Guild Wars unfair? cast your votes for the devs to see!

17 Likes

Of course I have, but getting caught running a red light doesn’t threaten my income, whereas the devs getting caught lying about cheating AI in a computer game is a very quick way to end their run as game developers 'cause no gamer or company would ever trust them to develop a game again…

Oh that ticket doesn’t take money out of your income? :slight_smile:

Also, it’s a “known” fact that the ai cheats in Civilization. You don’t see that franchise going down. :slight_smile:

I’ve been here longer so my opinion is clearly better. That’s a fact I think.

2 Likes

i vote for completely unfait cause:

• ranking rewards are too heavy for very few guilds and quickly run out of sensible rewards as the ranking drops, that balance is not fun

• color bonuses difference between low and high guild are too high

• the two of above makes it a very nasty combo of easily making the rich ppl more rich with not much balance to others, i think the degree of this process is too high and unfair

The AI gets bonusses (production discounts) in CIvilization at the higher levels. That’s not cheating, that’s creating difficulty levels. And BTW, Civilization has been going downhill since Civ4. The graphics improved but gameplay was simplified too much for it to be a challenge anymore. I played Civilization since Civ 1, but Civ 5 was the last I’ll ever buy from that franchise. Again, just my opinion of course… :slight_smile:

And that ticket cost me money, but it does not threaten my job… Which is what would happen to the devs if they built a cheating AI and then say that it doesn’t cheat and they get caught lying.

1 Like

Being somewhere longer doesn’t make your “opinion” any more valid. It’s an “opinion” and nothing else. Now the “fact” that you been here longer is true but that has no value here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s your “opinion” not facts. :slight_smile: You can’t prove how far it’s gone up or down just your opinion about the game cause you don’t like the way it went.

I been playing since Civ I myself and I enjoy ALL of them.

thats not a fact but just your opinion
it has a value to me and some other members who are here which makes the statement that “it has value here” true - which is a fact

6 Likes

opinionfactception!

6 Likes

A light hearted jest about this “ping-pong” of your opinion vs my opinion:
A lot of opinions… And none of them is pizza to be asked for… :wink:

1 Like

That’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me…

1 Like

Good grief, now we have to suffer mults?

And that’s just your opinion. No facts or anything like that. :slight_smile:

Those are MY facts. :slight_smile:

Do we get started with alternative facts here too?

It’s such a relief the devs listened and capped the bonus at 50% (level 100 statues). That really leveled the playing field the top 3 brackets or so. In week 3, the results of that shift will show up in a bunch of bracket hopping. Only Anonymous in bracket 1 has more points than Unrepentant (in bracket 2) in week 2 because of the flattened statue bonuses. See you guys at the top next week.

I still think it would be great to allow legendary tasks to give XP to statues. That would help newer guilds catch up, not just in guild wars.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant.

8 Likes

It’s very good they leveled out the statues. It defiantly allows more competition.

I still think some bonus statue leveling should occur for winning or top 3 placement in a bracket. Something that helps many more guild then just those of us who can do legendary tasks. I suspect there are many more guilds that would like to work their way up the ranks, but find their gold tied up even more leveling kingdoms and Sentinels.

1 Like

Personally I think that GW happens too often. For players who started not long ago there is no time to actually prepare, as in: get souls, traitstones, troops etc. Sure you can choose not to participate but then you’re just a dead weight for the guild.
Honestly. GW could happen once a month and it’d be way better imo. Right now it feels more like a painful chore than anything.
And it’s obvious that it’d be unfair btw. All forms of pvp favor people who played longer.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, my guild has a(n unenforced) rule that people should play each day, with any team they like, until they lose. Eventually our newer players will start winning two matches before that first loss; later, maybe they’ll use mono-color teams for those matches; later still, they’ll be able to win 4 or 5 of the battles each day. But it’s silly to pressure new players into competing like end-game players.

2 Likes