Guild Wars and sisters guilds

I’m not going to fault you for that. I’d be happy if it worked but I’m not overly optimistic; I don’t think that’s why he’s here but I’d love to be proved wrong.

1 Like

Wow this thread has gotten long. Please don’t make me cite community guidelines to anyone, I really don’t want to do that. (I lie, after writing them up all I want to do is quote them everywhere.)

The team is looking further into this issue and are currently discussing ways we can improve Guild Wars. We have taken on board a lot of feedback from this thread and many others to try and make the experience one that as many people as possible enjoy and want to participate in.

I can’t say much yet but we will keep you in the loop when we start implementing changes.

21 Likes

Im all outta likes
Im so lost without them
I know you were right but i cannot like it

Crappy 80s music lol

5 Likes

Hi @Saltypatra fancy running into you here… I would like to tag @Eika and @Ashasekayi so they maybe see your post and stay with a wait and see philosophy

2 Likes

Despite me no longer playing actively (I occasionally poke in and do a few games), I respect @Eika and @Ashasekayi a lot – they were my guild leaders when I was guilded – and it saddens me to hear that the direction the game is going runs counter to their playstyles. It sounds like quite a stressful time to be in a top-end guild; considering the expectations now heaped onto players in addition to the tithes and trophies from before, it’s easy to see how players would burn out (and the system doesn’t appear to be designed to allow for off-weeks). I hope the developers are able to adapt to the feedback in a timely fashion to give their most dedicated players some reassurance.

22 Likes

Damn yet another post i would like if i had any😥

5 Likes

I liked you instead :heart:

1 Like

I got you, @Vangor; you can take 50% of each of my likes as your own. :wink:

1 Like

10 character

Enough memes in this thread now. <3

2 Likes

While you do that, please take into consideration that this thread (and possibly the forum in general) allows only one side of the discussion to be expressed. There may be many people who disagree with the views presented here, but would say nothing out of (justified) fear that they will be publicly shamed.

Just saying. Thank you for your time.

17 Likes

100% disagree. People may chose not to state their opinions out of some misplaced fear of ridicule but the forums absolutely allow for opposing views to be expressed and they often are. I myself often voice opposing views to what is being discussed; sometimes I can rally others to my views and other times my voice is lost against the overwhelming tide of opposition but it’s always allowed and you need only read through this very thread to see that.

4 Likes

In general, sure. Is this topic, no.

People were attacked viciously even when they were super-careful in their wording, e.g saying they are just “a devil’s advocate” (i.e it’s supposedly not really their personal view), and donBoba was also treated petty badly even though he apologized for what he did on his very first post. If anyone came out here saying clearly that they personally disagree with the views presented here, they would probably be lynched.

I spoke to multiple people who feel differently than what was said here, and would have liked to share their views on the matter, but were simply afraid to do so because it may harm their reputation and give them unwanted tags. and despite what you say I do believe they were right to be afraid, considering what went on in this thread so far.

16 Likes

I am in complete agreement with @yonizaf here.

This topic, while in its early stages was probably a well-intentioned attempt to get clarification from the developers on this isse while also pointing out that a (significant) number of forum regulars dislike collaboration between guilds in GW, has rapidly degraded to nothing less than a witch-hunt against people ( @DonBoba being the best example) who disagree with the (in this topic) view of the majority of the posters.

That’s a regrettable deviation from the usual way things are discussed on these forums, leading me to the simple conclusion that this topic has probably run its course and that it probably should be locked before tempers flare on this apparently very sensitive subject.
The devs have taken note of the original intent of the topic, so if they decide to change the rules on this issue I expect they’ll let us know…

3 Likes

You can’t cherry pick the responses you cite. Sure people got pissed at Don, but they had every right to be. But there are plenty of other posts that said they (basically) thought he did nothing wrong. You’re acting like those responses don’t exist simply because they don’t fit your narrative.

As to @efh313 that was me supposedly “viciously attacking” him. And to that I call BS. There was no viciousness; Efh was (in my opinion) in the wrong making excuses that were contrary to the truth and what Don himself had said and I called him out on it. We argued and then he apologized to me and then we moved on. We’re still friends; I doubt he feels I was “viciously attacking” him but if you want to try to feel victimized on his behalf you can go fly a kite. That’s utter rubbish.

Why?

Every time what @DonBoba did comes up people are suggesting that he did something wrong. But that is completely UNTRUE !!!
He did nothing against the rules, so why would people have every right to be pissed at him? Disliking what he did and disagreeing with him, sure. But why would people have every right to be pissed at him if he didn’t do anything wrong?

@Saltypatra: IMHO it’s really time to end this before we start regurgitating the previous 200 posts in this topic and tempers flare (again)…

I never said @DonBoba did anything wrong; in fact if you look through my older posts you’ll see I agree that he didn’t do anything that broke the rules.

That doesn’t mean that players can’t be upset when someone goes against what they felt was the spirit of the game; which is exactly what Don did and why some people reacted the way they did. They had every right to be upset just as everyone else had every right to not be upset. Trying to tell people they’re not allowed to get upset just because someone didn’t technically break any rules is plain silly and there are so many easy reasons to see why that is that I’ll spare you the list of examples.

I don’t think this post needs to be locked. There’s no incivility going on here at this point. Not everything has to be child-proofed just because something “might happen”.

8 Likes

And that’s because?

This here is what I’m talking about. People are not just presenting opinions, they are judging and passing punishment. Don had every right to do what he did [not actually do], especially given the devs’ response, and given that he regretted it and apologized (which I don’t even think he should have), there’s nothing else you may want from him. And the people how chose to quit? they did it on their own, it’s their own choice and problem, he is not to blame.

Sure, I’ve seen them, people who tried to protect him because they thought the reaction against him was too extreme given that he didn’t actually do anything in the end, and that he apologized already, and felt bad for him taking a beating. and even those people were generally attacked for it as well. I did not see anyone claiming that what he did was completely fine and that it should be allowed. Anyone doing that would probably suffer a similar or worse fate.

Something you have to understand: when people disagree about other topics on the forum, however heated the discussion may get, there are little or no repercussions to the individual forum member. But when the subject of cheating is involved, there is a real risk that someone with the ‘wrong’ views may be tagged as a cheater (even if they didn’t actually do anything, just for thinking it was fine), and being tagged as a cheater is one of the worst things that can happen to a forum member. So yes, people are rightfully afraid to clearly voice their views, and such topics get way too one sided as a result.

2 Likes

To further clarify myself:
I am against any form of cheating in any games. I wouldn’t do anything to break the rules.
What i offered initially didn’t break the rules as there weren’t any. There still aren’t. But i do agree it would be unsportsmanship act, which i didn’t realize when i made the offer. But seeing opinions from a lot of people on the subject i changed my mind and realized how it would be unfair, even though rules against it (still) don’t exist. That’s why i apologize for making the offer.

11 Likes

I wasn’t specifically referring to you (as being the one who said donboba did something wrong). Apologies if it looked that way because I quoted you. I was referring to the general tendencies in this topic. That’s why I suggested that it may be time to close this one. I mean, do we really want to go another 200 posts on the exact same tune?

1 Like