Guild Wars, Point-Scoring for Battles, and You!

8143 with 3 troops of the color, no losess.

6 Likes

Went 5/0 for a total of 7,614. Max battle was a 1,6xx and lowest was 1,4xx. Lost no troops for the 5 battles.

Team used was:

Gorgotha
Terraxis
Famine
Abynissia

4 Likes

Actually there are already some which have GW optional. They might not be in the Top50 for now, but that is because they are still young. They will at some point appear tho.

[EDIT I’m sorry, my bet. As you see from the reactions there is at least one guild (Dominant) in the Top50 which is GW optional. Thanks @Boudicia and @Gilgamesh for correcting me.

2 Likes

Why do people keep saying that time affects your score? You can take two minutes or two hours to finish a Guild Wars battle, and as long as you only take 15 actions you will get the same number of bonus points.

9 Likes

We are rank 31…in top 10 for trophies every week and we are Gw optional. Have been from the start

1 Like

Dominant has held GW optional on PC/mobile since the addition of the event and were doing quite well currently rank#31 and consistently hitting 20k+ trophies a week.

2 Likes

I beat ya to it lol

This is interesting that your 3 colours for more points than my 4 colours.

I think that Mercy, and Elspeth to some degree, might be the new staple in all teams to go for the speed bonus.

Getting speed bonus naturally means getting the others too. :thinking::wink:

6 Likes

Sniped… Yet my 7770 today trumps your measly 7454

This is true…

@sirrian yet again I see no bonus to help lower guilds gain statue levels so why would they want to even do guildwars if they are always going to be at a huge disadvantage that really needs to be balanced out sure I’m in top 10 guild and get many resources but I like to look out for the little guy because we all were there at one time but there was no guild wars when we started playing so need to balance out for the lower guilds even if it’s only guilds not in top 100 that get statue bonuses but it really does need to be taken into consideration that’s my 5 cents

4 Likes

All 4 troops survived, 3 green. Last battle won in one turn got second lowest point total!

No frigging idea what’s going on here. Lol

2 Likes

Did you use devour or Deathmark as you won’t get any points for them.

2 Likes

New scores are strange. It seems odd not to get any feedback at the end of the battle.

I really think we need a debrief screen that shows you why you got the score. Even if just a percentage against each of the criteria. Or a 1-5 rating.

I got mostly 1500, except for 1 battle where I foolishly - God it was so foolish! - used Gorgotha, Infernus, forest guardian and Queen Aurora against the classic Psion, Ragnagord, double famine team.

Famine took out my Infernus before I could barrier him so I had no damage dealers left on the team.

Gorgotha’s attack and magic went down to zero from famines’ 3rd traits, so I had no way of damaging the enemy. I therefore had to try and create skull drops for the enemy and hope that one of the famines would take out gorgotha so I could actually do some damage, whilst using FG to keep itself and QA barriered.

You can imagine how long this took! When Gorgotha was finally dead, I won the game after another 5-10 turns. Honestly it took so long I almost quit. I was expecting to get a super, super low score for my terrible gameplay.

My score? 1300ish :astonished:

15 Likes

+1 to this.

Edit: a 1-5 rating gives some feedback while not allowing players to reverse-engineer the formula. A pure percentage would, with enough data points, reveal what the A, B, C, and D are in Sirrian’s OP.

9 Likes

There was only so much they could alter without a proper patched update.

1 Like

Sorry to see you go @DonBoba . You have been an excellent guild leader. I still have some faith that you will change your mind.

About my first day with the new GW, it was a terrible performance overall by me. I might be changing out all my 6 teams soonish. The main problem I currently have is that most daily colored teams seems too slow to gain any good points out of. And also all the teams has to be based around to counter against Famine/Psion teams.

4 Likes

Max battle score is at least 1,976 points. Looking forward to seeing this high score thrashed once the Western Hemisphere wakes up and starts playing.

3 Likes

Is the bonus for using 4 troops of the same colour still the most important one? or is it on the same level as the bonus for wining in the fewer turns possible or collecting the most mana possible?

So kraken teams are useless now?