Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

It’s possible. There’s a bunch of guilds that already are doing this.

1 Like

@JohnDoe It could be, but in this specific case guilty parties have unmasked on their own in public post that they swifted delated, so there is no margin of error.

1 Like

I meant if the schedule will be totally random

GW schedule:
1st: 10 2 8 7 4 6
2nd: 4 1 6 3 5 9
3rd: 5 6 9 2 7 10
4th: 2 8 5 9 1 7
5th: 3 10 4 6 2 8
6th: 9 3 2 5 10 1
7th: 8 9 10 1 3 4
8th: 7 4 1 10 9 5
9th: 6 7 3 4 8 2
10th: 1 5 7 8 6 3

5 Likes

I agree, quite easy to ban 60 players here.
Should be done.

5 Likes

Its more than 60 players, its also other guilds with unrealistic scores, everyone can see it, that something fishy is going on with the weekly scores, still nothing is done about it from the Devs side. Step forward please and admit that you are cheating and destroying Guild Wars for the majority of the guilds in bracket 1, and gain a minor respect back.

It would be easy to detect it, only if the minor energy is put into it by the Devs. Disban their guilds and ban all of their members, the game dont need any of them and none of them is wanted here on these boards. And feel free to flag this post, because what you are is dirty cheaters!

Thank you!

5 Likes

Your answer is complete BS. You create Guild Wars as a way of competition between guilds and these two guilds circumvent this competition. Why does it have to always be a HUGE outcry from the player base to get you guys (the game creators) to do something? It may not be against the rules but it is against the spirit of the game and does unfairly affect other guilds like mine who are in one week bracket 1 and the next in bracket 2 and then back to 1 and so on. Every week we are demoted we have been regulated to lesser rewards due to this behavior.

Your continued cerebral-rectal inversion as to the mechanics and gameplay of your own game continues to alienate your player base. You need to start listening to your players as most of us seam to have a better clue about what is going on and what should be adjusted more so then most of you do.

Both these guilds should be disbanded immediately.

28 Likes

This BS have affected Black Dragon too and many other guilds for 20 weeks or so? I mean this is utterly ridiculous. I am surprised that there is so few members from the guilds that got hit hard that actually posting here in this thread. Make sure you get heard!

Btw I feel for you Mean Machine, such a great and respected guild, such a pleasure to be in your guild, I have many good friends from there, 30 great members, all good to say about DruidsGlade too, such a great leader, such good members. This is only some examples of guilds who have got badly hit.

7 Likes

Glad to see dev’s sincerity on it .
However, besides demote or ban, we prefer to see some more effective changes on the Guild War to avoid something like this.
Nowdays the bracket-1 has become an arena where we fight for rare resources, guild against guild, week by week, as we are getting fewer and fewer keys from the guild tasks and even no more diamonds from the legendce ones.
The new enviroment is worsening because of decreasing resources, bugs coming with the updates, and the unbalanced elements such as Wisp. And these are what drives so many players leaving and so many guilds weakening or dissolving.
These cheating guilds are no more kind of consequences and it’s not the end.

3 Likes

So, thanks @madking for making this thread. It needed to be done.

I’ve watched the discussion of this topic try to unfold while being censored or shut down completely in other GoW venues for the last couple of days. I’m not at all surprised that the dev’s main concern in this thread is to threaten to ban a member because of posting on this very legitimate game issue instead of addressing the communities concern about a competitive mode in the game having zero integrity.

This topic of guild collusion was brought up months ago. It was already known that guild collusion isn’t in “the spirit of the game”. Why wasn’t the issue fixed by code when Guild Wars was taken offline?? I can tell you that guild collusion has “significantly” affected my guild (Black Dragon) in many ways. But, I’ll stick with the fact that there is a serious difference in rewards between fourth and third place.

More importantly, it sucks all the fun and enthusiasm a player has out of playing GW when you know that devs are allowing guilds to collude. Forget screenshots, the numerical proof of the collusion has been out there for a long while now.

Like another poster said, I’m not getting my pitchforks after players. I blame the devs for not handling this situation properly in the code. It most definitely could have been setup with actually random matchups within brackets while locking in defenses on Monday with only color indicators. That way, you wouldn’t need to rely on the integrity of individual players to play fair.

27 Likes

It’s pretty easy to see that no amount of energy will be able to detect this if done subtle enough.

Let’s also ban all player who set up single troop defenses in PvP, they obviously were cheating. Heck, just ban all those as well that set up Goblin defenses pre-nerf, they were intentionally abusing blatantly broken troops.

To get to my point, unless I missed it there’s currently no rule against collaborating in Guild Wars. Yes, it’s one of the many design blunders we’ve been gifted with recently. Can’t really blame players for exploiting that though, it might not be in the spirit of competitive fights, it’s definitely the most efficient path to success.

Personally, I’d expect the devs to come up with a more tamper-proof environment that doesn’t reward such shenanigans. Their reaction so far makes me suspect the peasant defense is around to stay.

I am sorry to see that this has in fact been confirmed. Mean Machine is also another Guild that gets trounced every 2nd/3rd week when we break into Bracket 1. I suppose it is nice to know that we aren’t really THAT much worse than the other guilds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a serious note, as much I may want a player ban, or a guild disbanned, I can’t honestly say that would be fair as there is no real violation of any rule/EULA, it is merely a violation of the understanding of sportsmanship amongst a competitive player base. But perhaps we COULD use this as the platform from which to make serious changes to the Reward structure to GW. What makes this violation so egregious is the horrifying disparity of dispersement of gems and troops between 1 and 10, and beyond, of course.
Here is an example I suggested recently… lets hope changes ARE on the horizon. For the betterment of EVERYBODY not just Bracket 1!

8 Likes

One of the best suggestions I have seen this year! I have seen it before, but still solid candidate! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey hey, look who we have here, an Intrim player. What can I help you with today? :balloon::clown_face:

3 Likes

That’s a good idea,if only could be used. While, would devs allow guilds gain so many diamonds “for free”? According to their actions decreasing the guild tasks input, well, I’m not optimistic.

1 Like

Although I agree that not properly censoring the post was a mistake and would violate community guidelines of performing a callout, and that this type of thing should be reported to support to be investigated, I fully disagree that the info shouldn’t be brought to the attention of the community.

A potential witch hunt is a great deterrent for those already engaging in these activities as well as those who are considering doing so. I would expect with the amount of public outcry against it, anyone reading a thread like this would at very least think twice about accepting an offer to collude or make the offer themselves for fear of being publicly shamed or worse being punished if/when it’s deemed against the rules. Plus amid all the inevitable heated gibberish and teeth gnashing there are usually good points & suggestions brought up.

This collusion may not be officially against any rules, but in my mind it’s pretty similar to running a bot. The victories & prestige for being #1 (or whatever rank you achieve) are empty because you didn’t earn them on your own merit, and the loot/prizes you’ve earned are stolen from those more deserving at best.

Also to cut off additional cries of ‘but its not in the rules’…the fact that these deals are being brokered out of public sight and not publicly offered or discussed doesn’t raise even the slightest red flag to those making them that they probably shouldn’t be? Come on now…though not being disallowed by the devs is the root of the problem, the players involved should not be considered blameless of their own actions.

22 Likes

As I said in my disclaimer, I do not suggest that it is balanced, but that FORMAT should definitely be used. That way EVERYONE, regardless of BRACKET has a reason to WIN. As it currently stands only Bracket 1 offers clear differences in prizes from 1-10.

I think the Winner of Bracket 113 has just as much reason to brag as the winner of Bracket 1. They defeated 9 other guilds of similar power, and deserve to be rewarded as such. :wink:

4 Likes

“I see”, said the blind man to his dead dog while pissing into the wind, “its all coming back to me”.

1 Like

let’s try to keep this thread civil

7 Likes

Seems that’s getting increasingly hard.

Tbh I don’t think this goes anywhere useful until we get more response from the devs, and it’s past midnight there now…

1 Like