Guild Wars, Point-Scoring for Battles, and You!

No :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I thought GW needed to be simple? You are making things unnecessary complex for us and yourselves.

9 Likes

My best bet is that 2000 is the max score of a GW battle. 10000 is the max score of all 5 GW battles then. But of course it cant be reached because of all the factors.

3 Likes

agreed. Unreachable cuz skydrops and mana collecting/dmg dealing efficiency are completely unpredictable.

3 Likes

I’m not so sold on making “actions” a cost. Troops that give free turns are nerfed?!? Makes me not want to use goblins. Make it turns straight up. I don’t want to feel penalized for taking 4 of a kinds because it is using up my “actions”…

12 Likes

My friend… You win vangors post of the day award!

4 Likes

Maybe so, but it’s still mainly guesswork.

I also got 8143. 5 wins, one troop lost in all fights. I started with 14xx and 13xx and didn’t look at the scores afterwards anymore, since the second battle went really well and I didn’t know where that low score came from. Also I never looked at the scorescreen before since I never had to so I kinda forgot…

1 Like

Exactly the same score (to the point!), but lost 5 troops?

Oh boy, we’re in for some ride with this new scoring :smiley:

5 Likes

Assuming you used a looping team? If so, each action counts towards your score, so although you may have won in a single turn, it will have counted as multiple actions.

From Sirrian’s OP:

"2. How many turns it takes you to win

By “turns” we mean unique actions (so a goblin who casts his spell, then matches 4 gems, then matches some skulls, has performed 3 actions)"

1 Like

So you get no points for devour? Interesting. Kinda loses the point of having devour troops in guild wars then.

2 Likes

Well… that depends on how many bonus points you get for finishing the match faster…

5 Likes

Roll up, roll up. Put your hand in the bag and pull out and number. Let’s see what you win!

7 Likes

wow that was a little frustrating.

I ran the same yellow team in all 5 battles today, Gorgotha, Enchantress, Famine, Moloch, lost 1 troop in all 5 battles, and scored 7,144. Someone else in my guild went 4/1 but scored 7,347. Still waiting to hear what team he used. But that is a huge discrepancy.

I get why my points are less. I usually let the enemy take skulls into Gorgotha, and I sit on Famine and Moloch a lot at full mana to control enemy mana…but it does not seem that this control playstyle should suffer this much in points.

It just seems that in trying to lessen the impact of Devour and Death Mark, we have also inadvertently hurt Stun and Mana Drain also. If the game is optimized to just bash bash bash, it will lose diversity in teams instead of gain.

7 Likes

Shooooot… I just care if I win or not, screw the points for this, that, this and that…

8 Likes

I cannot see why board control & limiting your opponents turns is now being penalizied. Please tweak or drop the 30 actions in a match thing. Taking a 4 match should NEVER be a bad thing.

9 Likes

I know they’re going to be tweaking it here and there but it’s just a lucky dip at the moment.

Ok i have now read all the posts on this thread (except those that will be posted while i am writing this) and i must say i should be ashamed of myself! Im not lol but i should be…

I am enjoying seeing the bitter tears of everyone who wanted GW to be changed for whatever reason and now that it is are so butthurt its ridiculous.

I also must admit that last week when @Sirrian made his preview post i was no fan of the new score system but after this post where it is explained in greater detail i have changed my mind a bit. It still isnt 100% to my liking but i have resigned myself to the fact that it never will be.

So many people have missed the point entirely i think. Please @Sirrian correct me if i am wrong but ot seems to me that the point system is designed so that a perfect score is impossible or damn close to it.

It is meant to encourage diversity in imvade teams by giving us… Wait for it… OPTIONS!!!

Holy carp fishes! Options? Now thats something to cry about…

Sure you may not be able to get a perfect score but you certainly can achieve a high score in several different ways. How exactly is that a bad thing?

The other thing i see here is more competition in the higher brackets… Now there won’t be 6 guilds getting the top 6 spots and only having 3000 points between 1st and 6th.

So more choices and more competition… Its freakin win-wim baby!

So my suggestion? Quit cryin and go out there and show everyone what you can do!

Im sure there are some ppl in this thread who are gonna have the same reaction to me they always do “vangor you are stupid and a troll and you dont belong here! Your opinions dont matter so go away!” and to them i say…

Does anybody know what time it is? TOOL TIME!

Tl;dr dont be lazy and read the post… Or dont, i really dont care

15 Likes

Guildwars looks like it’s going to take a lot of tweaking before the final results, what can you say it’s new for them and us.
Sit back play the game and quit complaining.
Games are supposed to be fun not a headache.
I play my matches at the end of the day, so find me a good team do you so I can get Max score thanks.:grin:
Green Day on PS4

3 Likes

The idea is to get as many points as possible and more than the other guilds. If you don’t really know how to achieve the maximum points then that’s just insane imo. I’m all for experimentation but it’s currently just a lucky dip.

5 Likes