Guild Wars - Sneak Peek II

The guy said we will get more detail on in later, so wait for more details that will come later.

7 Likes

This is what he said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that people wonā€™t have to play everyday since he said people can play ā€œat their leaisureā€.

6 Likes

ā€¦
If the devs opted for this path, letā€™s see how things turns out.

My interpretation is that now GW is broken into two sections, the:

1. Daily Battles
  2. Weekly War

Each day there will be a specific Daily Battle against a single opponent. All battles won that day (against that specific opponent, at a max of 5 battles per guild member) are tallied at the end of the day and whichever guild ā€œwonā€ will get bragging rights similar to the current trophy system. This is repeated each day for 6 days. Then, at the end of the week, all the Daily Battles (no matter what day they were done) will be tallied up to give us the winners of the Weekly War. Rewards will then be dolled out based on how a guild did in the Weekly War.

Does that answer your questions? (Again this is my interpretation, as @DonBoba pointed out, Sirrian will be providing additional details later). :slight_smile:

Edit: Also, if you miss a day, you can still use your 5 battles to fight the guild you missed at any time during the week, but those battles wonā€™t count towards the Daily Battle, just the Weekly War.

Thanks ;-). I have a similar interpretation. But all the things I said in my previous post can apply to this interpretation:

1. the non-everyday players could miss to participate to the Daily Battles
  2. the rush-meta announced by Sirrian is still there
    But apparently, itā€™s not an issue because rewards will not depend of these Daily Battles :slight_smile: .

So, removing the rewards of the Daily Battles do not ā€œkickā€ too much the interest of these Daily Battles?

What I propose was to change the Daily Battles into Color Battles that you have the whole week to participate and the result is given at the end of the week. Of course, the 5 battles/member/Color Battle restriction can be kept.

1 Like

Thank you for considering our feedback, this sounds great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It does fix the problem because people only felt the ā€œneed or being forcedā€ to play daily because you could lose rewards for your guild and self. If you didnā€™t want to let your guild down, you had to play every day. Now we no longer have to feel that.

2 Likes

This is looking awesome! Will there come a preview video about Guild Wars when the release is one week away or so? I love those. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah Eika, great idea!

2 Likes

I want to say someone else asked @Sirrian this in the previous Preview (I think) and he said something about @Saltypatra is going to be helping out with creating videos. I just canā€™t remember if they specifically said there would be one for the Guild Wars preview or just more videos in general (I want to say it was for Guild Wars, too?!)

3 Likes

One preview video of about 30-45 minutes is enough for me. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ha! I found it and it was @HKdirewolf who asked lol

2 Likes

I assumed he knew exactly who asked it and was being cheeky. I might have been wrong.

2 Likes

Iā€™m too tired to pick up on any subtleties lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m sitting in PremierPro right now @ogunther. Not for a Guild Wars video though, something else to help out our newer players.

We are definitely planning some sneak peeks of Guild Wars so stay tuned!

10 Likes

Sounds great, @Saltypatra! :smiley:

1 Like

Well well wellā€¦

Ask and ye shall receive. :wink:

All the goodies of Guild Wars; none of the guilt.

Canā€™t complain!

ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦

At least until Sneak Peak III :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:j/k

6 Likes

Yes but at the price of the Daily Battles which seem to be useless nowā€¦
Before it was great, you could fight Guild versus Guild but this fight should be done in only one day (better than during the whole week). Now, there is no reward so we donā€™t have to care so much of this featureā€¦ Should we be happy about that?

The same rewards are given at the end of the week. Nothing is lost. So, not sure what your complaint is.

1 Like

Some people just have to bitch to make their lives mean something. I doubt no matter what they do he would be happy with it.

1 Like