Holiday Event: Krinklemas

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/holiday-event-krinklemas/

Holiday Event For the next 2 weeks we will have the Krinklemas event. Win Battles against Glacial Peaks Enemies to earn Ice Crystals that can be spent in the Event Shop for Rewards. New Legendary Troop: Kris Krinkle The featured reward in the Krinklemas is the Legendary Troop, Kris Krinkle. Other Rewards Other rewards available…

5 Likes

I sure do like that winter armor :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for the new event and the event pet. It expires in 24 hours so players who will not play today might have a problem with getting 31st copy.

2 Likes

Pretty sure you get it on your first login during the calendar. Same as the monthly calendar.

2 Likes

Questions:
Will the Golden pet be mythic when we unlock it with event currency?

The bonus event currency you can get using the golden battle, does this depend on your battles’ levels/power ups?

No, its a flat +10
Also plainly acts as a normal sigil so will still increase your level every 5 battles, no need to save them for later.

Highly unlikely, its one copy for 200 event currency so mega expensive to buy with gems but its only cosmetic too.
Get 31 copies for buying the golden currency though, so it still acts the same as every other pet

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah, thought so for the pet. Should also have asked if we can get it to mythic with event currency - though I highly doubt anyone would.

Yeah you can, its just expensive though.
500 currency to get the initial pet.
Then 200 per copy after that, 31 copies needed to mythic
6700 event currency for both pets. But the Gold one is purely cosmetic.

On the other hand its the cheapest pet I’ve seen to buy to mythic with cash, so that’s a nice pivot away from Legends reborn pricing.

Also Kafka did elude to the golden pet being in a rescue at some point. But I would ask for confirmation before relying on that.

clever…

either 6700 event currency to max the gold one…

or spend $10 to max it with Golden Holiday Battles offer.

better than Legends Reborn I guess.

Seems like a perfect use for Orbs of Minions. I’ll be stopping at one copy of the Golden pet, most likely.

Sadly, all those $10 FOMO purchases will likely encourage yet more of this behavior in the future.

4 Likes

How much event currency do these bundles cost?

See Krinklemas.

1 Like

In short, way too much. :sweat_smile:

White Pet food are pretty much useless, golden pet are just cosmetics collector thing, so it doesn’t matter. Want to get Medal of Anu, but 700 is too much, especially after I have to buy traitstones first. And I rather craft Orb of Chaos in Soulforge with Cursed Runes inside of spending 750 for them here.

And on that note, Cursed Runes is now useful again after Orb update. After you get all the exclusive thing, the best use for them might be crafting a Major Orb of Chaos. I did a few last week, and get one Forge from them. Saved a lot of gems instead of buying 55 Forge Scrolls.

2 Likes

I’ll get Krinkle once and then use an orb on him to ascend him like I did with Carmina. Then since I got the orb of power last time i’ll just focus on the pets and food. This way I won’t have to spend any gems on extra battles or only have to do it a few times.

I just saw there is an info text about the golden battle energy. Whitish on a bright background. Amazing! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Now THAT is a rare sight!

800 cost = 40 battles or less, so if you play 3 battles daily then that’s 42 battles over 2 weeks so you can actually farm one Orb of Power without any Gem spending.

I notice there is a green “+” button on the golden event sigil (what was it called again) but it didn’t seem to do anything at all when tapped.

Wait wait wait how many people need more power orbs? But yes, I guess if you need one can farm one without gems.

Everyone who wants to craft a Zuul’Goth (and whatever other Troop(s) specifically require them as crafting materials) ?

Well I meant when everything that can be made from power orbs is done what then? I would never used them on a troop ever.

They will probably continue to add around 1 new 8x power orb troop per year. That’s just speculation, but they should want to keep them desirable so people will chase leaderboards etc.

2 Likes