Grainy graphics on iOS

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I have an iPhone with a Retina screen, so I am used to not seeing pixels when I look at images/text. Lately the text in my game has been, for lack of a better word, grainy. Instead of color-blending to hide the transition between text and background, the edges of letters are plainly visible, and the letters themselves are an uneven number of pixels across. This persists across restarts of the game, but I haven’t deleted/redownloaded.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Weirdly, the problem doesn’t show up as clearly in the screenshot as it does on my screen. When I look at this image in the game, the two r’s in the guild name “Freak Power” are very clearly different numbers of pixels wide. The black border around letters is missing on some edges, and doubly thick on others.

It’s almost like the game is being downscaled for some reason, and then poorly antialiased afterward.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: had to get creative and take an old-school screenshot. Look at the border around the trait names, and how ragged all the numbers appear, especially the 1 in the description of Arcane.