How are we all feeling about Gems of War now? Let’s review!

Thank you so much!!! Now if we can all be civil, then let’s carry on and help to make this game better.

Can we hit 150 votes???

1 Like

It is not like this discussion was going anywhere even before it got dark…

1 Like

I’m sure this has been said… but I don’t like the pay to win aspect of the weekly event, coupled with the chance to win an awful orb. Wisdom orb is good… the others are… nothing that I ever need.

It’s the whole timesink isn’t worth the rewards for me.

2 Likes

Waiting for the Bounty mode reveal post before commenting any further on the matter.

Didn’t Salty say the post would be up by the normal news reveal time? We’re a couple hours past that now. The actual event starts in under 6 hours from this post.

1 Like

From the last streaming.

Close to release could mean 5 minutes before the event starts :thinking:.

1 Like

I would like to time jump 24 months into the future and see all the people raging who have all the orbs necessary to craft Zuul…except orbs of growth. This is a definite thing that’s coming and my main gripe with the game currently. In 24 months many people will have enough ascension and wisdom orbs to craft 8 power orbs, but only enough growth orbs to craft maybe 2.

How could anyone with half a brain release a new currency into the game with each component having equal drop chance but one of the components you need 500% more of them than the others?

3 Likes

my orb count says otherwise! I have 2 orbs of clans also, but could not get them all in the same screenshot.

1 Like

I doubt this will be the case. I already have 2 major growth orbs and none of the other majors. You assume they all have equal chance to appear but that’s never been stated to my knowledge. Also, of all the orbs, growth will likely be the least used whereas the others will, so you’ll likely naturally have more left over than the others.

Perhaps the devs realized this as well & designed it this way on purpose so we had time to use some of the other orbs while waiting to get enough growths?

1 Like

Because that’s what someone with half a brain would do if they wanted to create an intentional bottleneck for players to deal with as the limiting factor in the crafting recipe.

Given equal distribution, a player would need to get an equal number of other types of orbs as wasteful inefficiencies while accumulating enough orbs of growth to pass through the bottleneck.

One can see similar intentional wasteful inefficiencies in place in the recipes for converting minor orbs to major ones (such as needing 4 minor orbs of wisdom to craft 1 major orb of wisdom, when 3 minor orbs acts as functionally similar to the 1 major of wisdom, “wasting” 1 minor orb in the conversion).

1 Like

Okay, after seeing the Bounty mode, that’s it, I’m done.

No, I’m not qutting, but I am done spending gems on all this ridiculous stuff. I “played along” for the first couple of weeks, because the modes were new and it was something different. I knew the tiers weren’t worth it, but I bought them anyway, because, hey, I can live a little. The modes were new and I was just about having fun.

But, now, after 3 separate (but way too similar) Gem sinks, I’m done. I’m not throwing my gems down the black hole you call a “Shop” anymore. But, don’t worry though, devs, you’ll still get all my gems, anyway. Because, once a month I throw them down a black hole at the chance of getting a new Mythic. And, Chuck knows, that those rarely come easy to me.

But, as far as the Shop in the new game modes go, I’m done. I can’t just sit here and pretend I’m not getting screwed out of my gems every week. I let you have them this time, because it was all new and I just threw caution to the wind and decided to have a little fun. But, I won’t do this every week. I refuse.

That all being said, if you rework the game modes (make the tiers cheaper, or the rewards better), I may reconsider. But, for now, I’m out.

Also, I know that me saying this, that hundreds of us saying this doesn’t mean a lick of difference. You’ll still make money, and either we’ll just straight up quit or spend as little as possible in this game. Either way, in the end, ultimately, you’ll win and we, the players, still lose

Like I said before… I haven’t truly enjoyed this game in quite some time. I guess I’ll just have to settle for finding it mildly entertaining now. Which, I suppose, is okay. I have plenty of other games to spend more of my time (and money) on.

Also, my apologies to other players reading this. I know it’s a bit rant-y. I’m just frustrated with the game, as of late.

12 Likes

No need to apologise to the players, we didn’t change the game for the worse causing you to say what you’ve said.

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said.

However I must admit I’m having more fun now than I was before with all the new, albeit similar game modes. But like you I refuse to spend gems on any of them.

Keeping gems and getting a few rubbish rewards is better that spending gems and getting a few more rubbish rewards.

Maybe one day the Devs will learn what gem value truly is. It’s strange they charge an arm and a leg for them with real money, but then in return for them they give you lacklustered rewards.

4 Likes

If you were here ten hours ago you’d know this isn’t the thread to do apologies, so no worries. :smirk:

7 Likes

Maybe if they somehow managed to pull off cross platform play there will be enough end game players left to run a number of competitive guilds.

2 Likes

I know. I read. Lol.

I apologized because I don’t want to be one of those guys just yelling at people to change things that they won’t. Basically, I don’t like being the “angry rant” type. But, it happens. More so with this game than anything else I’ve played in the last year.

And, funny enough, I didn’t start complaining until the new UI. That’s actually when I made this account. It was the first time I felt unhappy enough to express those feelings. And sadly, it hasn’t gotten any better. I’m still as unhappy now as I was then, probably even more so, because as they add new things, this game seems to be getting worse, not better, overall. In my opinion.

Yes, there are better “things” in it, like us getting the kingdom names on the troops and getting a replay button in Explore. But, overall, I do not think this is better.

The last major thing I liked when introduced was the weekly events and Glory Reward troops. But, even those they’ve messed with (making the events take more stones, and reducing the bonuses to only 10% each).

And, the thing that put me on the “hate bandwagon” was the new UI and all the gem nerfs. They reversed the Guild Task one a bit after backlash, but that’s it. We still have this crappy UI, less gems in Guild Tasks, none in Legendary Tasks, less from GW (as it’s only once every 3 weeks), and now 3 new game modes that eat gems like crazy.

So, tell me, how has this game really improved, as a whole, since those nerfs and New UI introduction? I don’t believe it has, outside of a few minor improvements.

8 Likes

So how are bounties looking?

Should I spend some gems in the shop or is it not worth the hassle?

Just started here. I’m only investing enough to clear all stages. Anyone know what that might be?

1 Like

Let me know how you make out, it seems aweful high and may likely be a number error, just like the issue invasions had.

I wonder if that’s the case and it’s the weekend, if it would even get fixed.

@Mithran , have you checked their calculations yet?

1 Like

Seems if you get all 4 new bounty troops and put them together you breeze thru rewards easily. Just spend enough to get the 4.

1 Like

Anyone else notice the St. Patrick’s Day sale?

Smart. Have us spend all our gems on Raids, Invasion, and Bounty. Then, they “conveniently” are running a Gem sale for the holiday.

Uh, huh… Yeah. Does anyone else smell Salmon?

5 Likes