Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

It’s.a.game.

then, why so serious?

1 Like

Then, why cheat?

2 Likes

I literally just spewed orange juice on my floor after reading that…

1 Like

Nice false dichotomy. Either it’s war and anything goes, or it’s irrelevant and we should be completely emotionally uninvested in the outcome.

3 Likes

Coming up with such a rule will be next to impossible. At which point is a defense team intentionally making life easier for the invading guild? Are two Peasants still okay? What about one? How about only picking troops that don’t have any damage spells? Or something easy to counter, like a mono-color team? Or just not the most aggravating team-of-the-week?

Even intentionally fielding slightly less than optimal teams has a significant impact on results, allowing participating guilds to place a rank or two better than they would otherwise. And there’s no way to prevent, or even detect this reliably. The only way I can see to get around this kind of collaboration is to make a defense loss something you would not want, e.g. because there is a substantial bonus attached to scoring a defense win.

The only thing you can do to prevent this is to stop with the static schedule, lock defenses once it starts and that you can’t see your opponents before it starts.

28 Likes

That’s actually a brilliant idea which should work very well.

3 Likes

ive been asking countless times for locking the defense team. and i still believe its best solution,
but since we dont have it - for now:

but in this case i would say for example no more then 2 baserarity common/uncommon cards in the team and not more then one duplicate in a team could help.

but also in this case having 4x peasant or something is the obvious, as long as its not an obvious team it should pass for a starters. further countermeasures/rules can be made later.
at least preventing the most obvious abuse should be done in a quick manner.

2 Likes

Well this is all rather concerning…

Putting aside the clumsy / call-out nature of the original post - I think it’s fair that the community be made aware of any shenanigans (if proven to be so) and fair to expect the devs to respond on it. Hard.

8 Likes

This problem exist in lower brackets with lower guilds as well. it maybe much less important because they are smaller guilds but it is normal to see 1 troop, random pvp event troops or 4 of level 1 troops. the question is at what degree is the team is not considered cheating? should they be fully leveled/traited? or should they be meta? is there rule to follow now? or is it free for all?

Trust me, even the not-so-obvious teams will ultimately decide results, just in a less apparent way. Statistics. Think of it like roulette, the bank only wins on zero, and it’s all it takes to make it worth it.

1 Like

That would work great!

Have it so it shows the color and nothing but the color on Monday so the correct team can be set. Then on Tuesday all teams are fully locked in and THEN it shows who is being faced.

It would be impossible under that format to set a weak team to the “right” guild, or it would be obvious if they were trying.

20 Likes

Well the screen shoots show peasants so there’s that… :wink:

1 Like

it will also be very useful to see entire schedule for all your bracket, not just for your guild

2 Likes

This unfair behaviour significantly influence gw. There is a great difference between first, second, third place and so on. Why the onest one is penalized and the cheaters are protected? This should be a violation from “community guidelines”.
I don’t understand your behaviour. I play gow by 6 months and before I read that you devs listened to your players and took action swiftly. I have never seen this during my 6 months. Instead, now you literally punish fair players to point of forbidding them to talk. Don’t you care about your players anymore? Is all you want not have problems or issues? I’m very saddened by your decisions in managing a game that could have been fantastic.

17 Likes

The Team is even called “WEAK DEF”

I think it is very disgraceful that such behaviour is even possible. I urge devs to adress this issue as soon as possible, putting an end to this and setting harsh rules to punish anyone who tries something like this again.

I don’t get why callouts are against the rules, these players should not be allowed to participate in Guild Wars, ever.

11 Likes

It’s a fixed schedule depending on the position from last week.

1 Like

It’s because call outs doesn’t necessarily have all facts straight.

If I get bored tonight, I will see if it’s possible to permute the current fixed schedule and avoid any conflicts. That would allow six different orderings of the same scheduled opponents, which should be enough incentive not to do stupid things like set a weak defense on purpose.

1 Like