Guild Wars and sisters guilds

This made me lolololol and simultaneously yell NOOOOO DON’T DO IT!

3 Likes

Only a couple of times… :beer:

2 Likes

Thats cuz i really like beer😎

Ok ill start…

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

2 Likes

I’m going to ask Salty to add “kumbaya bombing” to the list of no-nos in the community guidelines :grin:

6 Likes

Please show me where I did any name calling and I’ll gladly apologize to @yonizaf for it.

@efh313 should sing it on video. :smirk_cat:

6 Likes

Not quite name calling, but it definitely doesn’t help. I just sometimes wish the forum had more of an “agree to disagree” attitude and drop it at that.

3 Likes

@Ashasekayi lets make a formal request of @efh313

In remembrance of this soon to be locked thread…

@Whiskeyjack :neutral_face:

1 Like

Is this my first GoW commission? :money_mouth:

Also are you talking about Kumbya or a parody paraphrasing this thread? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Both! A parody of kumbaya about this thread

Drat! Out of likes already… Smh

1 Like

Seriously? That’s what’s got people up in arms? I wouldn’t call that name calling but perhaps I’m thicker skinned than some.

@yonizaf - If I offended you by making that statement then please accept my sincere apologies. While I don’t take back my the point I was trying to make, it was never my intent to name call or give the feeling that’s what I was doing. For that I am sorry and hope that’s not how you took it.

2 Likes

YOU ARE A TREE FOR CRYIN’ OUT LOUD!!! :scream:
Of course you’re thicker skinned then most…
I mean… :confused:
I… :confounded:
You… :cold_sweat:
Ah… :rage:
:sleeping:

:joy:

5 Likes

I dunno, the original lyrics work quite well…

2 Likes

Kumbya translates to “Come by here” in English…

The only change I would make would be:

Kumbya Nimhain, Kumbya
Kumbya Nimhain, Kumbya
Kumbya Nimhain, Kumbya
Nimhain, Kumbya

:wink:

2 Likes

Except replace the last kumbaya with “lock this thread” lol

3 Likes

I’m not asking for an apology on yonizaf’s behalf. :slight_smile: But yeah, it was pretty much that post but also everything about it:

It’s not explicit name-calling, for sure, but giving two options of being a liar or incompetent (and non-compliments are pretty much name-calling, in my view; I mean it’s the opposite!) is pretty much it. Once someone’s character is called into question, it becomes name-calling.

And the rest of it is arrogance (“you’re not going to win this argument because…”) and cocky (“I just handed you your ass”). I’m not asking you to change since that’s who you are - what I’m saying is that myself (and perhaps the silent others) doesn’t feel like starting a discussion with someone who displays that attitude and “shouts down” the other. It just doesn’t serve any purpose.

1 Like

Wait so let me get this straight, I’m name calling for what I said but you can call me arrogant and cocky? That’s rich. Maybe take your own advice before getting on that high horse and preaching to others.

1 Like

@ogunther let it go brudda… Let it go

2 Likes

LOL. I never said I didn’t name-call. And that no one wanted to discuss things with me because of it.

However, I would argue I was ascribing descriptors to your statements, not you (and perhaps I should have clarified the next sentence as “I’m not asking you to change your style of writing”). Does writing statements that come off as arrogant and cocky mean that the writer himself are those things? Maybe, maybe not… I don’t know you personally so can’t say.

1 Like