Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

I, personally can not. It was at one time explained to me but it all went past my head in talks of api and json files. Not my area of expertise I will admit.

Your ignorance betrays you. Itā€™s not hacking if the information is readily available to anyone. But then, youā€™re not just anyone, are you?

1 Like

So how is it available please explain?

@Saltypatra is this info readily available to everyone? If so it needs to be disclosed to everyone how to access it.

Iā€™ve already explained. Sorry if it passed you by.

Oh boy! The thread isnā€™t locked down while Iā€™m available to speak!

Firstly, we feared this way back in May and asked and asked for an official denouncement from the devs, we did not receive any. We should not be surprised that one of the proponents of ā€œdevs didnā€™t say noā€ is now leading the charge here.

Secondly, anyone saying ā€œwe needed a breakā€ā€¦give me a break. None of these guilds gave us a break on any of the other days they set up defenses. You want to know what I did when I wanted a break from Guild Wars and the monotony of the defense teams? I left my beloved guild that I put my heart and soul into (Hoguns) in order to save my sanity. Never in my mind was this something viable. I made sure Oguntherā€™s vision of an honorable guild would continue and I can say in my heart of hearts, not a single member in our guild (hey, also more than 60 members since the start of GW, imagine that!) considered such an option. I decided that the best way to take a break from terrible awful defense teams was to remove myself from the guild I loved.

The blame does absolutely fall on the devā€™s shoulders. All we wanted was a denouncement from this kind of behavior. We did not receive it. They underestimated the human behavior of competitive people. Somehow. Iā€™ll never understand a simple no being unreasonable.

But anyone who says that putting up ridiculously easy defenses is in the name of WAR is a liar. You know what happens in real Wars? Since weā€™re doing this analogy? Your ally doesnā€™t face you in the freaking battlefield. This is so massively different. You donā€™t put up a charade of a fake war with your ally in real war. You take both of your troops and face the real enemy. Totally different guys.
edit hey itā€™s my cake day!

13 Likes

Sending request to a private server is for me not something that one should claim on the official forum of the server owner. But itā€™s only my point of view :wink: .
And I just asked the point of views of devs about that.

You can do a poll about that, but I really doubt about what you are saying. If you think itā€™s that okay why do you not let us know how you do it?

You should start a new thread about that :wink: .

I never said that I do it, did I?

No you have only said it was readily available not how it was readily available. Itā€™s not in the everyday guild war screen or menu in the game so where is it coming from?

Are you telling her itā€™s against the spirit of the game? ā€¦strange.

1 Like

She told you

It comes from computer knowledge

2 Likes

But is there someone who can do it (ie obtaining data from the server) that want to share his point of view?

That is not an explanation of how exactly it is done. We will see what @Saltypatra has to say on the subject. If it is readily available then it needs to be explained exactly how to access it.

Fair enoughā€¦ We already know what she had to say about colluding dont we tho? She called it cheating

3 Likes

Knowledge of specific guild alliances werenā€™t publicly available. Letā€™s keep on the subject of the OT.

1 Like

He was talking about getting data from IP2 serverā€¦

To those of you who were previously in these alliances:

Now that the devs have stated that collusions will, going forward, count as cheating, does this mean you will discontinue the practice?

Itā€™s been a while, but I remember the topic of this thread being a different topic from yours.

Iā€™m not sure if we are talking about the same thing but the topic here is making in-game polls.