Helping Hands

They were 3 weeks off on making this the April Fools week event.

2 Likes

True, but I guess I donā€™t see how thatā€™s leading to a conclusion that, ā€œthereā€™s hope for banding troops.ā€

Seems unrelated, to me :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ll add, though, that a lot of the new troops, even delve troops, feel more like theyā€™ve been designed for the Arena space than their own area or the main game. Ochre Jelly comes to mind ā€” no oneā€™s going to use that thing, but for maybe in the Arena.

Iā€™m having a really hard time coming up with a team that isnā€™t boooooooooooooorrrrrrringgggg.

Iā€™m having fun with Glaycion, Arboreal Crystal, and The Wild Queen.

1 Like

I got a Hound of Yao Guai troop in the event shop. But he doesnā€™t appear to be in the chests yet, is this normal for shops and chests to have different tables (other than normal restrictions)?

Unless someone can show me any proof otherwise.

All the devs said was a human selects the Medals for World Events.

They have not stated that itā€™s a human making the restrictions. This week proves to me at least that the restrictions are set by the AI.

I mean think about it. We were so close to being able to use the Glory troop during the event this week. But because the AI chose ā€œDefenderā€ and ā€œWar-somethingā€ā€¦ The troop built to be used against Constructs, canā€™t be used during a Consruct Defense World Event during itā€™s release week.

No itā€™s not malicious.
No itā€™s not on purpose.

Itā€™s the consequence of running your game on autopilot. :person_shrugging:

Personally, Iā€™ve stopped spending any money on the game outside of the Campaigns because I only pay when actual work is put in. But now for next the Campaign. The REWARDS better be actually worth it. Because the man/woman hours put into the game certainly no longer are.

To be fair, I think the troop requirements as they are make more sense. If the requirement was ā€œStrikerā€ type, the troop selection there is not nearly as good as what we actually got. I mean, the two striker mythics using purple are Mambasira and Shade of Zorn. Iā€™d rather take my chances with The Wild Queen and the ā€œto skullā€ converters given the skull medal :slight_smile:

Still, I donā€™t see why they canā€™t be bothered to make the world event make sense - reasonable troop restrictions that work with the glory troop, canā€™t be THAT hard.

To be fairā€¦
Troop role restrictions couldnā€™t exist at all.

Or the glory troop could be labeled as a defender. Itā€™s 100% subjective to classify it as a ā€œstrikerā€.

Thereā€™s a lot of meandering that could be utilized to get around an issue caused by the combination of AI and RNG and zero human interaction. (Which was my overall point)

It was easier to tell when the chest changes were disclosed publicly. But yes itā€™s always been that way to a point. The shop systems and the chest systems are 100% independent of each other. Gold chests always change on a Friday (if they change). So I expect Yao Guai to be available in all chests (that Rare troops can be found in) this Friday.

It certainly seems nonsensical from a story-telling point of view that the new Glory Shop unit has absolutely no role in this weekā€™s event.

Outside that? A lot of the accompanying enemies this week arenā€™t Constructs, so not having the option to select the new guy isnā€™t as big a deal from that end. Plus the Event Medal gives bonuses to skull damage, which also doesnā€™t play into what this new troop does.

Iā€™d like to see a better connection between new troops and the events in question. Even if itā€™s a case like a few weeks ago when the new Glory Shop troop was one of the enemy ā€œcaptainsā€. But a lot of that is lore and story-telling issues more than it is anything else, because the new troops frequently arenā€™t a ā€œbestā€ sort of idea for use within the event.

I question just how many people would use Quatramanus this week if we could wave a magic wand and make him eligible. My guess is ā€œnot manyā€.

I 100% would use Quatramanus as the main Mana generator this week if it was an option. (and at least a few people respect my opinion when it comes to team builds.)
Iā€™m the ā€œTacetā€ of Myspace Streamers. :wink:

You donā€™t like the ACME Eventomatic 5000? :eyes:

1 Like

The troop restrictions and scoring are probably random chosen, however it is very nice to have a World Event, where the scoring is simple and easy to understand - even though it doesnā€™t inspire to play at high level. But I see many being grateful for scoring being easy to understand.
And yay - it actually happened that an event, where medals boosts skull damage ACTUALLY have troops available that creates skulls.
It shouldnā€™t be like this, that I am happy about the 2 things to match. You should always make sure that events with skull-boosting-medal actually have troops that creates skulls.

Those awful events have caused too much frustration - way too much than the rewards are worth. So I really hope those events with skull-boosting-medal, without troops or weapon skull creaters are in the past and wont come back.

4 Likes