How am I supposed to report this bug?

My game crashed and I received this message, asking me to send in some files:

bilde

Then I submitted a ticket including the files from the appropriate folder and got this response:

bilde

Should I have posted the files here?

Kind regards, Bad

See the ā€œsomehow itā€™s pinned but not at the topā€ topic ā€œChanges in Bug Reportsā€.

Also maybe bump my thread pointing out it is clearly ā€œpinnedā€ but not at the top.

ā€œit would be great if youā€™d send it to the developer of the gameā€

I am not reporting a bug, I am trying to answer an error message where I am asked, by the devs, to send a folder on my computer containing 3 files. This is no big deal for me personally, my problems was fixed by a restartā€¦ But if I am to believe that the devs really would like to receive my 3 files, then I would like to know how I send these files to them. AFAIK I canā€™t attach them here. I am just trying to be nice and helpfullā€¦

1. Itā€™s very likely that is a default error message. If the GoW devs actually worked on that it would either tell you a specific process to follow or it would say TRANSLATE_ERROR_MESSAGE.
  2. The current way to report things to the devs is to follow the thread I linked. As far as I can tell, if you file any support tickets through ZenDesk now, they are auto-closed with the message you got.

Not quite, if you file a ticket as a Bug Report, it will be closed. All other Request Types except Game Feedback/Questions are fine. :slight_smile:

If you would like us to compensate you for the battle you can contact support here (Try Request Type Missing Rewards or Technical Issue). If you have the output_log.txt file and other files inside the crash directory, you can send those to us. Weā€™ve got a few on this issue so if itā€™s too much work no worries.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and sent some rewards/compensation to your game now anyway. They will appear in your mail from Support.

@cyrup thanks for the compensation, which obviously wasnā€™t needed but of course itā€™s greatly apprecaited. I will try to send the file in question using ā€œtechnical issueā€.

1 Like