Guild Wars Update

To clarify, this doesn’t mean a monetized shop. A rewards shop. Have to really specify this for the devs. No money shop, winning points to use shop.

In my other game, GWs has seasons (4 weeks) that let you earn points you can buy things with. Some are exclusive to the GWs shop like certain weapons (necessarily essential stuff but some are nice to have), others are formerly money locked weapons, and some stuff is things you could win from chests or other game modes like tokens to upgrade weapons or characters.

There’s a little bit of everything for everyone.

For gems that could mean offering

• books
  • the age old money locked kingdom weapons
  • orbs (either specific ones or chaos orbs)
  • keys
  • jewels
  • gems
  • vault keys (both types)
  • pets
  • troop copies
  • dragonite
  • armor
  • whatever else comes to mind

Kind of like the holiday events.

It’s a really cool thing for my other game, and people enjoy getting a little extra - and we still spend money on the game, not because we’re slapped with offers left and right but because they actually offer good value items and stuff that’s worth buying.

Filled up my building material stash over there several times because they had offers between 1 and 2 Euros for it - saving myself lots of farming time. Pay just a little to make my life easier.

You can even buy the prime resources for equally as cheap from special offers. They had a “once in a lifetime” bundle as a test run and I guess their 1 Euro offer really boosted sales. I know I bought it 3 times (maximum) myself.

Anyway, I digress…

A guild wars shop for earned points would be amazing, but I’m sure they’d blow it just as badly as the pvp shop.

4 Likes

There is already enough internal pressure to do well in guild wars. If you keep adding rewards, you’ll only make it even less enjoyable. Guilds will try harder and focus more on then mandatory optimisation, and even the slightly more relaxed tiers somewhere below the rank 200-300 mark will no longer be that.
And of course, it will be assumed, that players do end up aquiring and making use of those rewards, leading to another markup of all future ressource requirements.

I’d be fine with the introduction of some smaller participation rewards, but anything that depends on rankings and results only makes the rat race worse.

1 Like

Not how it works in my other game.

Basically, you get points for every fight you win, for you personally and for the guild. If you win the day, you get them multiplied by 1.5.

It has nothing to do with your ranking on the leaderboard.

If you play at all, you’ll always have enough points for the essential items like special weapons. The rest is just a bonus and can be won in other parts of the game.

But I am sadly also sure they’d mess it up and only the top X will earn anything of value which for sure would suck the fun out of it.

2 Likes

Corrected that for you.

1 Like

Well, I specifically said “not to a paid shop” - that includes a pass. :joy:

But I agree, that would probably happen. They don’t seem to understand that monetizing everything is too much and could z ultimately kill the game.

2 Likes

Obviously, linking it to the tiers would make it even worse, but it still sounds bad to me. The last thing I want to do after eating a turn one defeat from an empowered book defense is to think about how much that has cost me now.

… and don’t end up with a 0/30 or so. Sure, I tend to be quite a bit above this, at times still edging out my 30/30, that once felt natural, but in the last years, even winning in first turn always feels damn close, because I know that as soon as the enemy gets a move, I will lose at least one or two troops.

Unless there are significant changes in the whole game mechanics to finally stop those instant kill builds on both sides, this is an emphatic “No thank you” from my end.

But it’s fine that high ranking guilds get lots of gems and the others a wet handshake? Instead of giving every player something valuable?

So what if you go 25/30? Or 10/30? You’ll still get more than now.

And obviously, it should be enough to get the main item.

Now changes to scoring for points would be needed.

For example, in my other game we finish sectors on a map. Each finished sector gives points for everyone. You can’t translate this 1:1 to gems but an idea would be that every battle played by any player gives a base amount of points to the guild, say 1. If it’s won, you get another 1. If you win the day, those two points get a multiplier of 1.5 so you’ll have 3. Plus personal points.

I won’t try to figure out a whole system because we already know this is not going to happen.

I just know that in my other game I could in theory miss playing a day that I signed up for (you get two days, not 5 mandatory ones) because of reasons out of my control and I’d still get the guild points for the sectors.

Of course if you hate GWs and don’t play you don’t get anything there, would not get much here - but that’s true for any Mode you don’t play.

If you don’t play underspire you don’t get the rewards for that. Legends reborn, holiday event, you name it.

People who don’t farm have less gold and fewer medals… You can still play the game nicely.

5 Likes

Right, thanks… I think of all the options a ‘staged’ rewards track that accumulates guild-wide points makes the most sense, like for any guild event.

Am I missing something? GW already has rewards. It has exclusive troops, like Ogryn and Penguin ( Updated “Not in chests” list - Gameplay Chat (PC/Mobile) - Gems of War | Forums) that you can only get from playing GW, and it also gives some other rewards like gems.
Sure, rewards are based on ranking, but saying it has “no rewards” is inaccurate.

I do agree the rewards could be better, though.

1 Like

Well now I’m like,*really embarrassed. I forgot all about that reward drop. My bad :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s pretty forgettable. lol

1 Like

Ok, so the March calendar is out, and no mention of GW. I know things could change until there, but nothing said about GW is not very encouraging.
I’m one of those still in this game almost exclusively for this mode, even enduring journey! Hope for the best, but certainly not looking good :frowning:

1 Like

They already said March wars is a no go. So it will be April at the earliest

i really hate this new pvp. just bring back old pvp then we can resume gw

No rewards since you spend more gems for sentinels than what you obtain, unless you are in bracket 1

Personally, I hate GW, so take as much time as you like…

2 Likes

It shows in Transworld and when you post
/Events Guild Wars pops up. If you look in the game we have 7 days and accounting down. It says March 4th

1 Like

Underspire specifically can easily net you an Epic Vault Key (boss 2) and often an Orb of Wisdom (boss 3) for a zero Gem expenditure, even if you only play one day (Saturday or Sunday).

Holiday events … less so. You can still get one of the top prizes with zero Gem expenditure and even without leveling up the battles, but you’d definitely need to play every day (20pts x 3 /day x 14 days = at least 840 points).

That’s literally the reason I splintered off to make my own Guild some time ago, the GW exclusive troops (not that they’re great, but at least they’re easy to collect).

2 Likes

Not 100% sure what that has to do with a possible GWs rewards shop but yeah… For holiday events I personally find it annoying that unlike underspire battles don’t accumulate. Very inconvenienr.

1 Like

On Steam/Mobile Guild Wars are still scheduled next week despite the claims.
I assume, we will be in the same awful situation as Switch players?

6 Likes