out of hand rather than the AI extra turns…

Also, wouldn’t you consider you winning 82% of the battles as being out of hand?
The random luck/bad luck works for both sides, it just hurts more when it’s against you.

So are the numbers real, or is it exaggerated with bots by the devs?

1 Like

I apologize, I had you mixed up with someone else. Long day at work making me cranky :sunglasses:

1 Like

My defense for the week to help with points.

1 Like

Still below 90%, you’ve got room for improvement :wink:

2 Likes

dabom
…xD

1 Like

Considering most people would have to do more battles than that to finish weekly event it seems totally realistic to me.

1 Like

Just the usual developer comment here to say the AI isn’t cheating. For one;

Tuning a game to such a fine detail to make it sometimes cheat but not always is a lot of work and I don’t see how a game company could get anything out of that (I can see someone quoting this post and arguing their point of view, which is fine, but this is just my opinion!).

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210140183-Does-the-AI-Cheat- Is an oldy but a goodie and still holds true. Detailed info on the tests we did to ensure that the AI wasn’t programmed to be cheating against the player (we knew it wasn’t but wanted to make sure after all your requests!)

AI getting too many drops on console, still? - #21 by Saltypatra A list from Salty regarding how the AI works in various situations

Post from Sirrian in here regarding cheating AI.

Help center article which also goes into some detail on tests. I hope these are useful to you.

I’m not sure if talking about the AI cheating in 3.3. is on topic as the AI hasn’t been changed this update? (Serious, not rhetorical/sassy question).

5 Likes

Well just today, I had the raid boss at around level 200 make a 3 match, got another, then a 5 match perfectly along the top. After that another extra turn and casted on my god killer. This was also the turn immediately after his cast axed my hero. Now the ai isn’t always lucky. But one way or another, it happens too much and leaves you with little, if any chance to win. When players get it, we really don’t need it as we plan ahead and strategize effectively. Lucky drops are unnecessary unless we are backed against the wall, often from the ai going off like with goblins.

I would rather both player and the ai got less lucky drops but the ai could be made to be more strategic and making dumb moves that magically turn into extra turn skydrops is a little suspicious. Not exactly cheating perhaps, but definitely unfair to one who plans ahead. It’s like a master poker player losing because some kid keeps getting a straight or flush. Then when he has a full house, he gets beaten by a royal flush that was a freakin fluke.

4 Likes

Today I was so fed up with doing Raid that when AI had such luck as described by @KYLENATOR001 I actually thought: “good, it ends quickly”. It gets hard to bring myself to do those battles. And I explicitly don’t want to change guilds. I am still here only because I like people from my guild - if not for them I would have quit a few months ago (around the new UI introduction). That’s when I made this forum account - I did it to express my EXTREME dissatisfaction with the changes. It’s kind of sad when the only positive thing I can think of (that came with all those updates) is introduction of “Play Again” button. I don’t count gnomes because with all the nerfing and tinkering the positive experience was mostly spoiled.

4 Likes

So gnomes are back tomorrow, I’m pretty excited their back and have some vailt keys saved.

Now hopefully the devs deliver on making vaults feel a little more special with the rewards given out.

:crossed_fingers:We’ll find out tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone gnome hunting and Easter egg hunting this weekend.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard of any buffs in regards to gnomes yet? Hopefully it doesn’t reduce encounter rate to keep the economy healthy. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I have pretty much given up this week. I login, do my dungeons and that’s it. I think it’s time to walk away. The game has turned into a job and lost its fun factor for me. I can’t stand raid/invasion/bounty, the valraven can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

2 Likes