Guild Wars defense teams keep reverting

tried to update the server pvp win, bouht shop stuff for glory, explore ect. didnt work.
I set the team with the banner button, back out too map. Then back in hit a few cards In the set to show their stats, then hit edit button hit a few cards. Back out to gw defy screen. Then to map n quit game. . on restart defy teams stay put

1 Like

It was reverting all the time when I was setting via PC. Using phone worked.

1 Like

Iā€™m the other way around, Steam PC seems OKā€¦ so far

Do you see the spinning loading symbols whenever you exit the team interface?
I usually take that as a confirmation that the game saved.
If itā€™s being reverted after save, then maybe the problem is something more serious, and you should contact support?

Steam PC, I canā€™t for my life get those guild wars defense troops to stick. They just keep reverting to the PvP defense team I used last week, a construct team to help out with the event. This is more than just annoying, in bracket 2 it makes me pretty much a liability for my guild. If this is supposed to encourage us to avoid events and just set the meta grief defense of the week for PvP, itā€™s working out quite well.

1 Like

The same issue here. I am playing on Steam. I tried all recommendations from this topic and even some more but nothing helped. GJ devs. Why am I surprised?
GW in bracket 1 will be really funny this week. I donā€™t even contact support as it is useless.

4 Likes

you have to use 6 team slots for DEF. One for each dayā€¦wasteā€¦they should have made separate dedicated slots for def teamsā€¦

2 Likes

Playing on steam on desktop and Iā€™m also having teams revert for Guild Wars. Iā€™m also having issues with setting up PvP defense teams.

GW wonā€™t let me set a new defense team, but stays stuck on whatever I had set as my PvP defense team at switchover and I have to change the troops in THAT team. This only lets me set up for the the starting after the next midnight. If I try to change a team for that dayā€™s defense I could not do it at all. Nor can I manually set other teams for the entire week, which is obnoxious. Given the unique troop bonuses upcoming, Iā€™d like to be able to plan my entire weekā€™s worth of defense with an eye to unique troops and synergies, rather than doing it on the fly. We have 26 team slots, shouldnā€™t we actually be able to use them?

Changing the PvP defense team is also a nightmare. E.g. I have team 22 selected for PvP defense and try to switch to team 5. The UI doesnā€™t update the graphics on the defense page so of course I think itā€™s failed. Back all the way out of PvP and go back into PvP Defense and the team has changed, but at this point Iā€™m so frustrated with it not communicating properly Iā€™m ready to throw in the towel.

Iā€™m also having issue with getting my defense teams to stick. Iā€™ll take any suggestions for what seemed to work for you all.

I made 6 different teams within the troops tab and now Iā€™m just trying to switch them in the GW screen by tapping on the banner and selecting the appropriate team. It has reset 3 times now.

I think I have a temporary solution. This is what I have done on mobile to make the teams stick. I will edit this post in the future if they revert back some hours after I got them to stick.

I did these exact steps for each day to get the right team in place. I originally quit out after doing 1 day, but the last time I tried to do both Day 5 and Day 6 and upon reloading the game, they both are correctly what they should be. Iā€™m assuming you can do this for all 6 Days in one swoop and then restart your game.

First, I have all 6 defenses in different team slots. Then I did the following:

1. Hit ā€œedit teamā€ on incorrect defense team.
  2. Swap to the correct team within the edit menu by tapping on the banner and selecting the correct team.
  3. Back out 1 time to GW Defense screen.
  4. From GW Defense screen, change incorrect defense team to the correct screen by tapping on the banner.
  5. Hit ā€œedit teamā€ on the correct defense team.
  6. Back out all the way to main screen and quit the game.

Hopefully this works for those having problems. Since I did them one at a time for the first 4, I saw that they were sticking with each run.

1 Like

Thanks, hadnā€™t thought to do that but buying something for glory after changing teams did the trick for me!

1 Like

Earlier today I was able to set up the defence with my mobile/Android (OLD version). But when trying to swap around the decks with PC/Steam (NEW verison), it wouldnā€™t stick, but reverted back to what I had made with mobile earlier.

Going back to mobile, and changing defense decks there, it sticks when Iā€™m going back to PC. Trying to swap around again on PC, reverts back to the newest change I did on my mobile.

NB: I tried Zippityā€™s method over on PC, and that works too.

tl;dr Either use Zippityā€™s method over, or use a device (mobile) if it is still not updated to newest GoW version.

1 Like

Tried it, no luck, at least not for buying Undineā€™s Trident.

OH YOU CAN CLICK ON THE BANNER??? WOW THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I couldnā€™t figure it out for AGES!!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I set a defense [sic] team for each day and a few hours later it is back to last weeks PVP team (4 x construct) same circumstance as @Fourdottwoone posted earlier. This has happened 3 times in the last 10 hours.
I will keep trying the various methods of getting them to stick, thanks to all those who have contributed.

Iā€™ve finally got the teams to stick around past closing and reopening the game. What may have helped is setting the guild wars defense teams, then repeatedly entering the PvP section, setting a PvP defense team and exiting that section until the PvP team stayed. Iā€™ve also tried a few dozen other weird things, so this might just have been a coincidence.

Now to prepare for tomorrow, when Iā€™m going to check if the teams really remained set. I might need something sturdy to bang my head against.

1 Like

My FREE workaround similar to those above.

1. Create your teams - IN Troops Menu only
  2. Set all your teams in Guild Wars
  3. Set your PvP - Defend team to a team (look for spinning circles)
  4. Restart, the game will NOW only randomly now change your standard PvP team
  5. Confirm everything, and Reselect the standard PvP team you want.
2 Likes

Thanks for all of the suggestions folks, but none of them are working for me to keep GW defense teams from reverting.

Running steam PC version.

Would definitely get some more warm fuzzies if the devs would at least confirm they can reproduce. Clearly this is happening to a lot of people.

Cheers,
Chia

Update: Zippityā€™s fix works for me. Thanks again for all the suggestions everyone.

1 Like

Nothing works, every time I restart the game all 6 days are back to the same team. #BugginMeOut

UPDATE: Logged into game on my iPad, set the daily teams (they had reset again) using the older looking interface (not the new PC interface) and restarted game on pc, now they are set correctly. Hopefully will stick.