Guiding Spirit

Valk + 3x Spirits = easy fast explore kill with 41 souls per win

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the magic bonus from their second trait! They end up hitting for about 25 true damage per cast. So broken. Need to reduce/eliminate the magic scaling and/or take away the true damage.

1 Like

See, this is what happens when you nerf perfectly respectable troops like Dust Devil, They turn around and sire bastard children in another kingdom. Just image what would happen if they actually nerfed Maw. Entire kingdoms would be devoured!

5 Likes

The power of the Troops released has risen so exponentially that half of the older Troops are simply unuseable to you in a practical sense.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s overzealousness or just forgetting to ā€œcheckā€ new Troops against the older ones, but itā€™s getting out of hand.

The last 4 Kingdoms on PC have a Legendary with either broken/OP mechanics and are some of the most used and abused Troops in the game.

This coupled with the developmentā€™s stand on ā€œNo buffs, just countersā€ (which happened at the same time Maw appeared) has made me believe the development team has taken a new approach to handling Troop feedback.

You get what you get, and if itā€™s broken; 1) Too bad, and 2) There will be ā€œcountersā€ coming, which will ā€œbreakā€ other, unrelated Troops. Oh, and 3) Too bad.

4 Likes

It seems like Power Creep is inevitable with games like this, at least digital code can be changed if something is too unbalanced.

Totally agreed that some more of the older troops need to be revamped, which we have seen in Zul Kari and Mist of Scales. Weapons are another story, so many are utterly useless and need to be buffed.

2 Likes

They desperately need to do a balance pass and buff and nerf a bunch of troops to fix the meta. Power creep is inevitable but itā€™s leading to tons of frustration right now when thereā€™s essentially universal consensus on some stuff that needs to be nerfed.

5 Likes

and the answer is YEP>

Yeah, itā€™s something that I was expecting to occur, but the answer to it earlier from the Devā€™s may have saved people some Glory. I had a little extra to throw around so no harm done here.

I was wrong, which is terrible for players since Traitstones are being released unevenly.

1 Like

How long are traitstones a part of the game now? I am waiting since then to trait my two teams. There is something just not right about it.

I donā€™t fully understand your question

I cant remember when traitstones were introduced.

It seems they are part of the game far too long to still be looking out each and every week for an event troop that may help trait the few troops I use.

I donā€™t know off-hand when PC got Traitstones

I could check but it was more of a thinking out loud or throwaway type comment. Anyhow, maybe next weeks event is better.

Yeah Iā€™m still waiting for some usefull ones also :confused:
I remember f.e Lava appearing only once, alsoā€¦how long ago were the Dark ones?

I think traitstones began 29 Feb 2916 - Swamp
Dark came 11 April
Lava 20 May

2 Likes

PCā€™s last Dark was Runesmith, last Lava was Nobend Brothers.

Absolutely fell in love with this troop. They they came out with 2.0.1 and got rid of the air spirit trait and made her boost a 3:1 ratio instead of the 2:1 ratio. She was fairly strong in the original iteration, Iā€™d agree with that, but I think getting rid of both air spirit and reducing the ratio made her week. You look at Vampire Lord and he has the same base magic and a 2:1 ratio plus he gains life. His only draw back is that he only boosts off red. While Astral Spirit may boost off any color it is not that likely you will have enough of one color mana on the board to do significant damage and she has to hit the first troop. I say either give her back air spirit or give her back 2:1 ratio. Also the centaur bond sucks. There arenā€™t enough really good centaurs to build a group around (in my opinion at least) and I also think getting rid of air spirit and giving her centaur bond restrains the number of groups she is cohesive with. In conclusion I feel she very quickly went from a really good, cohesive troop to a weak and incohesive troop.

1 Like

Totally happened to me. I spend a bunch of glory to get her ascended and now I wish I hadnā€™t since the tweaks they made to her made her fairly weak in comparison to what she was (though she may have been too powerful to begin with). They went a little too far on nerfing her in my opinion.

And as such I feel wary about investing so much resource into a troop again. I wonā€™t make that mistake twice. Sucks feeling like you were swindledā€¦even if she needed a nerf, I wasnā€™t expecting her to be next to useless

2 Likes