Here's What a Minecraft Producer Says About Gems of War

You mean the 2% chance for Power Orbs for $10.
(Because that’s why it happened.)

If the shrine didn’t exist, then neither would the 1% chance. Otherwise the 1% chance would have always been a part of Major Chaos Orbs rather than implemented at exactly the same time as when the Shrines were rolled out.

8 Likes

The gnome tracker.

But I agree with the overall sentiment. Pity keys aren’t enough to make up for all the rest.

1 Like

Update reminding us all that despite the dirty monetization tactics and overpriced “deals,” GoW is still a game worth playing :smile:

8 Likes

So basically…
giphy (4)

6 Likes

Oh, really? They’ve made a game now that has an energy system?

I did download PQ3 the other day but haven’t checked it out yet. Thanks for letting me know, I’m uninstalling and never looking at it again.

I still play GoW because there are things I want to complete but this monetization is getting extremely out of hand. Looking forward to the day when I can treat this game like a Faction - once finished, never look at it again.

1 Like

This all started with the got to have that power orb no matter what the cost. They will sell you like 2000 gems for $100 but folks will easily drop 20k gems in an event. Sorry but power orbs are not worth $1000 especially when you need 8 of them. Some folks can’t do math I guess.

2 Likes

Because i saw there where no in your face ads, no stamina and 400 types of resources. I said this game is cool i like it i will buy this armor pack.

1 Like

Trying to figure out how Gems of War made money in 2016 was the best puzzle game available.
Ruined quickly by the 2017, 2018, ect… Editions.

5 Likes

Let us have a new conversation then. Not why won’t we all invite, but why we won’t all leave. Because of our Guilds, because of our friends. That’s why I came back. The Game is the Game. Spend money, don’t spend money. The next player we get in might be a tightwad like me, or a high roller. We get enough players in thru that door, an increase in foot traffic. Prices gotta come down, unless the Devs are stoopid.

I’ll absorb all that stoopid with me, Word Salad Man. Embrace it, eat it up. I hate Salad. I get my salad on my whopper doble con queso. That’s all the salad i need.

Xbox run a promo to draw in young-ins, we have to be able to communicate with them. I’m 51, not fifty cent. I’m just trying to relate, not make more cringe. Already 2 much cringe in the world…

And yet I smile…

For there is a training opportunity, a learning opportunity. Did anyone reach out to this individual? I was on a break, fighting the wolves of Mid-Gard. Fun game, strong recommend.

Monetization? Its a part of all games.

An alt of mine, let’s call him Noob-Noob (not his real name, obvee) (obviously), started +/- in April 2020. By October, he’s battling it out in…i can check my data, i’m not some Gamer nerd (Um, yes i am): :grinning:

I don’t have files on every GW battle, or even every GW, i’m a Gamer, da Raiders were casual is my point. We were many things, we had players from around the world, just like the Unforgiven Family. Number one in GW, number one in Trophies.

U no u no me, @Magnusimus. We’ve had many good conversations. I’m asking 4 a friend (just kidding, I’m asking on behalf of all Gamers, hard core, casual, PvP, all Gem players, regardless of console), did anyone reach out to this individual? And if so, which Guild did he join?

If I may “circle back” to the tale of Noob-Noob: Again, not his name, not his true-self Started in April, by October, he …i need to make some Popcorn, but he was one of our better Raiders, and top scorers in b?.

(Information will be updated).

Another new join, not affiliated with me, not an Alt, had questions about Armor. Noob-Noob had purchased a set, I’m explaining the process, I outline the difference between Celestial and Dragon. (Luther is a turrible Guide, the Forums are toxic, Global Chat is toxic, Gem players know what i’m talking about)…

I notice, Noob-Noob never even equipped the Dragon Armor I had purchased for him. D’oh. Stupid chunky. How much gold had he missed out on? I mean, I’m f2p til the end times, yo. I certainly ain’t gonna spend real cash money on an alt.

b? ain’t b1, but we came real close in November to b2 or b3. C’mon man, 6 months time in game, as an alt, granted.

Guilds won’t make it to b1 in a year, nor do i think they should. Separate arguments, differences of opinion have been shared. Gems is not p2w, it is a fun game. There are many Guilds, there are many ways to enjoy it.

I ask not to accuse, but to provide learning opportunities. We can improve Gems, We can improve Loot Boxes in other Games. And possibly, i know i am being delusional here, but We can come together, and stop the cringe of forces outside that creep up on us while we are unaware, distracted, and/or hiding in our safe spaces.

Please, let us come together and share ideas, and find a way forward. Chunky’s Guilds will climb the GW ranks again. That’s what we liked to play, that’s how we enjoyed the game best. I’ll report back with Noob-Noob delve info. He didn’t get as much play time as Chunky. Obvee. Chunky my main, Noob-Noob just an alt. But he could GW with the best of b?

Believe it. We can achieve it.

Awryan saw a change in me in Feb. I left the game in Mar. I have my reasons, much love. Gems has always been my favorite. I came back, I had to.

Not to sow discord, but to bring Harmony. That is all, Word Salad Man out. (my next, possibly greatest, alt persona)

Cheers all. Thanks for letting me share. Anonymous Gamer Addict no longer.

Disclaimer: There used to be una broma, a joke, my Spanish is too rusty now. I’d rather be a well-known drunk than be an anonymous alcoholic. I heard it; i embraced it. For years, i did not get the help i needed. How healthy is that?

I did get help eventually, thankfully, and this community helped remind me of that. I am not qualified to help others, i am not qualified to help myself. Together, we can achieve many things. If anyone else is struggling, please seek professional help.

I still don’t sleep as often as i’d like. But i’m doing more and gaming less every day. Thank you all for letting me share.

Xbox players, there are those whom I have blocked in the past, silly reasons, selfish reasons, petty reasons. I unblocked several today and we had good conversations.

If you ask me a question in chat, and i don’t respond, maybe i didn’t see it, maybe i have U blocked. If U feel i ignore U, have another chatter give me a nudge, and i’ll check my list. There are lots of names on it, it’s a process finding them all. Some don’t deserve to be unblocked, imo, but they banned for life anyway. (I did not report them, i merely blocked them).

I look forward to continuing our discussions and conversations at a later date. I’ve got some catch up work to do prior to b1 GW next week. :+1: Mak’Gora. Gamer gonna game, but in moderation.

2 Likes

Just a quick follow up:

I have nothing against Gems/Games making money, it helps keep the servers running

I have nothing against the whales that spend money, see above

The prices have always been ridiculous in Gems, then, now, always.

I never learned to code. I asked a question about the Savage Armor set (Xbox Exclusive, I think the comparable PS was Shadow?). It is strictly an cosmetic item at this point, as if I would ever spend 50 usd on an item that is less than the in value than the Blue Armor. LEGO sets go on sale at various times, once obsolete, 70% off, 80% off…different genre, not even Game related.

:slightly_smiling_face:How much coding is involve to lower an obsolete armor that I would only use for cosmetic purposes? Serious question (and possibly forget to equip? :man_facepalming: )
:man_facepalming: Yeah, Gems claims they busy, but are they productive?
:grinning: Doomed Blade/Club got teh hot fix lovin.

Lets show some lovin to obsolete items in the store, give the new recruits some fresh loots. U understand?

And if this Game is too predatory, if we can not give it a “Strong Recommend”, then what can we do, together, to help bring about positive change to it.
:rage:Not the old “If I want to fight in a b1 GW, join a b1 Guild”. That was never my point, I said there were too many dead guilds cluttering the landscape.
:slightly_frowning_face:Others just weren’t listening (some did :+1: ) to what I was saying.
:slightly_frowning_face:Others didn’t care about my issue (not a GW fan, i get it)

I fight/have fought for issues I do not enjoy.
:slightly_smiling_face:Explore? Ask a Raider how many times I did explore.
:slightly_smiling_face:Sunspear Nerf. I finally got mine to 99. Maybe by…I ain’t got time for that.
:slight_smile: The LT issue (I’m using LT in my lexicon for Leadership Team, here, i mean the other one); ask a Raider how many Basic Tasks we completed. Again, 1 or 2 Raiders short of b2/b3, as a casual guild, showing up and showing out once every four weeks.

They weren’t all hard-core GW pros. Some barely hit 20k or 30k. And yes, I had alts, my Gem brother had alts, but we had fun the whole Guild. Even with my Rants.

How many of them left voluntarily? I can be an A-hole, I am an A-hole. I’m not proud of it, I’m still working on myself.

:slight_smile:But ask a Raider, if u see one in chat, or walking down the street or in the grocery store. (wearing a mask, we’re not there yet Penna).
:slightly_smiling_face:Hey, what u think about that chunky mono, that kirk_monkey idiota. Hey, actually, he always treat me fair.
:slightly_smiling_face:Or, they might say "he crazy, but at least he let me play in a low stress (moderately?) environment.
:man_facepalming:If they say something else, its not their fault, I was TL (no, the other one). I failed them. TrueStory /The End.

And now, circle back to that :rage:. I can be nice when it’s warranted. Please don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. “Join a b1 guild they said.” “Oh, i’m bout to.” I need to get read for the b1 GW life. I’ll still lose, but I’ll enjoy the battles. Win, Lose, chunky mono, 30 for 30, i’m bout that Mak’Gora life.

If you are eating popcorn, please enjoy responsibly. It always get stucks in my teeth, and I have difficulty flossing. And please don’t bring no bustahs into the Horde. I will block them. Foreverz.

(I haven’t blocked anyone on Twitter yet. Twitter life not real. Only Gems life is real. Oh wait, no it isn’t. Just fantasy. :slight_smile: :+1: )

chunky mono profile has said Rated M for Mature since 2012. World of Tanks has/had a lot of false flag report Trollz. Not my fault they got wrecked by an average at best, free to play tanker that knew about COKOA Cover/Concealment, Observation/Fields of Fire, Key Terrain, Obstacles, and Avenues of Approach.

I am not an Instigator. That was my Gears role, my Tanker role. “Breacher up”, somebody gotta be first thru that door. I’d rather it be me. I had brothers and sisters, we all wore Green, we all bled Red. Stop the divide. I want to be a healer now.

cue Mr. Bob A Feet: This one’s for the love of the Game. (Robot Chicken)

1 Like