Guild Wars Change Suggestions

I mean no duplicate troops period for the week. Make some new teams, make it interesting again.

2 Likes

The only thing about that is that the player wouldn’t really notice it since we only fight one guild a day.

Daily participation is too stressful.
Just get rid of the daily element in GW and I think GW wouldn’t be that big of a controversial ruckus.

10 Likes

Problem: Fighting Psion Famine Ragnagord Death 3 or more times daily.
Solution: Devs pick the defense teams!

7 Likes

Everyone realizes the reason for monocolor was for the developers to force people to trait the forgotten troops in order to win. It was genius and probably caused people to spend money on arcane packs and such. They are there
To make money, and I don’t blame them.

4 Likes

Yeah my turn:

1. All the 30 battles available at the first day: actually, players cannot miss sunday else he will loose one day of battle. Yeah I know it will not be a daily war etc. but I think it’s more convient.
  2. No Event bonus in GW because it is already enough difficult to do a mono-color team versus a META defense one.
  3. the sentinel bonus boost according to the GW rank is not well-designed: Soldiers have a penality compared to Paragon or others ranks. And who are they? The ones who did a bad result the previous week. So they start a new week with less stats so on, more difficult battles. In short, they get stuck in the bottom of the ranks. One solution is to inverse the bonus so Paragon get no bonus and soldiers full bonus (only in invade keep it is for defense), but it seems super confusing. Other solution: same bonus for everyone.
  4. Rework of the 4-color bonus: Bonus for 4 troops with a similar color need a buff
7 Likes

As long as you ask players to come up with the defense, you’ll end up with everyone playing the same defense in the end. No matter what rules you put into play, people will always try to min/max and work towards optimal defense/offense.

I believe that GW would be much more fun if it involves fighting a static defense (over 1 week/1 month) set up by devs and you rate guilds based on how well they performed. My initial idea was to have the troop very very strong (over 10k hp for example, could be 100k) but it does not heal between fights of people in the guilds.
You can then go crazy with variations: corrupting troop taking troops from players into his/her side, reflecting spell damage, etc…

+1 to the no daily participation. Give us a timeframe to do the matches but don’t force us to play on particular days.

4 Likes
  1. Remove the re-summon loophole in the scoring. Defense gets a kill, invaders lose points, period.

2. Make it so losing one of your first 4 fights doesn’t prevent you from fighting the paragon. Perhaps make a punishment by locking the team/troops that lost so that you can go on, just with a different team.

3. Make the set defense a completely separate slot. Like when you go to the schedule and click set defense, it pulls up the editor and you make your team there and it is saved there instead of on your personal team slots.

4. I liked the suggestion to remove the combo breakers. Maybe gradually lower their effects during the course of the war. So for soldier fight it’s normal, but for paragon fight it is completely off.

5. Bi-weekly or monthly schedule is fine, but if you do that then all 30 members scores count. No getting by, not helping and collecting rewards.

6. New dual color troops as rewards. and maybe put the current ones in guild chests.

7. I don’t agree that rest day should be on Sunday. Rest day needs to be at the start of the wars so that defenses can be set, and the wars won’t get in the way of getting to tier 1 on Monday.

8. the previously mentioned GW specific defense logs.

9. Keep the event bonuses. These are the only thing preventing defenses from becoming completely locked into a permanent meta. They shake things up just enough.

10. I love you guys, but I don’t trust you to pick my defense. :wink:

11. Make the rewards for winning the daily wars more rewarding. The small xp boost and handful of seals isn’t enough in my opinion to get people excited to log in and play their 5 fights everyday.

I’m sure i’ll think of more. but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

8 Likes

Please come up with a Championship for TREASURE HUNT of some kind or a ladder keeping score.

9 Likes

I’d suggest changing the experience boost you get for winning a daily match into a gold boost. I find myself avoiding pvp and playing the game when my low-level alt account’s guild wins a GW day. The experience boost makes me level up faster without giving me resources/cards faster, which I view as a negative. On my main account, which is level 1000+, the experience boost literally means nothing to me.

A 25% or 50% gold boost would mean a lot more to both my low-lvl and my end-game accounts then an xp boost (which one could debate is more of a punishment to low level players than a reward). Gold boost = people would play the game more to get that extra gold. Lower-bracket guilds (where weekly rewards are crap) would be motivated to coordinate / win their daily matches since more gold would lead to more tasks. A gold boost is a decent reward that would go a long way in making GW more rewarding for lower-bracket / low-level guilds … and hell, mid-game and end-gamers would love it too.

If not, at least give those of us who don’t want the xp boost a way to opt out of it. Right now the only way for my low-level account to opt out of it is by not pvp’ing for the day and hoping my guild doesn’t win the day’s GW … which feels kind of shitty. I don’t want to be hoping my guildies lose.

10 Likes

(1) award points for a successful defense, boosted by how uncommon your defense team troops are within the bracket. A defense win with a Peasant should count for more than a win with 3x Famine!

(2) offer all 30 battle tickets on day 1, but keep the current system where only battles that start in a particular 24-hour period count toward daily GW victories

(3) as has been said elsewhere, make sentinel bonuses trickle up on defense but down on offense. There are several players in my guild who don’t really participate because it’s impossible to compete against teams with full kingdom bonuses when you are still working on finishing yours.

(4) disagree with the idea that GW victories should award a gold bonus instead of XP. That further incentivizes playing the day of, instead of relaxing the mode to allow for finishing GW battles as time permits any given week.

(5) add a “+1 to all” button on sentinels

1 Like

Personal rewards for placement within guild.

Separate defense log

Defend points

3 Likes

All 30 battles on day one. :slight_smile:

Edit. And participation trophies for all :stuck_out_tongue:

Wars every other week so no burnout.

Ppl can either fight the day of the war only or points are not tallied until the end of the week. If someone does not fight on the day of the war then they get 0 points regardless.

To make it more of a challenge for bonus points defense teams should be on color too so theirs an offense and defense color for each day also event troops should not be buffed in guild wars battles… so no event troops can be selected for guild wars… only buff comes from sentinels … also break up brackets by statue levels don’t have a guild with only 100 guardian statue levels take on a guild maxed at 200 guardian statue levels… for those who are not maxed at 200 should also end of the week gain guardian statue levels rather than relying on basic tasks… that’s all my suggestions for now actually on color statue defenses for those who are not maxed should gain guardian statue levels, those who are maxed gain gems I guess… that’s all my suggestions for now and thank you for giving us all a break

No more 50% buffs. With 50% buff and maxed out sentinels Wulfgarok was starting with 70 attack this week. This would help GW and normal PvP.

8 Likes

I think sentinals should help every one as lower levels struggle a lot so i think 25 percnt buff for people below and 15 percent for people above.
As a total for all 5 levels. So each level would be.05 for lower and .03 for higher

I have a couple suggestions that might work! One would be to take average points and have an opt in button! If you are going on vacation and don’t play guild wars you do not deserve the reward so you would not opt in! The 2nd suggestion would be to make it every other week so if you need to recruit you have more than a minute!

1 Like

And def team also shoul be restricted to colors

1 Like

An opt-out button for guild members. Clash of Clans implemented that sometimes after their guild war release.

I’m guild master of casual guild which are a bunch of friends actually. While our top 10-15 players are very active and enjoy the guild war rest of our guild is people which are level 70 ish and they hate guild wars and they don’t even complete their wars because It’s too hard for them and losing their matches discourages them. We try to cheer them that even 1 point is a contribution but I cannot blame them for not wanting to fight against 3 traited teams with their level 10 teams. Big guilds can divide into two guilds as casual/competitive but we are in real life friends of 29 people and we just want to help our friends with low levels with guild tasks etc. so leaving the guild or dividing is not an option for us.

Feature should basically allow an individual to opt-out from the war with a button, so he won’t be in the guild war line up. While the rest of the guild can enjoy the guild war. Also guild master should be able to see opt-in/opt-out status of all members and have the last say in this and forcefully opt-in a player who selected opt-out option.

This might also help people who may want to take a break from the guild war as well.

3 Likes