Guild Wars and sisters guilds

Agree. And I guess we should be glad the devs came out and let us know that this behaviour IS NOT illegal but IS against the spirit of the game and MAY be punishable. Imagine the uproar if the devs hadn’t been so clear. :fearful:

4 Likes

Lol
10 charactets

1 Like

Personally, I hope they do come out and say definitively whether it is acceptable or not. That way it’s clear for all and people know where they stand.

5 Likes

Missed having you around HK… And yes progress sometimes has serious pain points.

1 Like

That’s the best post in the entire topic. Have a like from me. :slight_smile:

Even though I understand why people would not like it, it is currently legal in the game according to the devs (who set the rules), so the huge outcry against what @DonBoba did seems rather excessive to me. You may not like what he did, but what he did was perfectly legal according to the people in charge.

3 Likes

I don’t like the direction where this topic is heading to. It seems more and more people are tolerating and accepting Mean Machine’s action, by saying it is not illegal. By doing so, i can see more guilds trying to fool others and completely ruining the Guild Wars competition. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

People are saying it’s not illegal because the devs haven’t said it’s illlegal. The developers are waiting to see if this kind of collusion has a noticeable impact on final results. Only then will they make a pronouncement, it seems.

6 Likes

I know that my comment does not really contribute to this topic, but there’s something I want to tell you.

When GW got announced I was very skeptical due to my past experiences with other games. Most prominent example was from Marvel: Contest of Champions. When that game got GW I was in a casual, but active guild. Very nice people were there, all casual oriented.

Then the first GW emerged. And it was clear for me that we can’t play GW casually. One after another dropped for higher competition guild until only I was left. All the freindly gestures towards each other were gone, people quit the game etc.

And geez, I’m seeing the same things here. Among the top players in this game I usually see burnout, rage, frustration, etc. I’m very worried about the future of the game (even if I don’t play as much as I used to)

Overall, I’m glad that I’ve decided to skip GW entirely. Competition in video games was never something for me.

2 Likes

I think it’s obvious that it’s unethical. It’s like little children saying: but you didn’t say I couldn’t, so I did…’

6 Likes

i dont hate anyone for admitting an offer was being made, i can understand at that moment the idea was purely to help out,

but you know in the end the sad facts of gw are:
when one is going up - another has to go down

therefore helping one is damaging another and so the act of such help would not be as innocent as the intentions :slight_frown: :cry:

Indeed. That’s why on the end we are glad the offer was not accepted. We shall make no more offers nor accept anyones offers. I can guarantee that in front of MM.

14 Likes

HO. LEE. POOPIE.

Wat the hell happened? I leave for 2 days and the whole world explodes? I come back to find 2 of my favorite contributers to this forum @Eika and @Ashasekayi are quitting GoW? I see other ppl i consider friends at each others throats?

I see now that my presence here as a peacekeeper (and not in any way controversial) is sorely needed.

@DonBoba please keep posting i value your input even when i disagree. And you need not continue to make assurances. One would hope that everyone makes mistakes and those who own up to them should not be overly slammed.

@Eika & @Ashasekayi i want to say please dont leave GoW but i understand and respect your decision even if i dont like it. But maybe dont leave the forum entirely… How else will you know when things get better?

@efh313 & @ogunther im glad you two made up i was about to set up some ring time at the gym so y’all could box (to which i would have sold tickets at a nice profit)

And before anyone else can say it…

@Vangor SHUT UP TROLL!

16 Likes

Great post @Vangor:slight_smile:
And you did it all with out a single meme!! :grin:
Color me impressed! :wink:

2 Likes

Did someone say… Meme?

Sorry… Had to

2 Likes

why are we mad at each other over thing that didn’t happen in the first place? the most was just an offer which was refused. i thought this is a casual game, as steam advertise.

2 Likes

It is as casual as you want it to be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this entire thread made my week on Tuesday

2 Likes

You are always so negative… Thats why nobody likes you. You should try being nice sometime and see how ppl respond differently. Might be fun😎

7 Likes

Don’t engage him, just report his toxicity and move on. He’s the only real troll I’ve seen stick around these forums. He’s always so eager to get joy from drama or hardship, he’s not here to actually engage with the community, he just wants to fight and harm.

2 Likes

I know i just thought i would try to be cool and offer some constructive insight and maybe help to make his experience on these forums more enjoyable for everyone

2 Likes