Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

This thread has become like a bag of microwave popcorn… When the pops become far enough apart you know its done

I say lock it up nothing more can be gained from it @Saltypatra @Ozball

4 Likes

One last thing before the thread gets closed - I would really like to request @Saltypatra 's or @Ozball 's confirmation on the team requirements.

Not because the 2 guilds do not understand, nor because they would still like to abuse the rule - but because this very scenario brought us here in the first place!
Even if we play by the new rules - I am most certainly sure this all can repeat any day - without any means how to solve the matter.

You might call me an idiot - but I prefer to be called cautious - because saying by Devs “do not put weak defenses” is hardly anything that can be tracked. There is no specification on what a weak team is - how is it justified - how much weaker according to meta it can be … There’s nothing - and the current system is still easily abuse-able.

The very reason why this uproar has ever come to life is because No clarification has ever been done about matters that the community requested. As it’s obvious - the current situation is still exploitable with extreme ease.
This needs to be addressed!

Please, be thoughtful for a moment and don’t reply back with “it’s obvious what a weak team is”, because nothing obvious can be punished if it isn’t described by legislation. Rules are needed to bring about fairness. Vague answers will never lead anywhere.

1 Like

I thought you said it was coming from Robert? Make up your mind! The thing is every time I post something on here you do not like you have to post this same garbage…When you post something I don’t like I ignore it…its because this is the only thing you have going for you a dang game…you might want to sit in front of your tv for another 6 hours I see you are not #1 right now in pvp…I am talking you not your guild…

*rolls eyes

As i and others have said… Time to lock it up

2 Likes

They can’t possibly be more clear on this - there are simply too many variables to define what is an “acceptable team”.

Try to win. Don’t intentionally roll over for anyone. If you are doing that, you’ll be fine. If you have any doubts, try harder.

7 Likes

Oh yes they can.

I am so sure especially because when they said “Alliances are not against rules” - none of you cared. And do not care up to this day. Well - now they are - so that’s resolved (EDIT: But look at what it took to get here).

Well, we’ll probably have to wait for the 3.2 - nothing else can be implemented by that time anyway.

1 Like

What makes you say that? I seem to remember people being pretty upset

1 Like

I’m a tax accountant. My whole profession is founded on an eternal struggle between legislators who try to limit abusive behavior while balancing all kinds of competing objectives and tax professionals who try to sidestep the spirit of rules while adhering to the letter of them to the benefit of themselves and their clients.

I look at this situation and know that no matter what the devs say, some clown (not you - just some generic clown) is going to try to nitpick their way around it. I get that you want some certainty, but there is no conceivable set of rules that they could lay out that would satisfactorily limit abusive behavior without thoroughly encroaching on any kind of freedom to play the game.

Just drop it. Try to win and you’ll be fine until 3.2 arrives and there is a new system that people can try to game.

18 Likes

*slow clap followed by a teary eyed salute to @Stan

3 Likes

My PvP rank is the last of my concern and have nothing to do with this GW subject.
As I said before, just try to play better in GW so you will have better rewards. It is not by trying since months to lower the 1st rank that your guild will make any progress.

Well - on the other hand - I think you are right.
… I’m just being overly vigilant here.

1 Like

Finally, something I can agree with! :wink:

Just kidding. I really do get that you want as much clarity as possible, especially since you’re going to be scrutinized no matter what for the next while. One of my old basketball coaches told me to always play like I didn’t know what the score was. In the same way, you should play like you don’t know who the opponent is.

Not simple at all… Many attack teams arent as good on defense

Sometimes i use pharos ra on blue day and he is useless on defense

There is a defense deck because the game isn’t symmetrical. Your defense team doesn’t get the benefit of going first, having a human controlling it or generally being able to make the right move in all situations. In GW, there is also the difference of invading team getting score bonuses from using teams of the daily color, while defense teams aren’t constrained in that way, and may actually be structured to actively counter the daily color.

2 Likes

Ok… Thats it!! I am done! @Stan you always explain things so much better than i do i am just going to just stick to chucking poo!

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment on my on-topic post. I look forward to the day when the PVP system is more balanced between incentivizing success in both invade and defense.

3 Likes

Very good way how to say it. I’m just somewhat worried because this can be misused in all kinds of ways. As I had been a researcher for some time - finding problems and solving them is usually what I do.
… Don’t hold this part of me against me. You can the rest :smile:

I really wish they do hide the enemies till you lock your defenses (day 1?) as a feature.

1 Like

Hey @Stan remember to never shake my hand. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well i guess i know now who to chuck poo at first lol…

1 Like

Hehehehe i am chuckin some at @Eika too so that wont save you itll just give me a twofer!

Edit: i would rather this thread be derailed than have more insults flung about…

3 Likes