Guild Wars - Sneak Peek III

I wonder if using a team with a low team score will improve your battle score; I’ve seen that in other F2P games. It would make for a difficult balancing act trying to juggle kingdom power and team score for the purposes of guild wars, so if that is indeed what the devs are going with (note that there has been zero indication of this so far) I would hope there’s a permanent “refund” button available.

My guess is that, for the higher guilds that can create defense teams of every color all in the high 9,000’s, the Devs will probably just artificially increase the stats to make teams harder. Makes more sense than asking players to purposefully create weaker defense teams.

Edit: I mean like the Devs do for the weekly Event troops and Kingdom.

1 Like

My guess is that the best player of one week will become Paragon for next one and so could be the one to decide the Paragon Defense. Because he’s considered the best player of the guild, one can assume that he will choose the most difficult team… And the same for all the members according to their Guild War Rank. Or maybe I’m wrong ;-). In fact, I prefer to be wrong…

But just an “increase of the stats” is meh. Because it will look like Challenge mode: 5 times the same fight… And also we don’t know yet if we will have Scout in Guild War (can be drastically increase the difficulty). If not, it’s just impossible to have the same fight at the different Guild War rank…

About the extra slots for Guild’s War defensive teams i guess it’s never too safe to remind about possible issues that might need to be triple checked @Sirrian : Making sure that the slots of Guild’s War teams doesn’t suffer/cause any interference with the already existent slots on gameplay one way or another.

Me and others are surely excited to go into war as soon as possible, but… Just to be really sure that everything is working as planned would you guys/girls, the dev’s team, consider a propposal that the first week of the feature would be just a field-test?

I wouldn’t dare to tell how you should work, but considering at the very first week issues could make people “waste” their attacks or having unexpected problems with defensive teams of any sort, (that already happened once at the very first stages of the new PVP) and also to provide a fair starting point for practical experimentation to all players, would consider this “First Week Test”?

During this first week everyone would receive a reward (the same for everyone) as long as they join into the Guild’s War, it doesn’t even need to be a GW exclusive reward of any sort, maybe 10 Gems Keys would be motivating enough. And aside from that some scores would be calculated for practical experimentation (and the said scores would be erased at the end), but no real GW reward would be obtained at all until the next week. If everything goes ok after the test of course. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d endorse the idea of week one of Guild Wars being the open beta test. Let’s learn the system and flush out some bugs while scores don’t massively matter. As brilliant a job as our devs do, almost every new update has come with the odd (likely inevitable) bug…

8 Likes

I assume that you won’t get any trophies for these PvP battles?

AFAIK you will get trophies.

I can’t quickly find anything more, but I think it was explained in more detail further in the first Sneak Peak

1 Like

Sirrian confirmed that you will get all the same types of rewards you would get from normal PvP (gold, souls, trophies, treasure maps, keys, etc.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

You still get everything you get from a normal PvP battle.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies! It’s not that important, but it would be interesting to know how many trophies you will be awarded. A firm number or dependent on the opposing team?

1 Like

Im sure more information will be forthcoming, but I would hope and am assuming that as these Battles are intended to be difficult and important in the eyes of the devs and subsequently OUR eyes, that they would have PvP results in line with a difficult opponent, or 3 trophies.

Could be wrong, but I think its a safe assumption.

2 Likes

With 5 battles getting harder and harder I’m hoping the first is worth 1 trophy then 2,3,4 and then the 5th being the hardest is worth 5 trophies.

4 Likes

That is an interesting idea @Maxx… I could get on board with that, or something similar…

say 2-3-4-5-6, since I think even the first battle should be at least a NORMAL PvP difficulty. :wink:

5 Likes

That could work. It’s only 20 trophies for doing 5 hard PvP battles arena gives 30 trophies for doing 8 fairly easy battles.

1 Like

20, nice round number…
That was a happy accident! :grin:

3 Likes

7 Likes

maybe you are right.

I hope there are different team slots for:
Single player (explore/challenge/quest) Please please please please please
PvP invade
PvP defense
Guild war invade
Guild war defend

I’m going to be irritated if my first lost in guild wars is from a team switching accident.

It would also be great to have more team slots and different hero classes for different slots. Otherwise, we’re always stuck using mechanist for explore boombot teams.

2 Likes

Only if you register…

Small guilds won’t; No matter how active they are, they won’t bother to. This is just another game mode for large, active guilds to enjoy. So enjoy it.

And why on earth wouldnt they register?

Oh and btw, if you think its a game mode just for mid to top players in big guilds (which is not), dont those players deserve something new? Some of us have been playing this game for 2 years, and in this way or that, we influenced a lot the whole experience of playing this game for many other players.
If all new content is directed at new players, how long you think all the old players wil stay? And how long do you think the game would last if 80%+ of level 500+ players quits the game?

7 Likes