Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

Or YOU can take my advice, @vangor brudda! Watch and be entertained, it is as simple as that! :joy::sweat_smile::clown_face:

2 Likes

I must admit i have been quite entertained all week by this

3 Likes

Dont help those, let them talk themselves. Dont give them the minor or common tips, brudda. lol :sweat_smile::joy: Its great fun watching the fishes swimming in circles in the fishbowl, you get what I mean? :clown_face:

2 Likes

I think you are being difficult for difficultā€™s sake.
Lets assume for a moment that the players in the top guilds are all near or over lvl 1000. Given that assumed fact, if the devs see them fielding a team of 4 lvl 5 troops that have only 1 trait. I think thatā€™s a pretty clear RED FLAG!

And I highly doubt that anybody would argue that that was a designed defense to grief OTHER lvl 1000 opponents.

Is that more clear?

5 Likes

I highly doubt it is clear enough, bruddaā€¦:joy:

1 Like

Thank you for the response. That is exactly what I wanted. A clear response from the devs! No meta defenses required! Thank you! :slight_smile:

@Vangor: Whatever makes you feel better. If thatā€™s the way you want it, then fineā€¦

For the record, before everyone starts saying I gave Anonymous an easy pass this week. This will be my defense in GW for saturday against Anonymous. It currently has a 35-40% winrate in PVP, so itā€™s by no means an easy defense (all level 20 troops and fully traited).

Iā€™m certainly not going to show my defense against Anonymous every week. This is just a one time courtesy for those who apparently donā€™t understand why clarification and clear rules before a competition takes place is essential for preventing issues later on. All I wanted was a clear ruling by the devs on the issue. Now thatā€™s been done (if it was done before, I apoliogize for missing it between the 100 repetitions of the same statements above), Iā€™ll not bore you any further with my requests for clarificationā€¦

2 Likes

I dont need to feel better pimpin i feel great! I was trying to legitimately helpful and you interpreted it as an attack for some reasonā€¦

It would seem to me you are the one who needs to feel betterā€¦

Jusā€™ sayinā€™

1 Like

Michael jackson had a chimpanzee as a best buddy and look what happened there! Lol
:joy:

Donā€™t help those @Vangor. They donā€™t deserves your help, arrogant pimpins as they are. Just watch them and get entertained. :joy::+1:

1 Like

Fishbowls arent animal cruelty because fish arent animals. They are holograms created by whoever is running the simulation so our puny brains dont reject the simulation

Edit: really? This one gets flagged for being off topic but the post it is a response to didnt? Seems as tho that tells us all who is flagging all my posts huh?

Greater than half those wins are likely from folks farming casual for snots thus the winrate accuracy canā€™t be precisely measured. Also even when you log a defense win vs an opponent that youā€™ve battled in GW in bracket one your facing the most active people so can still be from casual or regular PvP.

I would really like to see separate logs for GW to get a truer measure of effectiveness.

2 Likes

Does the winrate actually matter?

@saltypatra said that players shouldnā€™t use any unlevelled troops that donā€™t play well togeteher. These are 4 level 20 fully traited giants, so that checks all the boxes that Salty listedā€¦

1 Like

I wasnā€™t pecking on the GW aspects just the lack of an accurate logging.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why certain peoples idea of unfair supersedes my desire to play this game how I want
If my son still played this game and we faced each other in gw Iā€™d set def easy for them even if they didnā€™t for me. Iā€™d do the same for any friend. I donā€™t feel bad about it at all. Itā€™s not cheating itā€™s my choice not yours to chose for me. But when the loudest whiners effectively make game policy undermines this whole game
Congrats whiners you took my right to play how I want
Congrats devs youā€™ve made more work for yourselves checking everyoneā€™s teams they use
And congrats to all of us for taking time away from devs so they can fix the horrible game bugs which they obviously donā€™t have now

Iā€™m done with this topic
Eadallyall

2 Likes

Iā€™d still like to address the elephant in the room here. You donā€™t need to field unleveled troops not working well together to profit significantly from collusion. Given enough understanding on how scores are calculated, itā€™s quite easy to come up with defense teams that appear perfectly fine to most players, they donā€™t even have a significantly higher loss rate. And still those teams will on average allow the invading party to score roughly 100 more points than they would have otherwise. That might not appear as much, yet it sums up to 15k points over the course of the day. Thatā€™s worth several ranks within a bracket, so itā€™s essentially guaranteed to get exploited, with zero chance of it being detected when done subtle enough.

Iā€™d like to propose a temporary quick-fix here. Collusion works especially well under the current design because both participating parties profit, they both get a boost to their total score. Assuming that scores are handled entirely on server side, would it be possible to change the final score calculation to be the sum of the own daily scores minus the sum of the opponent daily score on the corresponding days?

To give an example, suppose scores were like this:

• Day1: MyGuild = 100k, Opponent1 = 90k
  • Day2: MyGuild = 220k, Opponent2 = 220k
  • Day3: MyGuild = 120k, Opponent3 = 110k
  • Day4: MyGuild = 130k, Opponent4 = 150k
  • Day5: MyGuild = 210k, Opponent5 = 210k
  • Day6: MyGuild = 120k, Opponent6 = 130k

The final score for MyGuild would be (100k + 220k + 120k + 130k + 210k + 120k) - (90k + 220k + 110k + 150k + 210k + 130k) = -10k, for a below average result. The obvious collusion attempts on Day2 and Day5 cancel out (and would even do so if they were less obvious). Under the current calculation, MyGuild would have scored a top placement instead.

Itā€™s not a perfect solution, there are other ways to collude. Itā€™s an improvement as such that it requires one of the colluding parties to take a hit for the other party to profit, which tends to make collusion far less attractive than any written rules. It also doesnā€™t seem to require a client-side fix, so it could possibly get implemented within a few days.

3 Likes

Only whining i see her atm is your postā€¦

There is nothing stopping you from setting easy defense teams for any or everyoneā€¦ You just have to accept the results of your choice.

Actually the people who decided to collude made more work for the devs by forcing them to look for dishonest players instead of just trusting everyone as they were doimg previously

Heh i would be too pimpin lol

3 Likes

Rojo, when I wrote ā€œIf you want better GW rewards, play better at GWā€ it was obvious I was speaking of your whole guild and not just you. If you were less self-centred, you would have probably understood thatā€¦
About scoring, I often score above 43k and was paragon 2 weeks over the last 5 weeks so I dont score so bad tooā€¦
And the hate is clearly from you against me and my guild. Just because your guild is unable to win 1 single GW week, you cant stop crying. You cant stand seeing Thieves at 1st rank. Its as simple as that. Just get over it and try to improve (yes, Rojoā€¦your guild i mean)

660 posts on this topic.
Many posters making the same point over and over and over again.
Nasty and mean spirited comments directed at posters.
Everything has been said, repeatedly.
Isnā€™t it time this thread was locked? @Saltypatra @Ozball
All it is doing is wasting the valuable time of the moderators.

2 Likes

Yes please. Iā€™ve stopped paying attention for the most part but Iā€™m certain it shouldā€™ve been closed about 400 posts ago.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not going to work. I occasionally see a goofy deck like Peasantx3 plus Lance Knight in PVP and they have a score of 9600+, just because they are level 20, fully traited with all possible kingdom and guild bonuses.

1 Like