GW every 3rd weeks what do you think about that?

But is there been given any time when we can expect 3.3 to come?

Middle february

1 Like

No ETA, like usual :smiley:

1 Like

Then please for all of our sake and sanity provide those details so we can focus on the positive changes you are bringing instead of perceiving the guild wars changes will be and how it will affect us all.

1 Like

Mid to late February is our rough ETA.

3 Likes

I am concerned that the removal of weekly guild wars will mean even less resources than we get now. I guess only time will tell what the new modes offer and will it be enough.

1 Like

I’m going to give the devs the benefit of the doubt that they aren’t crazy enough to reduce the rewards below what people can get currently each week via Guild Wars as given the community here I don’t think ANY of them are really interesting in the ********* that would cause.

This smells like another cash grab to me. The rewards better be equal or better than guild wars or they are going to lose a ton of players.

As long as the other two weeks’ events / activities are well-executed, including being fun for players of varying levels and yielding decent resources for the time spent - then yes I think this is a great idea. For every player that loves GW I suspect that there are many who simply endure it as a chore for their guild.

15 Likes

Actually, top guilds win a lot of gems others nothing. So either:

• no leaderbaord, and rewards are the same for everyone according to the number of times you kill the Raid Boss with some thresholds (let’s say 50,100 and 200, so if you kill him more than 200 times you don’t gain anything more)
  • with a leaderboard, and the guild which has the greateast number of kills wins the jackpot. So the same reward system than for GW.

If it’s the 2nd option that means we will have to farm the RB all the week…

1 Like

It is very much a double edged sword, you can’t please everyone. Some will be pleased as it will mean less stress / put less pressure on them to perform in / carry out guild wars each week. Others who rely on guild wars to be their main focal point of enjoyment of the game will be disappointed.

I like the idea of new game modes, something to freshen up the game can only be a good thing as long as it doesn’t have too much of a detrimental effect on other modes.

3 Likes

The leaderboard question has me curious. On the stream, they mentioned that there would be leaderboard. However, they also mentioned a big reward for guilds that succeed in taking down the raid boss.

So, I’m curious if the leaderboard is just for show or if individuals gain extra resources for placing on the leaderboard.

2 Likes

Rewards will be based on how well your guild does, not necessarily leaderboards. We want players to be rewarded for guild achievements.

There will be some rewards for individual progress on the leadersboards, but most will be based on guild progress.

4 Likes

The point is there is no reason to eliminate weekly GW to add more. I’m all for new content, but right now the only reason I play is GW. It’s not even about the rewards, it’s the challenge. Drop the rewards and keep it. It’s such a backwards and asinine way of doing things.

6 Likes

This sums up my opinion.
I hate GW with a passion.
Also people should consider that not everyone is getting all too many resources from GW as not everyone is in bracket 1.

Besides that, I wish people would give things a chance first. We know about raids, but not about its rewards. And we have no idea what the second event will be.

And not everyone has time to play X event modes a day, so rotation is much better than addition to keep things fresh.

9 Likes

Oh thank goodness. I hate Guild Wars but do it for the benefit of the guild. Being able to spend my very infrequent free time on without screwing my guild mates will be very welcome.

2 Likes

The only reason I still play is the excitement and competiveness of GW. Resources have nothing to do with it. It’s the chance of climbing the ranks week in and week out.

7 Likes

I am right there with you, the competitive nature of guild wars is by far the best part of Gems of War for me.

5 Likes

So as i see it, it will be 3 difficulty

• easy 10 bosses
  • normal 15 bosses
  • hard 20 bosses

So each time you kill a boss you receive some rewards and every time you complete a difficulty you get bigger rewards

So usually small guild will be able to finish easy mode and maybe the half of normal mode

Middle guild will be able to finish easy and normal mode without any problem

And top guild will be able to finish easy and normal mode then half of hard mode without problem

BUT, and it’s where i am affraid and hope it won’t happen, usually these game mode require you to buy some “health” to be able to complete the event, and of course these health cost real money.

I hope i am wrong cause if it’s the case we gonna lost lot of players

So april 2019 based on other “promised” adjustments that players begged for.

I’m sorry but this rug pull will inevitably piss off people. I’m willing to keep an open mind but when we get the its a secret spheel, it often just raises our expectations to high and at best is a sidegrade to resource gain, not an upgrade.

3 Likes